Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
e22big

Looking for a new case with no glass component

32 minutes ago, e22big said:

Thanks mate, I'll keep those in mind the Phanteks one look sick but I don't think it is available to my location. What do you think of COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX E501L? Fit almost everything except USB-C and one of the cheapest I can get as well.

Should be good enough.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi Guy

 

I am looking for a new case to upgrade for a full ATX tower. Problem is, I am not a big fan of RGB and even less so for a see-through system. So I was looking for a case that does not come with a tempered glass panel or mesh or anything that might exponsed the internal of my system, preferably something with USB-C/Thunderbolt at front and a slot for Bluray reader. So far I have not found anything that suite my preference.

 

The closest I came across was the Lian Li V320 but it is way over my budget and don't have a slot for Bluray reader (also micro-ATX, there supposed to be V720 for a full ATX case but I never see that offer anywhere.)

 

Do you have anything that I could look into? Actually a case that have the option to replace the glass panel with a simple aluminum sheet would suffice but I don't see a lot of those so far.

 

*the reason I don't want mesh is because when I do some serious computing, the system would blow a hot air on my legs with a mesh configuration

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, e22big said:

the reason I don't want mesh is because when I do some serious computing, the system would blow a hot air on my legs with a mesh configuration

The front of the case with the mesh panel is where air is sucked in to the case. It won't be blowing hot air towards you unless you install the fans backwards.

If your PC gets hot enough under load that the air exhausting out of it feels hot then the last thing you would want to do is restrict air flow. The system would overheat.


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Spotty said:

The front of the case with the mesh panel is where air is sucked in to the case. It won't be blowing hot air towards you unless you install the fans backwards.

If your PC gets hot enough under load that the air exhausting out of it feels hot then the last thing you would want to do is restrict air flow. The system would overheat.

No I mean the side panel, my current case has a mesh side panel which look awsome but also constantly blew a hot air to my legs. Having a fully sealed side panel should have easily fixed that but they are all glass now a day and I am not exactly a fan of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, e22big said:

No I mean the side panel, my current case has a mesh side panel which look awsome but also constantly blew a hot air to my legs. Having a fully sealed side panel should have easily fixed that but they are all glass now a day and I am not exactly a fan of that.

Oh. That actually makes a lot more sense I thought you were referring to the front panel.

 

The fractal define R6 USB C comes to mind. It has a 5.25" bay, solid side panel and USB type C. If you don't need USB type C then there's probably a bunch more options.


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The fractal define R6 USB C comes to mind. It has a 5.25" bay, solid side panel and USB type C. If you don't need USB type C then there's probably a bunch more options.

I would also recommedn the Define R6. My Define R5 is still great.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
21 minutes ago, Juular said:

Almost no modern cases with metal side panel use mesh like on the older cases, my recommendation are FD Meshify C metal side panel version.

Edit: or Phanteks Enthoo Pro if you need 5.25" bays, or Thermaltake H15 if you have mATX motherboard and rather have smaller case too.

Thanks mate, I'll keep those in mind the Phanteks one look sick but I don't think it is available to my location. What do you think of COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX E501L? Fit almost everything except USB-C and one of the cheapest I can get as well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
28 minutes ago, 191x7 said:

I would also recommedn the Define R6. My Define R5 is still great.

Seem only R5 is available to my area, even so it's way too expensive for me (nearly 500 buck at full price)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Best Answer
32 minutes ago, e22big said:

Thanks mate, I'll keep those in mind the Phanteks one look sick but I don't think it is available to my location. What do you think of COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX E501L? Fit almost everything except USB-C and one of the cheapest I can get as well.

Should be good enough.


Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that i'm biased or anything but

 

image.png.5d34266f08b7a765d2a636bfa001131c.png

silent running, reasonable cooling, 5.25in bay. filtered front top and bottom


this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, yaboistar said:

Not that i'm biased or anything but

 

image.png.5d34266f08b7a765d2a636bfa001131c.png

silent running, reasonable cooling, 5.25in bay. filtered front top and bottom

that's some very sleek looking but like I said, it's sold at nearly 300 buck here, I'll rather spend that money on the actual component inside rather than the case itself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, e22big said:

that's some very sleek looking but like I said, it's sold at nearly 300 buck here, I'll rather spend that money on the actual component inside rather than the case itself. 

that's nuts, i got mine for under £100 here


this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, yaboistar said:

that's nuts, i got mine for under £100 here

yeah, most PC part in Asia is terribly overpriced

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×