Phanteks P400A RGB question

zeoos

Hey,

I am new to RGB and all this stuff is really confusing. My motherboard is an MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX 

I am planning to buy a Phanteks P400A, the exact model no is PH-EC400ATG_DWT01. The case has 3 included RGB 120mm fans and an rgb controller.

I want to add 3 more fans in the back/top and I am looking for ways to which I can connect them all together. I cannot find any info about the rgb controller from the P400A and if it allows more fans to be connected to it.

Does anyone with the P400A can tell me more about the fans, their connectors, if they are addresable and if the rgb controller has any more room for additional fans?

I was planning to buy 3x Corsair MF121L RGB and some RGB controller (i have no idea what) to control all 6 fans.

An alternative was to buy a Lian Li Bora Digital kit that comes with a RGB controller for 6 fans but this one I see has 4pin connectors and I don't know if the case fans are compatible.

Any recommendations ? I don't care about syncing to MSI mystic stuff, I just want all 6 fans to be conected toghether so they all have the same color at all times.

Thanks in advance, this RGB stuff is really something...

Corsair uses proprietary rgb connectors and you are therefore (as far as I know) not able to connect them to different rgb hubs and I don't think corsair has a hub for their fans and different standart rgb connected fans. I think you are best of with the lian li kit or all corsair fans.

Damn this RGB nonsense :) 

They all have proprietary connectors.

I think I will go ahead and buy some Phanteks Halo and use them with my fans as I already have some white ones on my current case.

13 minutes ago, zeoos said:

And if I was to buy the Lian Li kit, do you think I could connect the case fans to it?

I'm pretty sure it's only corsair using proprietary connectors, so you should be fine with the lian li  kit, altho the phantek fans might not be addressable, can't find confirming information on that

• 3 weeks later...

Any advice? Please, i need to buy my parts this week.

I am now set on the following:

P400A

Phanteks NEON combo kit and M5 (so 3 strips)

A motherboard with 5V ARGB header

3x Fans with their own controller and either a  Lian Li BORA Digital RGB or a Thermaltake Pure 12 TT Premium

My question is. How do I connect them all, do I need to buy my new motherboard with 1 or 2 5V ARGB headers?

Using one right now.  There's not really a hub you can access easily, it's integrated into the front panel button thing at the top front of the case.  The cables are also massively confusing, cos they chain to each other from fan to fan, but not like a splitter where 3 fans connect to individual cables.  This goes from fan to fan and it doesn't make sense at all.

So what I did is move the 3 included fans to the back and top (it doesn't come with an exhaust fan), then put my CM ML360R with 3x SF120R at the front for intake.  The 3 Phanteks fans are connected to the mobo individually, but my AIO is connected together via a splitter.  I've got a splitter for the Phanteks fans to reduce the mess but haven't got time to do it yet.

So the RGB controller in the case that is connected to the RGB button is unused.  I just control it with the motherboard software.  In fact, I just set it to turn off at boot.  Case is under my table and the window is facing the wall, wouldn't be able to see the RGB anyway.

PS:  My mobo has a lot of ARGB headers, and fan headers.  All of the Phanteks fans work with Cooler Master fans and splitters, as they all use the standard headers, except Corsair IIRC.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

• 2 weeks later...

I went on and got myself a LanCool II, 3x Corsair ML120 Pro RGB, 3x Phanteks Neon Led Strips and a Asus X570-P

The Phanteks Neon LED Strips are connected in the Corsair Lightning Node Pro for iCue sync.

I still can't control the case front RGB even though is connected through the included 5V ARGB connector to the MB.

IMG_20200301_001735.jpg

IMG_20200301_040938.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey! I just registered a new account only to get in touch with you haha.

I currently own the P400A case but thought of switching to a 680X from Corsair. It already comes with a Lightning Node Pro so I would definitely want to connect my phanteks neon strips to it. How did you do it? Looking forward to hear from you!

1 hour ago, NOV3LIST said:

I currently own the P400A case but thought of switching to a 680X from Corsair. It already comes with a Lightning Node Pro so I would definitely want to connect my phanteks neon strips to it. How did you do it? Looking forward to hear from you!

The node pro is not compatible with anything not made by corsair. :/ 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 4/30/2020 at 7:39 PM, TVwazhere said:

The node pro is not compatible with anything not made by corsair. :/ 

But OP said exactly this in the comment above.

I've read a few things on YouTube that you'll need a 1pin connector cable but the tutorial was extremely dark and I didn't really get it.

On 5/3/2020 at 3:43 AM, NOV3LIST said:

I've read a few things on YouTube that you'll need a 1pin connector cable but the tutorial was extremely dark and I didn't really get it.

There are likely ways to re-wire existing ecosystems to work with Corsair products, but they're DIY, At your own risk and unofficially supported.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=131660

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25