Windows 10 Licenses Free For Student Project

ehawkins2232

At my high school, I am conducting a project where I take old business computers, refurbish them, and then donate them to children in need in my area. Basically, my school is set up as a charity allowing the businesses to receive tax deductions on the donated computers, and then the children get the computers for free, so its a win win. 

I have been able to successfully source enough computers and parts to have enough functioning computers. However, most of these computers are running dated operating systems and I want to upgrade the computers all to windows 10. Since I don't want to give away computers with the watermark and the other minor issues that come with un-activated windows, I need a way to obtain Windows keys for free. I know Linux is an option for free operating systems, but for this case let's says Linux is out of the picture and I only use Windows 10.

Where would be the best places to source these free windows keys?

2016 Build

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2 GHz

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2133 CL14 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI ATX LGA1151 
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GAMING 

Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB, Crucial MX500 500GB

PSU: EVGA G1 650 W 80+ Gold (It's Not Great)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full-ATX

This is definitely in the grey area, but take a look at the computer cases and see if you can pull a Windows 7 or 8 key off the sticker. Windows 10 will activate with those, but that is the closest you will get to a free Windows key(and it may not even work).

There's no real fully legitimate way to obtain a free Windows key.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

19 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

This is definitely in the grey area, but take a look at the computer cases and see if you can pull a Windows 7 or 8 key off the sticker. Windows 10 will activate with those, but that is the closest you will get to a free Windows key(and it may not even work).

There's no real fully legitimate way to obtain a free Windows key.

I have tried this method in the past, and while I have had some success, I was looking for a more permanent solution. As you said, I guess that does not exist.

2016 Build

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2 GHz

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2133 CL14 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI ATX LGA1151 
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GAMING 

Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB, Crucial MX500 500GB

PSU: EVGA G1 650 W 80+ Gold (It's Not Great)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full-ATX

Unless you make a deal directly with microsoft, no there is no way to legally get them for free.

Just don't activate them, there are no issues.

It's just that there are no personalization settings.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

There are couple of issues here. Both juridically and principally. You are working for public, government funded, entity, doing charity work which would be using commercial products. If Microsoft or some vendor would be donating licenses to be used, everything is good. If you can re-use old keys, all would be good. But if you are using some file (piracy), service (most likely piracy) or just leaving them unactivated, you are (or can be held) responsible. If you leave them unactivated, you would need to mandate end-user to activate them. Aka buy license themselves.

So you are pretty much acting like boutique builder. They are Microsofts partner and get cheaper OEM keys to be used in their builds. I'm fairly certain that your school or whoever oversees this will make sure you are using properly attained licenses for everything you giveaway. This is why using Linux would be so much easier.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv