Whea uncorrectable error

LeeZer

I have recently upgraded my parts i bought them off a close friend and they are in working order but Im having a problem with bluescreening 

"Whea uncorrectable error"

I have a i7 4970k

Asus Maximus vii hero

32gb Corsair vengeance

Asus 1660ti 6gb OC dual

Everytime I try to boot up a game for example csgo a easy game to run we thought it could be a windows problem or hdd we installed Windows onto a new hdd and the problem is still occuring

I bought a air cooler that didn't work.. 

It's currently on a stock cooler and I have a AIO coming very soon but is there any suggestions for help as a i7 4970k should not be bluescreening csgo after 20seconds even with the stock cooler on (I know a stock cooler is shit)

All bios are at default and I have checked YouTube vids of heating problems with the 4790k and I checked the Intel extreme tuning and everything is what it should be.

1 hour ago, LeeZer said:

I have recently upgraded my parts i bought them off a close friend and they are in working order but Im having a problem with bluescreening 

"Whea uncorrectable error"

I have a i7 4970k

Asus Maximus vii hero

32gb Corsair vengeance

Asus 1660ti 6gb OC dual

Everytime I try to boot up a game for example csgo a easy game to run we thought it could be a windows problem or hdd we installed Windows onto a new hdd and the problem is still occuring

I bought a air cooler that didn't work.. 

It's currently on a stock cooler and I have a AIO coming very soon but is there any suggestions for help as a i7 4970k should not be bluescreening csgo after 20seconds even with the stock cooler on (I know a stock cooler is shit)

All bios are at default and I have checked YouTube vids of heating problems with the 4790k and I checked the Intel extreme tuning and everything is what it should be.

Did you check temps at all? It may be crashing cos of overheating. Did you put new thermal paste when installing this stock cooler?

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Yeah I have applied new thermal compound (thermal grizzly) and at idle it's 40-60°c 

6 hours ago, LeeZer said:

Yeah I have applied new thermal compound (thermal grizzly) and at idle it's 40-60°c 

What about under the load? Idle temps don’t give me much info tbh. And also tag or quote ppl if you want them to see your replies 

i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

@Whiro under load for ex when i launch csgo the load is probably around 40% for a second and the temps just shoot up past 80 within a splitsecond.

then it bluescreens everytime.

before i was using a i5 4690 with stock cooler with 1050ti then upgraded to 1660ti before i got the 4790k and it would run cod mw without heating issues

also yesterday i turned on the pc and before it even got to the windows login it bluescreened with the same 

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

4 minutes ago, LeeZer said:

@Whiro under load for ex when i launch csgo the load is probably around 40% for a second and the temps just shoot up past 80 within a splitsecond.

then it bluescreens everytime.

before i was using a i5 4690 with stock cooler with 1050ti then upgraded to 1660ti before i got the 4790k and it would run cod mw without heating issues

80c is not really that high, specially not high enough to pc shuts down. But the description you provided suggest that’s overheating, specially that is hitting 80c in just a seconds.

You can try under clocking the cpu but since you mentioned that aio is on the way I would just wait and test it with new cooler.

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

• 3 weeks later...

@whiro I've installed the cooler and the temps are great but it's still crashing with the same

WHEA uncorrectable error ,a new hard drive has been tried aswell and the same problems is happening.

3 minutes ago, LeeZer said:

@whiro I've installed the cooler and the temps are great but it's still crashing with the same

WHEA uncorrectable error ,a new hard drive has been tried aswell and the same problems is happening.

You need to test your ram then. Might have a bad stick or two. I beleive the tool is called Memtest86, you make a bootable USB for it and boot your machine with it. It should test your memory and see if it fails. If you do get a failure then your going to need to test each stick indvidually to see what stick(s) have issues. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

@Whiro I've already ran memory diagnostic test and came back all good previous owner had no issues.

2 minutes ago, LeeZer said:

@Whiro I've already ran memory diagnostic test and came back all good previous owner had no issues.

Then its a driver issue or Windows being WIndows. Hard to say. I had numerous issues with Windows 10 on my old i5 3570K machine, had to swtich over the Linux. Id first update your drivers. If that doesnt work, consider reinstalling Windows. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.