Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Letgomyleghoe

corona virus

SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Message added by SansVarnic

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

31 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Noticed that at the gas station today. $1.99 regular, but with my TMobile Tuesdays Discount I got it for $1.77. 

1.77 in total?!

Just now, Syaoran said:

1.77 in total?!

No per gallon. Considering we were paying $2.50 a gallon not long ago. When I started driving back in 2004 gas was $2.20 a gallon. So $1.77 is fucking cheap. Considering that 30 or so cents of that is fucking tax. 

1 hour ago, FakeCIA said:

Local stores are all closing up. There are notices in nearly every restaurant.

Where you at?

Interesting and scary interview from Joe Rogan. So great, doesn't look like the change of season is going to save our asses.

Just wait until we can finally get some more testing done..

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080S VENTUS 8G Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: 80+ Gold Certified 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 Monitor: Dell S2716DGR Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Phone: iPhone 11 64GB Black

8 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

Central Arizona, United States.

You got any local cases? I live in San Antonio, Texas and shit hasn't shut down except for when North Star Mall had to be closed for a day after the dumbfucks here at Lackland AFB let someone sick go and she went shopping and ate at the mall.

USA over 1000 now. Will be 100k by the end of the month, if not more.

My System: i7-8700k 5.0ghz All-core delidded @1.365v // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 // 32GB (4x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3466 OC // XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT RAW II // NZXT S340 White // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // Intel 660P 1TB NVME M.2 SSD/1TB Samsung 860 EVO/1TB 2.5" HGST HDD // Displays: ASUS VG248QE/Acer K242HYL/Acer K242HYL // Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard - Logitech G502 // Corsair H70 Gaming Headset

Wife's System: i7-8700 // Arctic Freezer 33 // Gigabyte Z390M Gaming // 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 // Sapphire Vega 64 // Thermaltake Versa H17 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // 1TB Samsung 860 EVO/500GB Silicon Power A55/4TB Western Digital HDD // Displays: ASUS VG245H/ASUS VP248Q // Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G602 // LG BDRW // NexStar 5.25" USB 3 Enclosure

TV Gamer: Ryzen 5 1600 3.9ghz All-core @1.39v // Wraith PRISM // Gigabyte B450 Aorus M // 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 // XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB XXX Edition // Thermaltake Versa H17 // Corsair Vengeance Silver 650W // 120GB Sandisk SSD/120GB PNY CS900/4TB Western Digital Blue // Display: 50" Westinghouse 1080p // Rii Wireless Mini Keyboard w/Touchpad/Xbox One Controllers

Son's System: i5-9400 // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 // 16GB GeIL Potenza DDR 3200 // ASUS RX 570 4GB OC // NZXT S340 Black // Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze // 525GB Crucial MX300/500GB Wester Digital Blue // Display: Dell P2417H - Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G203

Daughter's System: i3-8350k // Cooler Master i71c // MSI H310M Pro VDH-Plus // 16GB T-Force Vulkan 2666 (2400) // Zotac GTX 1060 3GB Mini // DarkFlash Micro ATX White // Corsair CX550 // 480GB PNY CS1311 SSD // Display: Scepter 20" 1080p - Logitech Keyboard and Mouse

Just now, Mister Woof said:

USA over 1000 now. Will be 100k by the end of the month, if not more.

Hope you all bought your toilet paper already...

11 hours ago, Lord Xeb said:

A medical group near me just had someone test positive for the virus... It is REALLY close to me. Kinda worried. School near me closed because said parent tested positive. @_@

I'm sorry for this off topic post.....but

Your Parrot is falling!!!! 

omg freaked me out man. 

Back to corona 19 virus spreads to Illinois 11 people the spreading has begun. No one knows nothing, no idea where it's coming or going..... Containment? I saw the kid in the Deli coughing into his arm over meat. Yea.... I kept on walking.

Should we get scared now at 11 infected confirmed or wait till thousands? 

(my family is very near where these people are located) Specifically NW community hospital. 

At what point to worry? Well now man now. Not later. Now.

Quarantine entire countries right now. Yep, it's here. It's spreading. I might get it. My friends and family might get it.

My age in the 40s, .4-1% chance of death. 

OK I won't die...... but am I going to feel like I wanna die?? I've been there before. contamination of raw and cooked meats. Oh I could have died. 12 hours both ends..... 3 iv bags later and some hours in the hospital with doubled up shots of nausea meds..... 1850's I'd been dead already.

I actually don't feel like I should worry that much. Is that wrong of me?

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You got any local cases? I live in San Antonio, Texas and shit hasn't shut down except for when North Star Mall had to be closed for a day after the dumbfucks here at Lackland AFB let someone sick go and she went shopping and ate at the mall.

There is 1 confirmed on the ASU campus. There are 3 confirmed in Cave Creek. There is 2 possible in Scottsdale.

Posted (edited)

We can manage to engineer AI to abate the Coronavirus, the way we have done to the world of Antibiotics, and medicine. Overall, the cases seem to be on a decline, but a future threat still looms over our heads. 
~Engineer.AI

Edited by LogicalDrm

Engineer.AI

Where's @Canoe ?   It has been quite a few pages since his last post.  

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Where's @Canoe ?   It has been quite a few pages since his last post.  

They are on hiatus.

Edited by FakeCIA
Hiatus from the Murica (But International) Parrot Gang

On 3/3/2020 at 9:07 PM, Cora_Lie said:

The craziness as reached my country...

Even crazier here in Germany

My state Government has forbidden all events with more than 1000 people until mid April. Also all universities are closed until further notice (semester breaks now but some like me have still exams and courses)

53 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Even crazier here in Germany

My state Government has forbidden all events with more than 1000 people until mid April. Also all universities are closed until further notice (semester breaks now but some like me have still exams and courses)

Germany, France and Spain are 10 days behind Italy. So in two weeks time, it's likely there'll be partial/full lockdown as well.

2 hours ago, Deli said:

Germany, France and Spain are 10 days behind Italy. So in two weeks time, it's likely there'll be partial/full lockdown as well.

The UK is 12 days behind italy, there in talks of a full lockdown atm i think this week is he most important week for us as weave changed from contain to delay, symptoms take 5 days to show so most than likely infection rates should surge by end of week.

EDIT: The minister of public health has contracted corona virus.

#Murica(butinternational)parrotgang

Finally happen. 2 cases confirmed in Michigan. I’m preparing for the worst Saturday when I do grocery shopping. Zero shit on the shelf’s at Walmart. Might need to think about investing in a bidet, in case if the dreaded toilet paper shortage. 

1 in missouri confirmed of course due to the stupidity of our system that doesn't mean much.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

24 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Might need to think about investing in a bidet, in case if the dreaded toilet paper shortage. 

Just use your hand.

"A promise is a promise"