BSOD with stop code 0xa0000006 is killing me and I don't know what to do

Anybody knows how to solve this BSOD with stop code 0xa0000006? I'm using the MSI Alpha 15 A3ddk with the AMD Ryzen 7 3650H + Radeon RX5500M and this bsod keeps popping up for no reason everytime I'm trying to finish my work.

Please help me with some solutions to this problem, sjnce I don't really know much about computers especially windows.

IMG-20200130-WA0002.jpg

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-stop-0x00000006-errors-2624047

Have you tried any of these? Have you contacted Microsoft customer support?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 1/30/2020 at 1:48 PM, Fasauceome said:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-stop-0x00000006-errors-2624047

Have you tried any of these? Have you contacted Microsoft customer support?

First link gives only standard solutions not really related to this specific problem. Microsoft support can give you mostly the same answers, no matter what problem do you have. So it's nice that OP asks here.

Unfortunately, there is no easy answer. It's more like "please, give me a tutorial how to diagnose and fix a computer". Answer will be always too complex and not easy. Diagnosing may be difficult (you must check is this software or hardware related problem using many tools) and fixing it depends on that. Not really other answer than "check everything".

Same laptop, same issue.

Reinstall from scratch using windows reset feature does the same during the process. Only msi restoration works.

Updating all drivers, same issue.

Ps error code is 0xA0000006 not the regular 0x00000006. Those are NOT the same. The one we get is not documented.

Miscoroft support is mostly useless, they will ask to do the check health of windows which will not fix the issue (as reinstall didn't).

If someone else has an idea, i'm all hear.

ps: i ask the same questyion on MSI forum: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=331589.msg1957888#msg1957888

Sorry, but MSI forum is even more useless than Microsoft forum.

Fact is Windows should work. If is not working, it means you have problem with hardware. It's new installation after all.

For those who got the same issue, i think i found a solution (i mean i didn't get one in last 48h, so let's hope it's the solution) :

I update all driver to latest version available from the manufacturer website (not msi, the real manufacturer of the driver: realtek for audio, nahimic, etc.)

For catalyst, i use 2020.2.1 version. It's not a WHQL driver, but still.

From MSI's driver/pilote/bios support page for that laptop (https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/Alpha-15-A3DDK):

* Bios: I set the latest bios available (10c)

* Firmware (use google to find manual/guide as msi only provide one of them):

** I set the latest vbios (101 - for gpu). In my case, it seems it was already there.

** And ec firmware (104) as well.

Pro side :

* No more bsod (till now)

Con side :

* ec firmware: "Under AC mode, set the lowest cpu fan speed to 2700RPM(45%) except silent mode" which is a bit noisy.

Here is the ec firmware changelog

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;                                                                          ;;
;;                      MSI EC Release Notes                                ;;
;;                                                                          ;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Model    : MS-16U6                                 
MKT Name : Alpha 15 A3DD/Alpha 15 A3DDK//Alpha 15 A3DC/Alpha 15 A3DCK

;****************************************************************************;

New EC Firmware: 16U6EMS1.104
ROM CheckSum   :  223F
Release date   : 2020.01.17

;--------------------------- Description ------------------------------------;

1. Under AC mode, set the lowest cpu fan speed to 2700RPM(45%) except silent mode.  
2. Set DGPU software shutdown temperature to 108'C.   

New EC Firmware: 16U6EMS1.103
ROM CheckSum   : 3345
Release date   : 2019.12.03

1. Optimize CPU power limit switch and battery current protect policy. 

New EC Firmware: 16U6EMS1.102
ROM CheckSum   : 123E
Release date   : 2019.11.13

1. Update balance/silent mode performance and fan speed setting.  
2. Add workground to prevent KBC SIRQ lose.

New EC Firmware: 16U6EMS1.101
ROM CheckSum   : C688
Release date   : 2019.10.23

First Release.

Well, "update everything" (drivers, bios etc) is not real solution for this problem. It's more like universal solution - something that is worth to try in case any problem. But good for you if it works. :)

Do you guys have any news? I have the exact same model (I bought it yesterday), MSI Alpha 15 A3DD. It all started when trying to update the laptop:

1. when updating, the Cumulative Update 1903 couldnt install, when it reached 20%, it will automatically go all the way up to 100% and then it says there's an error when installing, something that says it is corrupted, i repeated the process several times, it even told me I need .NET Frameworks or something like that to function properly, when I downloaded the driver from the MS Official page, it says it is corrupted.
  2. Thats a windows related problem, yes. But until that point there was no BSOD issues. 
  3. that same night, I was on youtube for about 5 mins and then got a BSOD. turned off chrome's hardware acceleration and that problem was fixed.
  4. When installing LoL, also got a BSOD
  5. Installed the drivers straight from AMD's "Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows©" and still, got BSOD'd 

I think i need to fix the Windows issue first, but I really dont know. please help

58 minutes ago, Nomicon15 said:

Do you guys have any news? I have the exact same model (I bought it yesterday), MSI Alpha 15 A3DD. It all started when trying to update the laptop:

1. when updating, the Cumulative Update 1903 couldnt install, when it reached 20%, it will automatically go all the way up to 100% and then it says there's an error when installing, something that says it is corrupted, i repeated the process several times, it even told me I need .NET Frameworks or something like that to function properly, when I downloaded the driver from the MS Official page, it says it is corrupted.
  2. Thats a windows related problem, yes. But until that point there was no BSOD issues. 
  3. that same night, I was on youtube for about 5 mins and then got a BSOD. turned off chrome's hardware acceleration and that problem was fixed.
  4. When installing LoL, also got a BSOD
  5. Installed the drivers straight from AMD's "Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows©" and still, got BSOD'd 

I think i need to fix the Windows issue first, but I really dont know. please help

I finally managed to update my Windows, but I cant basically use any app, or it BSOD straight away

As i wrote, only msi recovery feature works for me.

I guess driver embedded with default windows crash from start, so it's a big no-go.

Try to:

* Remove all gpu/amd driver you got, clean using DDU (https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) and install the 2020.2.1 driver.

* Using MSI support page, download vbios, ec firmware and bios latest version and install them (in my case, vbiso seems useless as it did nothing).

So far, no more bsod for me (finger cross that will last).

Note: I don't use chrome, but vivaldi or opera, which are also chromium based web browser. I haven't try to watch a video from youtube.

About chrome hardware issue on amd driver: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/hardware-acceleration-in-chrome.430559/

In my case, i disable the amd audio device in windows device manager.

Note2: using catalyst 2019.12.*, the driver installation crashes while installing the audio part.

I also contact MSI support for this issue. As you also own such laptop, do it as well.

Tell them you got recurring BSOD and send them the minidump they'll ask. 

• 4 weeks later...

Warning : catalyst 2020.2.2 combine with last windows patch (i dl them on march 1st) give me back the bsod...

Having the same problem as you guys. Crashed yesterday when I started GTA V and it deinstalled itself somehow? Same thing happend with CS:GO a few days ago. It was much worse when I get the laptop first and tried to play games, many times it gave me BSOD. But it calmed down when I reinstalled graphic drivers.

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates guys? Still having the problem. I'm gonna start noting down when and what I did before I get BSOD with this stop-code. I really want to fix this problem.

Hi, i'm using MSI Alpha 15 A3dd-003, i have 2 months with this computer and i don't know what to do whit this problem.
I called the msi support and they tell me thad i need actualizate my Windows 10, also dowload the AMD Radeon Software and use the tool "memory diagnosis" to check my memory and nothing.
I actualizated all the drivers of my computer and the error continue.
If this is a problem of the computer, why MSI don't do it nothing to fix?
Like a tutorial or another thing.

Had the problem too and I solved it. I hope my how-to helps anyone else, would love to hear if it or even if did not.

My m.2 harddrive wasn't inserted properly into its slot on the mainboard. Wrong screw (regular hexahead that actually touched a pin on the m.2) or it wasn't tightened enough. I found the proper screw in the next hole and secured the m.2 using that, all the way till the m.2 touched the mainboard firmly. Reconnected all the cables and rebooted. On reboot, re-tried to copy a huge .dat file (45GB) I was copying to the m.2 earlier. The ridiculously low sustained speed of 40MB/s from before, which pointed me at a problem with the m.2, now was a sustained 400MB/s.

I think I know what the problem is, it could be the ram. I have 8GB installed, 2 GB are taken by the intergrated graphics. Or the switching between intergrated graphics and dedicated graphics. Most of the time it crashed was when the laptop was unplugged, in browsers, unplugging the laptop while watching a video, many programs opened. One time it crashed when I was in the login screen.

I also thought that the laptop had very little RAM
I bought a 16GB RAM and put it on
The problem persists
I uploaded this video to youtube, could you watch it to confirm the problem or if you see anything unusual?
https://youtu.be/PmWdqCfB3rc

@MelonenTree: When there are problems with RAM, you get a different stop code and your pc will automatically reboot. Responses on input by hardware are immediately, so if you don't do a thing, it's either temperature going haywire, or some process reading from or writing to your drive. Is your Windows (C:\) using the m.2 nvme?

@Rastapary: The only unusual thing I saw was that your GPU temp is going through the roof, even in idle mode. It should be 30 Celsius and not 70+. You should fix that. The device seems too recent to have dust in the fans. Perhaps apply some new heat paste. Some Arctic Silver 5. However, I can already tell you it's not the cause for this stopcode. An auto-shutdown of that type goes without a BSOD or stopcode and it needs 90C or higher. Is your Windows (C:\) using the m.2 nvme? Cus I saw only one single drive in the list of the Administrador de tareas. (Task manager) and the laptop usually comes with two.

Having been heavily tinkering with my own unit, the problem never returned and the only thing that I did not touch ws the m.2. So, I'm still convinced the kernel panic which causes this particular BSOD is because the m.2 has gotten loose. It's the only type of slot that is prone to that, because it has such a low number of connecting pins and allows an angle. Alpha 15 usually comes with a 512GB m.2 nvme drive. I would disconnect the power from the system, then open it up. Find the m.2. On this picture it's the long blue chip, below the cooling fan in the top right. If you can, take it out and plug it back in. Or have someone with skill do it for you. See if that solves the problem. Have either of you tried to copy a big file (2 gigs minimum) to the C drive and watched if it reaches the proper speed? An m.2 should reach 200 megabyte per second easily. If the other drive can keep up with that.

11 hours ago, vanguardkeep said:

Is your Windows (C:\) using the m.2 nvme?

Yes it is. Never actually tested how fast my SSD is. Isn't there a software for it? And I'm not sure if I'll break my warranty if I open the laptop, but I would try to open it and reinsert my SSD.

I manage to get a little more stability.

In my case :

* ED firmware is updated to latest available at the time (104)

* same for bios (10e) - another user got a 10f but his laptop still provokes bsod.

From msi's website, i download AMD driver (not up to date, but more stable than any other i tried, expect 2020.2.1 and 2020.4.x (haven't test anything more recent than 2020.3.1)

From nahimic website i download realtek audio driver.

I uninstall dragon center

I use DDU (see guru3d website for this tool) to completely remove AMD driver

I also uninstall realtek audio driver, realtek audio console and nahimic.

I reinstall amd & realtek drivers, and use ms store to get amd catalyst lite, realtek audio console and dragon center (2.0.38 - note: switch gpu combo has disappear but never worked in my case but now, battery master plan is well persisted)

Didn't get bsod since. I hope this will stay like that.

Edit:

Depending on the laptop variant, the memory and storage vary.

Mine is a 8Gb ram with only the m2 ssd.

Another laptop having the issue is a 16Gb with smaller m2 and hdd.

Help me guys, 

Laptop : Alpha 15 A3DD (16GB RAM)

SAME PROBLEM 

IMG_20200416_114450092.jpg

Seven days later, still stable in my case.

@StarBoy04 do the same as I did, and tell us if that solve the issue in your case too.

On 4/16/2020 at 8:00 PM, pseudo555 said:

Seven days later, still stable in my case.

@StarBoy04 do the same as I did, and tell us if that solve the issue in your case too.

I have downloaded the  amd radon software and update the graphics driver to latest and even updated by bios ... Till now the problem has not occur again.

I am happy now my laptop is working fine. 

Thanks @pseudo555 for replying.

I also need help with this bsod error. 0xa0000006, it's happening repeatedly without any reason. Help me and tell me what to do