Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfinityVive

What is this? why is it happening?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

What does 75 FPS look like? What are you comparing it to?

I am comparing it to how it felt before I got my RX 570, I was running on intel HD 4600 at 800x600 lowest settings possible at 75 FPS, it felt like real 75 FPS... so why is this happening?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, muito_gostoso said:

welcome to pc gaming, give us a shot of MSI afterburner!

images.jpg

Ok then...

Edit: But what to do with the timeframes? when are they considered good and when are they considered bad? and what do they have to do with the gaming experience?

Link to post
Share on other sites

75Hz feels identical to 60Hz to me. Only noticable difference is 100Hz and up.


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

EVGA G3 threadSeasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, InfinityVive said:

I am comparing it to how it felt before I got my RX 570, I was running on intel HD 4600 at 800x600 lowest settings possible at 75 FPS, it felt like real 75 FPS... so why is this happening?

What? What makes you think that was "real" 75 fps and this is "not real" 75 fps..?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

What? What makes you think that was "real" 75 fps and this is "not real" 75 fps..?

I don't know how to explain it... the intel HD experience was... like ehm... It was really smooth without any stutters when with the RX 570 I feel there are some weird things like Micro Stutters when I move my camera in any game...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, InfinityVive said:

I don't know how to explain it... the intel HD experience was... like ehm... It was really smooth without any stutters when with the RX 570 I feel there are some weird things like Micro Stutters when I move my camera in any game...

Thermal throttle ?


Don't forget to quote (arrow bottom left of the message) or use name tag (@name) for us to see your answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, InfinityVive said:

I don't know how to explain it... the intel HD experience was... like ehm... It was really smooth without any stutters when with the RX 570 I feel there are some weird things like Micro Stutters when I move my camera in any game...

did you installed amd drivers of that rx 570?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, InfinityVive said:

the intel HD experience was... like ehm... It was really smooth

6 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

I was running on intel HD 4600 at 800x600 lowest settings possible at 75 FPS

?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Thermal throttle ?

Nope, My RX 570 runs on 60 Degrees average my and i5 runs at 55 Degrees average while playing an eSports game (Apex legends)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

?

And ye... I tried bringing settings down to the same settings the intel HD was on... The game still doesn't feel smooth...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, muito_gostoso said:

did you installed amd drivers of that rx 570?

install*

And yes I did, I installed AMD Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 (after Den-Fi told me that Adrenalin 2020 causes problems)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

install*

And yes I did, I installed AMD Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 (after Den-Fi told me that Adrenalin 2020 causes problems)

install msi afterburner, the tool to measure your fps, and in game performance of your pc.

 

make an screenshot and post it back the forum, there are some nice tutorials of afterburner.

 

use google traductor to english.

https://tutowin10.com/msi-afterburner/

monitorizacion-afterburner-min.jpg

ver-los-fps-en-un-juego-min.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, muito_gostoso said:

install msi afterburner, the tool to measure your fps, and in game performance of your pc.

 

make an screenshot and post it back the forum, there are some nice tutorials of afterburner.

 

use google traductor to english.

https://tutowin10.com/msi-afterburner/

monitorizacion-afterburner-min.jpg

ver-los-fps-en-un-juego-min.jpg

ok thanks, I will take a screenshot than post it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

So I have recently noticed unstable GPU usage in all games that take my RX 570 up to 100% including GTA V, The Usage is literally bouncing like a Tennis ball... From 5% to 100% to 25% to 100% to 88% to 22% to 100% etc...

Yes I tried enabling frame limiter...

but ye, is that normal?

Capture.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, InfinityVive said:

So I have recently noticed unstable GPU usage in all games that take my RX 570 up to 100% including GTA V, The Usage is literally bouncing like a Tennis ball... From 5% to 100% to 25% to 100% to 88% to 22% to 100% etc...

Yes I tried enabling frame limiter...

but ye, is that normal?

Capture.PNG

What CPU?

 

Also, what does Windows Task Manager show as the GPU usage?  Oddly enough for me that seems to be the most accurate vs all other third party software for my GPU's atm.


Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker (or 4x8gb DDR4 2666mhz for large tasks), Corsair HX850 PSU, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  DSI 90-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry Red switches, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Hannspree HF207 and Acer AL2016W monitors

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.  Currently decommissioned to move to an mATX setup on a new MOBO once I pick one out

Schrute: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0, FX 8350, 2x Gigabyte HD 7850 2gb GPUs in crossfire, 16gb (4x4) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz, Sparkle/FSP 650w PSU, PCCOOLING 160w TDP air cooler, 60gb Patriot SSD Win 10 boot drive, 1tb WDBlack HDD, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 case.  Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Roku 55" 4k TV

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 2x4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, 500gb Seagate 7mm HDD attached storage, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, USB Wifi adapter all vesa mounted to the back of a 37" 1080p TV for form factor in the kitchen

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 2gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro at the moment

APU Laptop: I need to clean this things TIM up so it can boot into Windows 7 for more than 5 minute before overheating at idle, it has things, I just haven't been on it in 2 years or so

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

What CPU?

 

Also, what does Windows Task Manager show as the GPU usage?  Oddly enough for me that seems to be the most accurate vs all other third party software for my GPU's atm.

I am using core i5-4590

Task manager pauses the game because all games I play pause on focus-loss, So I think I will try using windowed mode...

And ye, isn't MSI afterburner accurate enough? this is a capture from the MSI afterburner usage graph

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Also, what does Windows Task Manager show as the GPU usage?  Oddly enough for me that seems to be the most accurate vs all other third party software for my GPU's atm.

Oh no, you said some damning words that should not be spoken! /s

 

2 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

I am using core i5-4590

Task manager pauses the game because all games I play pause on focus-loss, So I think I will try using windowed mode...

And ye, isn't MSI afterburner accurate enough? this is a capture from the MSI afterburner usage graph

The game may be pegging the CPU too hard at times that the GPU can't work to its fullest. We'd need to see a CPU usage graph as well.

 

Also it's not that MSI's graph isn't accurate, but that the data is taken at level further away from the hardware than where Task Manager gets its data.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Oh no, you said some damning words that should not be spoken! /s

 

The game may be pegging the CPU too hard at times that the GPU can't work to its fullest. We'd need to see a CPU usage graph as well.

 

Also it's not that MSI's graph isn't accurate, but that the data is taken at level further away from the hardware than where Task Manager gets its data.

the CPU was running at 60% almost all the time...

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

the CPU was running at 60% almost all the time...

Sounds like it's only using a few cores at 100%, which is pretty common. Looks like you're CPU bottlenecked.


CPURyzen 5 3600 Cooler: GAMMAXX 400 with dual Arcic P12 PWM RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3600 16-16-16 MoboASRock X570M Pro4

Graphics Card: ASRock Reference RX 5700 XT Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M Monitor: MSI Optix MAG241C Case Fans: 3x Arctic P12 PWM

Storage: Mushkin ECO2 512GB SSD, HP EX900 1TB NVMe, dual Constellation ES 2GB in RAID1

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, BTGbullseye said:

Sounds like it's only using a few cores at 100%, which is pretty common. Looks like you're CPU bottlenecked.

 

9 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

That doesn't sound right, but at the same time it explains the GPU utilization.

Ye I just want to know if my PC is running fine or not...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played GTA V in a few years, I wonder if it kills i5 now. But that sounds exactly like what playing with a massive cpu bottleneck with my GTX 970 and Pentium G3258 was like. Wildly oscillating gpu usage even when MSI Afterburner would say the cpu usage was only 60%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I haven't played GTA V in a few years, I wonder if it kills i5 now. But that sounds exactly like what playing with a massive cpu bottleneck with my GTX 970 and Pentium G3258 was like. Wildly oscillating gpu usage even when MSI Afterburner would say the cpu usage was only 60%.

Ye I Just tried control which should not be CPU Intensive... The GPU usage is still very unstable

Edit: At highest settings possible MSAA 2x

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Sounds like it's only using a few cores at 100%, which is pretty common. Looks like you're CPU bottlenecked.

Ye I Just tried control which should not be CPU Intensive... The GPU usage is still very unstable

Edit: At Highest settings possible, MSAA 2x

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×