corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

3 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

image.png.eea3194f49e03717f0b7947068e7124e.png

You know I always question how sanitary public bidets are. I see it everywhere when I went to japan. 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Just now, williamcll said:

You know I always question how sanitary public bidets are. I see it everywhere when I went to japan. 

i mean unless someone put their butt right on it they should be fine

33 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

image.png.eea3194f49e03717f0b7947068e7124e.png

What if the water supply is infected.  I wouldn't use a bidet.

Also....

Image result for gold plated toilet paper

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html

Water Transmission and COVID-19

Drinking Water, Recreational Water and Wastewater: What You Need to Know

Can the COVID-19 virus spread through drinking water?

The COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking water. Conventional water treatment methods that use filtration and disinfection, such as those in most municipal drinking water systems, should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.

Is the COVID-19 virus found in feces?

The virus that causes COVID-19 has been detected in the feces of some patients diagnosed with COVID-19. The amount of virus released from the body (shed) in stool, how long the virus is shed, and whether the virus in stool is infectious are not known.

The risk of transmission of COVID-19 from the feces of an infected person is also unknown. However, the risk is expected to be low based on data from previous outbreaks of related coronaviruses, such as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). There have been no reports of fecal-oral transmission of COVID-19 to date.

Can the COVID-19 virus spread through pools and hot tubs?

There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.

Can the COVID-19 virus spread through sewerage systems?

CDC is reviewing all data on COVID-19 transmission as information becomes available. At this time, the risk of transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19 through sewerage systems is thought to be low. Although transmission of COVID-19 through sewage may be possible, there is no evidence to date that this has occurred. This guidance will be updated as necessary as new evidence is assessed.

SARS, a similar coronavirus, has been detected in untreated sewage for up to 2 to 14 days. In the 2003 SARS outbreak, there was documented transmission associated with sewage aerosols. Data suggest that standard municipal wastewater system chlorination practices may be sufficient to inactivate coronaviruses, as long as utilities monitor free available chlorine during treatment to ensure it has not been depleted.

Wastewater and sewage workers should use standard practices, practice basic hygiene precautions, and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as prescribed for current work tasks.

Should wastewater workers take extra precautions to protect themselves from the COVID-19 virus?

Wastewater treatment plant operations should ensure workers follow routine practices to prevent exposure to wastewater. These include using engineering and administrative controls, safe work practices, and PPE normally required for work tasks when handling untreated wastewater. No additional COVID-19–specific protections are recommended for employees involved in wastewater management operations, including those at wastewater treatment facilities.

Edited by LogicalDrm

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

Well, everything is closed for the next two weeks in Quebec, schools, government offices...

People are rushing to stores to buy everything... They are wearing masks and gloves as if that will protect them for the dirty dirty stores where no one but travelers and their relatives have gotten sick so far... apparently toilet paper is going to run out soon enough, so I just grabbed the last 30 roll package at the store while I was there even though I still had like 17 rolls at home...

I'm hoping the food situation won't deteriorate too much and that we'll be able to go to stores just fine... But who knows with how quickly things are escalating.

This highlight the biggest issue with flights... People getting sick in one country and bringing that disease with them to another. The only safe places are probably villages far away from any airports, where nobody ever leave... or go to for that matter.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Oh shit. Going to be another rough one at work with parents panic buying.

Most of San Diego County’s 42 school districts will close starting Monday to prevent the spread of coronavirus, education officials announced Friday morning. The county’s largest school districts are among those closing, including San Diego Unified, Sweetwater Union High, Poway Unified and Chula Vista Elementary. See the full list of districts below.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/education/story/2020-03-13/san-diego-unified-will-close-all-schools-starting-monday-to-prevent-coronavirus-spread

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Zap that!

My federal state in Germany (Hessia) decided today to close all schools too (until after easter!), plus forbid bigger events. We have 133 confirmed infections among 6 Million people....

Even though I belong to the risk group it all seems a little drastic now. From what I understand the reasoning the government has behind all this is not to prevent the majority of people from being infected (since they said they assume that 60-70 percent will get it one way or another anyways) but to slow down the spread so the health system can actually deal with it and grant everyone the best possible treatment. 

I don't know. The girlfriend is a school teacher and all fluffed up, and I was looking forward to starting a new job in an international, US-based company from monday. I kinda just want to live a normal life and the new job going as well as possible (I am kind of a recluse anyways XD). Looks the trips to and from the states (my US-boss from headquarters visiting me, me visiting the US) that were planned for my start-of-job program are cancelled though.

Will see. As I said I belong to the risk group, but I am not really scared, just quite annoyed.

Today my favourite cans of tuna were out of stock cause people buy shit like crazy.... Narf.

Well, cases near me haven't inceased much. But near work they have... 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Just closed all the schools in my district for the next three weeks. We have 200 cases in the state at least, with about 20 of them in my city/neighborhood and one death.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Big ooft, unfortunately the first causality of COVID-19 has occurred in Scotland today.

The current figures for Scotland is this:

image.png.e5c599a7583cf34262106abdbfbf1eed.png

(Edinburgh is within Lothian) 

The total figure for the whole of UK is 798, as of 13.5 hours ago. On the 12th@9am, we had 596 cases. On the 11th@9am, we had 460. Considering the rate that it is climbing at, we'll hit 1000 cases either tomorrow or on Sunday. Also, a newborn baby in London was diagnosed with Coronavirus today, becoming the youngest patient of Corona in the world (because you can't really get younger than a few hours/days). 

Universities in the UK are cancelling everything left, right and centre, all starting yesterday or today. None of my end of year exams in May will be sat in an exam hall. Physical assessments are likely to be thrown out of the window as well. However, schools will be staying open, which given the arguments makes sense. 

Anyway, time to find out how this affects my travel to Japan in 2 weeks... 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

The lines in my store are longer than the aisles. All of us are ordered to stay overtime if need be  which that is an obvious yes. Saw a fight almost happen. On my break rn. Had to maneuver through mazes made of people. Multiple shelves empty. Wish I was exaggerating. But I was mentally prepared this time. Just going with it.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Just like to take an oppontunity to thank all of the retail workers out there. Was just as Walmart, they are stocking stuff as quickly as they can and really working their asses off. Me and my mom bought probably $500 worth of stuff, we are hoping it will last for the next couple of weeks so we can just chill out at home. 

Want to also state my employer is going to pay us up to 3 weeks of wages if we get infected or have to be quarantined. And other sickness they will not hold any call offs accountable. So at least they are protecting us. With the amount of Lysol they sent us in December, my boss litterally Lysol;s the entire warehouse down every day before he leaves. Good news is because I work in a warehouse with less than a dozen people and we really dont deal with the general public, we should be OK. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

So my country (Czechia) is pretty much closing borders, schools, all events with over 30 people, cinemas etc. when we have like not even 150 infected people in population of 10-11 million people... 

I really do not get this whole hystery. Yes it's new virus, yes it is very contagious but that's about it. 99% of population deals with it just like any other disease. Sure if we're talking about seniors in their 70-75+, then yes, it is a problem but I seriously hate how medias all over the world makes it look like this virus will be the new plague or something.

I am not afraid of the virus even though I am a smoker so I am more likely to catch it, yes, pretty much surely I will get it at one point or another, so what, my immune system will deal with it, just like with any other disease.

What I am concerned about is that if I do get it, I will have to stay like 3 weeks at home with cut pay or things like not being able to buy some stuff just because this virus is so hyped that everyone is going crazy like it's the end of the world and buying incredible amounts of stuff etc.

oregon schools are closed starting monday, though some districts closed today, all events with 250+ are banned

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Work closed from 16th until the 28th.

Covid u da mvp

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

4 minutes ago, TheBritishVillain said:

Does anyone know if aching body (all over) and/or dizziness is a symptom of the virus?

The main things they point to are fever and dry, persistent cough, so not really. But that does sound possibly flu like, I'd seriously consider self isolating and if you start to feel worse call 111.

The hospital began training doctors and nurses how to don and dof tyvek suits since we have a bunch left over from Ebola. Couldn't help but get a picture of my 10mil subscriber shirt from Lttstore.com20200314_120417.thumb.jpg.265a28f319c7335ab23d23424cf3bfc3.jpg

Several grocery chains across the United States are changing store hours during the coronavirus outbreak. They say the reduced hours will give them more time to clean stores, restock and keep workers healthy.

Texas chain H-E-B announced Saturday it would modify its store hours to 8 am CT to 8 pm CT to allow its employees "

to work diligently overnight to fully prepare the store for customers during the day." Starting Saturday, stores would close at 8 pm CT. H-E-B also said it would reduce services in its delis, bakeries and floral departments.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/14/business/publix-giant-harris-teeter-hours-closing-early/index.html

It's happening here too. Thank goodness.

1 hour ago, TheBritishVillain said:

That's not even the worst of it; My breathing is terrible. It feels like my lungs have shrunk in the last week. - I also have serve Asthma so that doesn't help.

I already have called 111. They said I need to self isolate for 7 days and if things don't improve after that, call back. I started noticing symptoms on Tuesday so have to wait another 2 days.

I'm pretty sure I have something, but I don't have a cough or runny nose which are supposed to be the main things.

It can be one of the symptoms.

1. What are the symptoms of COVID-19 infection

The virus can cause mild, flu-like symptoms such as:

• fever
  • cough
  • difficulty breathing
  • muscle pain
  • tiredness

More serious cases develop severe pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis and septic shock that can lead to death. 

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china/questions-answers

If you start having difficulty breathing you need to call them asap. It CAN means it's turning into pneumonia.

Runny nose is not one of the symptoms.

It doesn't mean that you need to experience all of them, but some of them. Each one will respond differently to the infection.

A comparison of the symptoms for the flu, a cold and coronavirus:
https://web.static-rmg.be/if/c_fit,w_1000,h_1000/55fb6ca70d15f468259b026c475e8017.jpg

And also:

If your nose is running, you probably don't have COVID-19

COVID-19 can be most easily distinguished from colds, allergies, and the flu based on a trifecta of symptoms: fever, dry cough, and shortness of breath. That last symptom is not associated with colds or the flu, though it is common for allergies.

If you're sneezing and have a runny nose, it's unlikely that you have COVID-19. The flu is also more likely than COVID-19 to come with aches and pains.

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/coronavirus-symptoms-compared-to-flu-common-cold-and-allergies-2020-3

On 3/13/2020 at 2:04 PM, TetraSky said:

People getting sick in one country and bringing that disease with them to another.

Thank the morons over at the federal government for this, Legault would have restricted the border ages ago. They're not even screening people from hot zones. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Its a bit overblown in my opinion to the level of crazy its making everyone. I just wish my parents didnt use hypothetical situations like "If your grandma got sick she would have to live with us" and "Oh so you take it seriously when I say that not so overblown then huh". No you idiots its because you would intentionally bring someone infected into our house that would get us sick instead of isolating them for 2 weeks and then everyone we interact with would potentially contract it. Its overblown but the actions of stupid people are going to make it into a huge deal. -_- Love my grandma but if she confirmed case and contagious no shes going to the hospital not our living room. Cant stand straw man arguments my parents make here.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

54 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Its a bit overblown in my opinion to the level of crazy its making everyone. I just wish my parents didnt use hypothetical situations like "If your grandma got sick she would have to live with us" and "Oh so you take it seriously when I say that not so overblown then huh". No you idiots its because you would intentionally bring someone infected into our house that would get us sick instead of isolating them for 2 weeks and then everyone we interact with would potentially contract it. Its overblown but the actions of stupid people are going to make it into a huge deal. -_- Love my grandma but if she confirmed case and contagious no shes going to the hospital not our living room. Cant stand straw man arguments my parents make here.

I recognise myself in this type of response; only just 3 weeks ago. "Overblown and to much crazyness".

Breaks my heart now, your up for some nasty surprises the next few weeks/months.

Feel free to categorize me as one of the group "stupid and making it a huge deal", wont blame anybody for that and completely understand. Actually, I would love for you to keep thinking that, hopefully you wont have to find out what really goes on once it spreads.

Greetings from a european hostspot, take care of each other and best of luck. 

4 hours ago, TheBritishVillain said:

Does anyone know if aching body (all over) and/or dizziness is a symptom of the virus?

No, the symptoms are "flu like"