Warcraft 3 reforged is a complete disaster

spartaman64

Submitted a request refund form for my purchase through Blizzard Support and just received a notification from Paypal saying refund incoming.

If i knew the game was going to be WC3 with updated unit models i wouldnt have purchase it for $60AUD.

not sure if i'm allowed to post the link i followed but DM me for the link or google "Can i get a refund for Warcraft 3 reforged" and click on the link by dotesports.com

Refund.JPG

Haha that's brutal. Can't believe they'd charge basically full price for something like that. I'm really looking forward to the C&C remake. Apparently they're very involved with the community, asking what they wanted, and everything has gotten a total visual remake. They've also added features not in the game before. Why a much larger studio like Blizzard can't accomplish that is pretty sad. 

Oh, and I'm pretty sure for the money you get 2 or 3 games with C&C. 

7 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

they also moved overwatch league from twitch to youtube which i think is a terrible decision

Page 4

blizzard is just making dumb decisions all around

Eh to be fair YouTube hasn't been doing game streaming for nearly as long. So the graph is kind of flawed and skewed to a certain point of view. Viewership over the past quarter would be more useful. 

7 hours ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

Meanwhile, I am having a blast and zero issues with the game.

Did not check out the MP part, but honestly never got interested in that anyways. (Hell, I don't even remember it having MP originally,...)

Did not run into any graphical bugs, performance issues, crashes or letdowns. It is just basically the old game with slightly shinier pictures, sounds and videos.

Got all I expected to get tbh.

Not quite sure what people expected it to be. A new game? They would have called it Warcraft IV then.

Other companies can deliver significant improvements, there's no excuse for Blizzard not to. Not when you're basically paying for an entirely new game. 

6 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

idk you dont get a metacritic score of 1.9 lower than fallout 76 without doing something wrong. and like fallout 76 some people are going to like the game but that doesnt mean that nothing is wrong unlike what my chem professor thought when 80% of the people failed an exam but hey the top score is 94% so that means theres nothing wrong with the exam

Metacritic is only vaguely useful. When something gets hate, everyone bombs it, and the rating becomes basically useless. The only way it'd be useful was if they required purchase verification and you could alter your rating. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

7 hours ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

Not quite sure what people expected it to be

A lot of the outrage is that people expected to get the features they were promised but didn't get. Blizzard themselves promised a huge number of features and even showed off some completely redone in-game cutscenes back in 2018 only to now release half-assed cutscenes that don't even try to look like the ones back in 2018.

I mean, people are expecting to get what they paid for. Nothing wrong with that. When they then don't get what they paid for, well, of course they're going to get pissed.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

all i want is EA to not screw Red Alert 1: Remastered this hard ,_,

The project-lead of the remaster sends his regards:

hi.gif.852a1106b60b6e9eb45c658169b7f06e.gif

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Well this is a stark contrast with the release of age of empires 2 definitive edition xD

What a shame, was considering to try warcraft 3 for the first time.

and also let's not forget the TOS attached with the game where if you are a modder you have to renounce to any right to your work, because it all belongs to blizzard.

“To the extent you are prohibited from transferring or assigning your moral rights to Blizzard by applicable laws, to the utmost extent legally permitted, you waive any moral rights or similar rights you may have in all such Custom Games, without any remuneration.”

Guess not having claims on Dota was too much for them

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

This is why I never buy games as soon as they release, always gotta wait and see, maybe wait for some discounts. There are plenty of games to choose from and there's very little reason to get this hyped for anything. Have to stay cool and not rush into buying. And no pre-purchasing.

2 hours ago, WereCatf said:

A lot of the outrage is that people expected to get the features they were promised but didn't get. Blizzard themselves promised a huge number of features and even showed off some completely redone in-game cutscenes back in 2018 only to now release half-assed cutscenes that don't even try to look like the ones back in 2018.

I mean, people are expecting to get what they paid for. Nothing wrong with that. When they then don't get what they paid for, well, of course they're going to get pissed.

But they delivered redone cut scenes,... 

I may be dull here, forgive me, but people seem to be outraged about stuff that is just not true at all.

Just because I think a cut scene should be redone in some other way, does not mean it is not as advertised. No matter how they redo it, there will always be people claiming it was "the wrong way".

A player base like the one for blizzard games is so huge that you will always get a huge group of pissed people.

Look, I dislike Activision as much as everyone else. I just dislike bashing things that are false even more. We get that plenty in politics, don't bring that to gaming as well. Bash them for stuff that is valid and true, don't make up stuff that can be proven wrong by just starting up the game and opening your eyes.

Just now, Tech Enthusiast said:

But they delivered redone cut scenes,... 

I may be dull here, forgive me, but people seem to be outraged about stuff that is just not true at all.

You really need to go and look at the cutscenes they promised in 2018 and then compare them to what people actually got. Sure, they are redone, but they defnitely aren't what was shown and promised in 2018.

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

all i want is EA to not screw Red Alert 1: Remastered this hard ,_,

Here we are expecting games to function as well as when they launched over a decade ago. It's the 2020s, we can't expect working products on launch.

Never ever pre-order digital releases. It makes no sense. 

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

I checked this comparison: On YouTube

They do look slightly different, I agree. But they are now closer to the original feeling. The Blizzcon version kind of changed the feeling.

So, while I see the difference, I also am sure that plenty of other people would have bitched about the other cut scenes, because they changed too much and where not true to the original game.

I personally don't mind either version tbh. The Blizzcon one does look slightly newer, while the current ones do seem to use the engine itself and look more like an improved version of the original compared to changing it all together. The differences are basically zoomed in and camera movement related and maybe a few extra pixels or so. Still nothing I would go all mad about tho. ?

People seem to hate it for some reason. But I just have a good time with the campaign now and am happy. The Starcraft remake was much worse in my eyes, so I guess I did not expect some kind of miracle here. At the very least I don't see why we need to light the torches THAT bad right now. Remakes always polarize people, due to the many approaches a remake can choose. Staying close to the original is the worst for some, while others strongly demand it /shrug.

The same people that are mad about some missing tournament features are also mad about cut scenes not changing the original enough. Hypocrisy at its best. ?

Can we all let Blizzard die already...

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

The sad part about Blizzard:

They are still making the best games out there (with very few exceptions like Witcher obviously), despite being MUCH worse than they used to.

Yeah, they went downhill bad, but compare them to EA, Ubisoft and the like and you see what the market has become.

CD project Red is the new shining star on the horizon, for now. Let's all hope they don't go the way of the Blizzard. (Hell, even Ubisoft was amazing, way back then,... so sad)

1 hour ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

They are still making the best games out there (with very few exceptions like Witcher obviously), despite being MUCH worse than they used to.

Yeah, they went downhill bad, but compare them to EA, Ubisoft and the like and you see what the market has become.

CD project Red is the new shining star on the horizon, for now. Let's all hope they don't go the way of the Blizzard. (Hell, even Ubisoft was amazing, way back then,... so sad)

There are more studios like CDPR. 

For example I think that Larian Studios is as good as CDPR just not that well known. 

I agree. Larian Studio is pretty nice as well. I would not blindly buy any game from them tho, while I do that for CDPR.

Used to do that with all Blizzard and Ubisoft titles, but Ubisoft went bad quite a while ago and Blizzard... oh well. Just being worse than they used to, but still much higher quality than almost anyone else.

Been reading the blizzard forums for WC3R for a while now.

People seem to be pissed about it being an old game mostly. The rose colored glasses remembered a better game for the most part. Like 9/10 people just say: "I dislike the game!" or "I feel let down!". Hard to find someone being specific as to what is actually the problem. The people having FPS drops are also 100% Ryzen users, which is exactly why I switched back to Intel for the time being. (I did not read every fps topic, only the first 7, so don't bash me if there is an intel user hidden somewhere, ha!)

14 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Blizzard banning people. Oh boy, what a shock. This company has their moral compass so fucked up they couldn't find their own ass even if they tried.

Corporation and “moral compass”?  There’s actually a direct legal exclusion on moral compasses for publicly traded corporations.  There’s a legal requirement for them to be as evil as the worst single shareholder they have.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Automated tournaments weren't in from day 1 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Can anyone here elaborate on what exactly is missing that was advertised?

I literally tried finding out, since everyone and their dog claims that about everything is missing. But no one seems to name even a single thing.

The changed campaign was scrapped (a year ago) after fans demanded a "true to the original" remaster over a changed game with the old name. 

Which,... is kind of expected, no? If you remaster a game, people expect better graphics, sounds and maybe convenience, but the same game nonetheless.

But now people are claiming they promised the thing they removed to due fan feedback and did not deliver? Strange logic. It was known for about a year or so. They basically got an outrage (kind of like now) for even suggesting they would change something lol. Now they get the same outrage again, for listening? Damn. ?

The MP issues were down to servers smoking due to everyone bashing them at once. Something that happens with about every new game and is already resolved.

There may be more, but I don't play MP myself and I can't find a single bashing person naming the actual problems.

What else is there that was "promised" and did not get delivered?

Edit for a comparison:

Old cut scene vs new cut scene

If they had used even shinier graphics, people would have bitched about it not being true to the original (we have had that for several remasters in the past years). On that front, they can't win. If they do more, people cry. If they do less, people cry. If they do what they do, people cry. 

Watch those two cut scenes and tell me what is wrong with the new version please. It is improved by a lot AND even twice as long.

Also, they not only remastered english voiceovers, but more languages. That is a hell of a lot of work done right there.

Please don't think I am badly trying to defend Blizzard here. I am really not sure what the problem seems to be. I want to understand.  All the people saying "it's bad!" are not helping that much. ?

2 hours ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

idk i think theres much better mmos than wow now especially after BFA LUL

I play WOW every few years with my wife. Not for long, usually pushing an expansion, enjoying the story and then quickly getting tired of the raiding game nowadays.

But whenever we try a different MMO, we quit within 2 days tops. So again: It may not be a great experience in WOW, but it still is "the best". 

I understand that is sad, but true (for us) anyways. I would enjoy the old quality Blizzard used to deliver, no question asked.

Hmm really more bugs and quirks than expected huh. Though does suck they limited/removed some features really. I'm more of a SC fan but maybe they could've just remastered it like that game, rather than semi-remake some non-game parts. I mean it's cool to see new detailed and more realistic units, though they do stick out at times in more cartoony background. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

I would say Ubisoft and even EA put out more polished products than Blizzard at this point.

Blizzard rushed the announcement of Shadowlands before 8.3 really hit any stride on the PTR. 8.3 gets delayed over the holiday season to give it more time on the PTR. Before 8.3 releases the lead developer states there will be no 8.3.5. 8.3 launches and the new gear attribute is seemingly released in an untested state. (since hotfixed for the most part). The solo content is bland consisting of new hubs in existing locations rather than an entire new location like most previous content patches since pandaria. Still having a death grasp on character bound essences in order to extend play time. Mac OS players have an unplayable version of 8.3 with little to no communication from blizzard.

Not a lot of content for an assumed 1 year drought before the next expansion launches. Shadowlands was announced at such an early state that there were hardly any systems announcements at blizzcon. So it'll probably get rushed once the game starts hemorrhaging subscribers here in a few months.

As someone thats sank multiple years of playtime into WoW, the game is not worth 15 dollars a month at its current state. From them pruning and slowing down classes since WoD to make the game more watchable in an esport or stream viewer scenario, the constant ebb and flow of polished and rushed content, gating flying behind a multi patch grind to keep people subbed... I just don't see myself buying Shadowlands even if my friends to. I've been playing Destiny 2 lately and while being buggy, they also don't have patches cooking on beta servers for 3 months. Plus its easier on the wallet (15 dollars every 3 months vs every month)

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra