Corsair Carbide SPEC-06

Just a quick and straight to the point question, does anyone know if it is possible to "mod" the SPEC-06 and use the top ventilation holes to mount a second 140mm fan in the top. This is pretty much the only thing keeping me from buying this case straight away since I can no longer find Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 where I live anymore.. so yeah, is it possible?

AMD Ryzen R5 3600 | Asrock B450M Steel Legend | ASUS Strix 1070 OC | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3000MHz | Corsair RM750X 750W | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | 2XSeagate Firecuda 2.5" 2TB SSHD | NZXT H400i | NZXT Kraken X62 v.2 AIO

-Moved to Case Modding and Other mods-

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 hours ago, cdavidsson said:

Just a quick and straight to the point question, does anyone know if it is possible to "mod" the SPEC-06 and use the top ventilation holes to mount a second 140mm fan in the top. This is pretty much the only thing keeping me from buying this case straight away since I can no longer find Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 where I live anymore.. so yeah, is it possible?

It's possible to probably just use large washer and go through the honeycomb mesh as Sushimus has mentioned. I won't line up perfectly but that would be the easiest option. Other than that there isn't a easy way to go about cutting slots and then a plate or slotted channel to house the fasteners. 

40145_corsair_spec06_review_top.jpg

Thank you for the response, I'm figuring that perhaps I could mount the additional fan in the front "rails" and then perhaps use zip ties on the other side.. I can't understand why Corsair didn't make slots for a 2nd 140 fan to begin with but oh well.. Thank you again..

AMD Ryzen R5 3600 | Asrock B450M Steel Legend | ASUS Strix 1070 OC | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3000MHz | Corsair RM750X 750W | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | 2XSeagate Firecuda 2.5" 2TB SSHD | NZXT H400i | NZXT Kraken X62 v.2 AIO

11 hours ago, cdavidsson said:

Thank you for the response, I'm figuring that perhaps I could mount the additional fan in the front "rails" and then perhaps use zip ties on the other side.. I can't understand why Corsair didn't make slots for a 2nd 140 fan to begin with but oh well.. Thank you again..

Only thing I can really think of is if you have very tall VRM heatsinks the fans or rad can interfere with it but long as you have enough space it'll be good. 

14 hours ago, cdavidsson said:

weird...CORSAIR...

i swear that case manufacturers make "problems" in there cases to only fix em later on and sell them as feature (oh look we fix a problem now give us more money!)

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links