Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PFitz1982

ASUS x470 Prime Pro + R9 3950x

Posted · Original PosterOP

Is there any reason why I shouldn't install an 3950x on my ASUS x470 Prime Pro? I have no current interest in overclocking the cpu and I am currently using a NZXT 360mm AIO.

~ PFitz1982 ~

[Main PC] -- ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi -- AMD Ryzen 3950x -- NZXT Kraken x72 -- G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32gb (4x8gb) -- Asus Nvidia 1060 6gb -- Samsung EVO 970 500gb -- Corsiar RM1000i --

4 minutes ago, PFitz1982 said:

Is there any reason why I shouldn't install an 3950x on my ASUS x470 Prime Pro? I have no current interest in overclocking the cpu and I am currently using a NZXT 360mm AIO.

I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t do it. Just remember to checking your bios if it supports the cpu or you have to upgrade first

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz  |  CM Hyper 212 Black  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Just now, Whiro said:

I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t do it. Just remember to checking your bios if it supports the cpu or you have to upgrade first

And if it has VRM temp sensors, pay attention to them. The board should be able to handle it though as stated above. 

I am Lord Xeb from OCN. Fear me!

"Everyone is an expert in something. Never approach an interaction thinking someone is otherwise. Knowledge is acquired not earned. Always be humble and wise. Never look down on others for simply being ignorant within your realm of your expertise." ~ Unknown
"There he goes, one of god's own prototypes. Unfit for mass production, but too rare to die." ~ YellowJersey

20 minutes ago, PFitz1982 said:

Im not sure why you would want a 750$ CPU and not get the most out of it :o But so be it.

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 1/27/2020 at 9:08 PM, Shimejii said:

Im not sure why you would want a 750$ CPU and not get the most out of it :o But so be it.

Well, you made me think for over a week so i decided to upgrade my motherboard and gpu as well. I went with the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII WIFI and initially went with a EVGA FTW3 Ultra+ 2070 Super but it for some reason appeared to be getting caught on part of the motherboard and wouldn't seat properly. So I RMA'd the EVGA and I am expecting a ASUS ROG STRIX 2070 to be delivered today and will update when i have a chance.

~ PFitz1982 ~

[Main PC] -- ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi -- AMD Ryzen 3950x -- NZXT Kraken x72 -- G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32gb (4x8gb) -- Asus Nvidia 1060 6gb -- Samsung EVO 970 500gb -- Corsiar RM1000i --