So frustrated right now

Jack Richard
Go to solution Solved by Jack Richard,

Hi everyone,

My power supply was not functioning correctly. Everything is fixed now, thank you for your help!

Hi everyone,

I have the following stuff:

- AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

- ASRock B450M Pro4 Motherboard

- 2x8GB 2400MHz Corsair Vengeance Memory

- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX560 GPU

- 350W Thermaltake Litepower

I'm not getting any display from the computer, and I've tried the following:

- New memory, which is currently being used

- Removing the CMOS battery

- Tried getting a system speaker boot code (no beeps given)

The fans are spinning on the computer when it is powered up.

What CAN I do?

Thanks,

Jack Richard

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

Im not sure that PSU is able to boot that computer.... 350W is Bare minimum IF they were honest with it.

Would the fans be spinning if it wasn't enough power to boot? I just want to make sure before I buy a new one. 

Also, what do you think would be acceptable for power supply wattage for that system?

Thanks so much,

Jack Richard

Just now, Jack Richard said:

Would the fans be spinning if it wasn't enough power to boot? I just want to make sure before I buy a new one. 

Also, what do you think would be acceptable for power supply wattage for that system?

Thanks so much,

Jack Richard

I mean for me i would probably use a 550W, they usually are the same price as 350-450 Watt ones, But with Tarrifs and such it could have killed the price structure. 

Generally id make sure ALL connections are fully in, Check all Power plugs and such. Make sure if you see a power connector it has the proper plug

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

I mean for me i would probably use a 550W, they usually are the same price as 350-450 Watt ones, But with Tarrifs and such it could have killed the price structure. 

Generally id make sure ALL connections are fully in, Check all Power plugs and such. Make sure if you see a power connector it has the proper plug

Okay, thank you for your advice. I think I'm going to get a new power supply and try again.

6 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Im not sure that PSU is able to boot that computer.... 350W is Bare minimum IF they were honest with it.

350 watts is more than enough

Ryzen 3 2200G; about 80 watts at the very most

RX 560; about 100 watts

not seeing where the other 200 watts comes from

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

RX 560; about 100 watts

Do you know what could be the cause of the issue?

Try another HDMI port. Maybe its initializing the wrong GPU.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Do you know what could be the cause of the issue?

from what you described, it can't be certain. The parts are definitely all compatible, so I'd guess as to something that arrived broken like the motherboard or CPU or something.

Since your CPU has integrated graphics, have you tested without the graphics card installed to see if you get video?

also, just because your PSU has enough wattage doesn't mean it's very good, you may still want to consider replacing it (even though it's not a guaranteed source of the problem)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

RX 560; about 100 watts

PCPP puts it at 231w for everything he's listed plus HDD. It's a non 80% unit so it's possible it's only kicking 67% of that 350w. What's the math there?

2 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

PCPP puts it at 231w for everything he's listed plus HDD. It's a non 80% unit so it's possible it's only kicking 67% of that 350w. What's the math there?

80+ certification doesn't mean how much it can deliver, it means how much will be wasted in delivery.

parts asking for 350 watts will (hypothetically) get that 350 watts, plus a bunch more will be drawn from the wall to make that happen.

350/.8 ~~ 430 watts, rough estimate for how much power pulled from the wall it would take

Primary PC:

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

from what you described, it can't be certain. The parts are definitely all compatible, so I'd guess as to something that arrived broken like the motherboard or CPU or something.

Since your CPU has integrated graphics, have you tested without the graphics card installed to see if you get video?

also, just because your PSU has enough wattage doesn't mean it's very good, you may still want to consider replacing it (even though it's not a guaranteed source of the problem)

I have tried integrated graphics with nothing happening. 

Maybe the motherboard could be dead?

1 minute ago, Jack Richard said:

I have tried integrated graphics with nothing happening. 

Maybe the motherboard could be dead?

it is possible that the motherboard is dead. If you have no way to test it, I would suggest an RMA to get it repaired or replaced.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it is possible that the motherboard is dead

I will try to contact Newegg to see if they would take it back.

I will try to contact Newegg to see if they would take it back.

I believe they have a return period of 1 week so yeah sounds like a plan

Primary PC:

Alright, clam down..

Go into the BIOS of the MB, and enable onboard graphics( It could be set to auto or External)

Once you have done that, unplug all USB devices, other than the KB and mouse.

Plug the Monitor into the Onboard Video ( Could be HDMI/VGA/DP) and then try to boot the PC.

This is all assuming you can POST..?

51 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

Alright, clam down..

Go into the BIOS of the MB, and enable onboard graphics( It could be set to auto or External)

Once you have done that, unplug all USB devices, other than the KB and mouse.

Plug the Monitor into the Onboard Video ( Could be HDMI/VGA/DP) and then try to boot the PC.

This is all assuming you can POST..?

There is no POST on the computer.

50 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

As a matter of fact, when did this start happening?

These are brand new parts that I bought in hopes of building a new computer.

Try
- Use only 1 stick of RAM.

- Remove RX560.

- Reseat CPU and RAM. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

• 3 weeks later...