Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfinityVive

What is this? why is it happening?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I just installed Windows 10 build 1909 like how many people advised me to + I installed Radeon Adrenaline 2020 20.1.3, But what I have noticed is that when I play a game like Control I notice slight stutters even though my CPU usage didn't reach 100% (only GPU at 100%)...

My PC specs:

-Core i5-4590

-8 GB RAM

-XFX Radeon RX 570

Just now, RageTester said:

100% GPU use is normal, if it's not high when game is closed

it is not high when the game is closed, but are these slight stutters normal? The game freezes for like 0.05 seconds then it works normal against every like 10 seconds, is that normal?

How much fps are you getting? Are frames per second stable? Maybe lower the resolution or detail level, or use fps limiter...

2 minutes ago, RageTester said:

How much fps are you getting? Are frames per second stable? Maybe lower the resolution or detail level, or use fps limiter...

Around 39 FPS Average, All settings set to max and MSAA off

8 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

Around 39 FPS Average, All settings set to max and MSAA off

Depends on the game, but most gamers think 39 fps isn't smooth enough...

Most likely what you see are dropped frames...

Lower some settings and try then or consider upgrading the GPU.

15 minutes ago, Levent said:

Let me guess, game is installed on a HDD.

shouldn't be an issue, game textures are loaded in RAM and stuttering has nothing to do with storage device (in most cases) as SSD hardly provide performance benefit except faster loading times

The most underrated user and unsung hero of LTT Forum.

Casual Gamer and part time Youtuber.

Day Dreamer but lazy and lethargic when it comes to goals.

Always procrastinating. Avoiding challenges and getting out of comfort zone.

6 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

shouldn't be an issue, game textures are loaded in RAM and stuttering has nothing to do with storage device (in most cases) as SSD hardly provide performance benefit except faster loading times

Actually is in THIS game.

Night and Day differences in Loading times,..which you expect,.. as well as INGAME hitching, again, ingame HDD vs SSD is a night and day differing experience, the SSD completely removes it, and the HDD introduces it. (Fast or not, mine is relatively new and healthy)
This game may be the outlier,.. but its true.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

9 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

When VRAM is not sufficient, RAM is used, when RAM is not sufficient, SWAP is used. I know for a fact that Control uses lots of vram, I also assume OP is using not legitimate version which has couple of issues and lacks optimizations that were introduced later on.

y'all need to poop more often.

2 hours ago, Levent said:

When VRAM is not sufficient, RAM is used, when RAM is not sufficient, SWAP is used. I know for a fact that Control uses lots of vram, I also assume OP is using not legitimate version which has couple of issues and lacks optimizations that were introduced later on.

I am using a Legit version of the game, I bought it's key from Humble Bundle, When it had a discount off course...

So I am using an XFX RX 570 that is currently acting normal but I am still NOT sure if it's faulty or not...

So can you please give me a list of what I should check to know if my GPU is faulty or just acting normally?

Just now, InfinityVive said:

So I am using an XFX RX 570 that is currently acting normal but I am still NOT sure if it's faulty or not...

So can you please give me a list of what I should check to know if my GPU is faulty or just acting normally?

Run a test on the GPU and see if the score you get lines up with what others get.

3DMark FireStrike and TimeSpy are my go to's, both free in the Steam Demo version.

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Just now, minibois said:

Run a test on the GPU and see if the score you get lines up with what others get.

3DMark FireStrike and TimeSpy are my go to's, both free in the Steam Demo version.

I did superposition GPU test, my GPU scored around 4600 on 1080p High DX 12, so is it's performance normal?

4 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

I did superposition GPU test, my GPU scored around 4600 on 1080p High DX 12, so is it's performance normal?

yes

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/amd_rx570_2019_review_vs_gtx_1650_cards/22

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

And is there anything else I can do so I can finally tell myself to stop worrying? Like really, this is my first PC build, I am so worried for some reason about the GPU being faulty somehow even though it's acting normally... for now...

8 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

And is there anything else I can do so I can finally tell myself to stop worrying? Like really, this is my first PC build, I am so worried for some reason about the GPU being faulty somehow even though it's acting normally... for now...

List to this at least five times a day:

Spoiler

/s

I don't know my dude, I can't make you stop worrying. But just... Don't worry. If your PC works, it won't break overnight.

5 minutes ago, minibois said:

List to this at least five times a day:

Hide contents

/s

I don't my dude, I can't make you stop worrying. But just... Don't worry. If your PC works, it won't break overnight.

OK, so I can finally stop worrying? BTW, I just downloaded furmark, how long should I run it for?

1 minute ago, InfinityVive said:

OK, so I can finally stop worrying? BTW, I just downloaded furmark, how long should I run it?

If this is an air cooled card, an hour would be fine. Probably even 30 minutes. Air settles to max temperature pretty quickly. If you are not overclockign you don't really need to extensively test/stress the system.

1 minute ago, minibois said:

If this is an air cooled card, an hour would be fine. Probably even 30 minutes. Air settles to max temperature pretty quickly. If you are not overclockign you don't really need to extensively test/stress the system.

It is currently running on stock speed at 1280 MHz, Also I am using an Optiplex 7020 case which has no inhale fan... so my PC doesn't really have the best airflow of all, but making sure it works won't hurt, so 10 minutes is enough?

Just now, InfinityVive said:

It is currently running on stock speed at 1280 MHz, Also I am using an Optiplex 7020 case which has no inhale fan... so my PC doesn't really have the best airflow of all, but making sure it works won't hurt, so 10 minutes is enough?

Furmark is kind of intensive, so that might work too

Just now, minibois said:

ok I will start it and give you the results after 10 minutes

38 minutes ago, minibois said:

OK It's been 10 minutes now, is the GPU running normal? Here's a screenshot:

Capture.PNG

So after I installed the latest windows I started playing GTA V, I noticed stutters every time the camera moves even though the FPS is above 60 almost all the time... I didn't have this problem on my old RX 470... I also didn't have this problem when I had windows 10 build 10240 and AMD Crimson 1.7.1.1 drivers, Also my CPU usage wasn't 100%, it was around 60%, And my GPU usage was around 100% all the time...

The settings I used were Very high with 2x MSAA and Reflection MSAA off and x8 Anti-Aliasing...

PLEASE HELP ME WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!!

Edit: If you are wondering what my PC specs are... here:

-i5-4590

-8 GB RAM dual channel

-XFX Radeon RX 570 OEM-Pull