Asus Gtx 1060 Dual OC or MSI 1050ti

PrettyMuch

I have an old pc with an i3-4160, which video card will be ok to have with it? 

Do you only have the choice between those two cards?

They're a bit outdated for the new market and there's better options to buy

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Do you only have the choice between those two cards?

They're a bit outdated for the new market and there's better options to buy

I m not buying them new, and these are the only options

1 minute ago, PrettyMuch said:

How much is each one, and what country are you from?

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

How much is each one, and what country are you ?

România, and they re around 90€, i can go for an RX if it s fitting better or another Gtx. 

3 minutes ago, PrettyMuch said:

România, and they re around 90€, i can go for an RX if it s fitting better or another Gtx. 

7 minutes ago, PrettyMuch said:

If I had to pick one of these two, the 1060 is the easy choice assuming you have the required PCIe power connector available and the power supply isn't total junk.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

2 minutes ago, PrettyMuch said:

Well the RX 570 and 580 perform similarly to each of these cards and they're usually cheaper. Are those viable in your market?

5 minutes ago, PrettyMuch said:

They cost the same, the 1060 is better performance wise, therefore the 1060 is what you'd want.

13 minutes ago, PrettyMuch said:

I have an old pc with an i3-4160, which video card will be ok to have with it? 

If you're worried about the CPU being to little to keep up, there's always the chance to upgrade to an i7 4770 or something similar. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

If I had to pick one of these two, the 1060 is the easy choice assuming you have the required PCIe power connector available and the power supply isn't total junk.

The PSU has 450watts. 

3 minutes ago, PrettyMuch said:

The PSU has 450watts. 

GTX 1060 all the way.

If the RX 580 or RX 480 can be had for at least like... 30% less money, then I'd instead go for one of these.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

1 minute ago, BarackOBatman said:

GTX 1060 all the way.

If the RX 580 or RX 480 can be had for at least like... 30% less money, then I'd instead go for one of these.

They re around the same price 

Just now, PrettyMuch said:

They re around the same price 

GTX 1060, my final answer lol.

GTX 1060, my final answer lol.

Thank you, so there shouldnt be problems with the i3 and 1060 right?

Just now, PrettyMuch said:

Thank you, so there shouldnt be problems with the i3 and 1060 right?

It totally depends on the game or application. Generally speaking your i3 CPU will be limiting you... to what degree? I can't say for sure but probably just a bit unless you want to play the newest AAA games.

If it were me, I'd get the 1060 for now and see how your performance is. It will certainly be better than whatever you've got right now. Then start saving for an i7-4770 like Fasauceome suggested.

It totally depends on the game or application. Generally speaking your i3 CPU will be limiting you... to what degree? I can't say for sure but probably just a bit unless you want to play the newest AAA games.

If it were me, I'd get the 1060 for now and see how your performance is. It will certainly be better than whatever you've got right now. Then start saving for an i7-4770 like Fasauceome suggested.

Thank you so much

If it does come time for a cpu, a psu would prolly be needed. 
Running a 4770k and 1060 myself and it’s pretty good for what it is, comes down to the games though. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz