corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

1. 7 hours ago, EL02 said:
    1. First two cases in Albania. No school for 2 weeks. Dont know whether to feel lucky or not because i had 4 exams this week...

Sorry for replying to you, Idk how to remove the cit from mobile 

However I don't what to say.. 

https://imgur.com/GM8WMnL

36 minutes ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

Imagine working with elderly or vulnerable people that will likely die if infected, and going on vacation then straight as you return instead of taking 2 weeks extra off to be sure you go straight back to work with vulnerable people and elderly, i think that is protocol over here in the Netherlands, i know cos that is protocol over here.

don't have to imagine it when its playing out here.

Still can't get tests done on working staff, the people most likely to spread the virus. Washington needs to get their collective shit together and do what New York is doing.

Ironically, right after I typed that the Jay Inslee tweeted this:

So don't expect testing to get better anytime soon.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Went to the mall and forgot how many times I used my Pocket sized hand sanitizer. Ugh the paranoia is real. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I bought some Palmolive Anti-Bacterial Dish Washing Soap that leaves dishes bacterial free up to 24 hours after washing. 

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

2 hours ago, TheBritishVillain said:

Does anyone know what the cause of Coronavirus was yet?

Is it bat soup?

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/rearvision/china,-wet-markets-and-the-wild-animal-trade/12028484

A pod cast that discusses it and wet markets.    The virus shares a lot in common with certain bat strains but I don't think there is any definitive source yet.

Just be careful listening to the lobbyists, the professors say one thing and the wildlife lobbyists say something different.   I find it rather disgusting that a perfectly reasonable explanation is given for the markets practice and existence but that it is being ignored and a completely different reason is given because it suits their narrative and ideals better.  Especially listen to the juxtaposition between the professors and researches saying how the markets are heavily regulated but like anything there are pockets where banned practices occur, to the lobbyists talking about "grey areas" and "lawless traders" of tiger part trade.  

The take away is that corona virus is not out of the ordinary, it just another disease like flu, HIV, Plague, ebola, etc that have come from animals.  the fact it is in china and from a wet market is about as relevant as saying a car accident involved cars.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

43 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Went to the mall and forgot how many times I used my Pocket sized hand sanitizer. Ugh the paranoia is real. 

I just wear nitrile gloves out in public anymore. I get weird looks, mostly by people that are coughing... but it keeps me sane. Plus they aren't sold out everywhere and it makes me use sanitizer less.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

4 minutes ago, vetali said:

I just wear nitrile gloves out in public anymore. I get weird looks, mostly by people that are coughing... but it keeps me sane. Plus they aren't sold out everywhere and it makes me use sanitizer less.

I just found out today that I got the "upper respiratory infection" not Corona Virus.  I have to be home for rest of the week.  Because my immune system is shot.  And I got over this like 2 weeks ago and somehow I got it again.  My doctor knew I didn't have the Corona Virus and I'm glad I don't have it. ?

Also I bought some Elderberry/Sambucus chewable pills to help me boost my immune system too.   

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Isn't that pointless if you don't touch anything?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

18 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Especially listen to the juxtaposition between the professors and researches saying how the markets are heavily regulated but like anything there are pockets where banned practices occur, to the lobbyists talking about "grey areas" and "lawless traders" of tiger part trade.

There's a video on Youtube by 60 Minutes of two journalists going undercover to a wet market. It's hard to watch so I'd rather not post it here. Some of the markets they went to were supposed to be closed down but are still operating like nothing has happened.

10 minutes ago, vetali said:

I've seen a couple customers wearing those too. I'm betting those are the next things to fly off the shelves since it went from sanitizer, to lysol and chlorox wipes, and then hand soap being sold out. At least here.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

6 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Isn't that pointless if you don't touch anything?

Most of the shops I went to didn't have automatic doors. Also I had to touch their payment pin pad. Keep forgetting I have Apple Pay so I don't have to.

3 hours ago, TheBritishVillain said:

Is it bat soup?

They think it's bats infecting pangolins who passed it onto humans, all at a specific wet market in Wuhan. China shut these wet markets down after SARS but then let them come right back and now we have a fucking pandemic on our hands that we'll be very fortunate if its death toll this year is on the order of tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands.

https://www.saccounty.net/news/latest-news/Pages/County-Announces-New-Mitigation-Efforts-COVID-19.aspx

Cliffs:

SARS2: I need your clothes, your boots, and the keys to your motorcycle.

Sacramento County: hold up, we surrender

This is deeply troubling.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

There's a video on Youtube by 60 Minutes of two journalists going undercover to a wet market. It's hard to watch so I'd rather not post it here. Some of the markets they went to were supposed to be closed down but are still operating like nothing has happened.

I would be careful giving 60 minutes any credibility to accurately represent scale.  Especially when you have researching professors looking into it all day everyday.  They did not say they don't exist, what they said was like every market there are people who break the rules and to be cautious not to attribute what is likely a minority practice to the entirety of the market.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This makes me wonder, will Olympic still going?

Anyway, I'm not sure you have notice, but at 2016, we also have epidemic disease called Zika virus, and it is also discovered when the Olympic is about to held. Maybe this is a coincidence, but I'm pretty sceptic.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Just now, Chiyawa said:

This makes me wonder, will Olympic still going?

Anyway, I'm not sure you have notice, but at 2016, we also have epidemic disease called Zika virus, and it is also discovered when the Olympic is about to held. Maybe this is a coincidence, but I'm pretty sceptic.

The thing is there are always zoonotic diseases popping up, some are huge and some are barely news worthy.   just like this strain of corona, there have been many that have come from mosquito's, monkey's, Snails/slugs/frogs, chicken and beef.   We have seen them in the UK, Africa, India, the middle east, pacific rim and tropics.  

We will naturally see a lot of Novel disease come out of china because that is were it is present in the animals,  Just like malaria is predominately African and only tropical.  Setting up a wet market identical to a Wuhan market in the middle of Australia is going to give you worms at best and salmonella poisoning at worst, but not likely a Novel virus.

@CalintzJerevinan I got click baited with this one

Feels like I watched a movie scene.

My friend sent me a video of our store. We have no toilet paper at all. Not even the expensive rolls left. Wtf. Meanwhile all of Italy is  on lockdown.

Had a couple family members who were supposed to vacation there.

Edited by PhantomJaguar77

I TLDR'd most of the comments in this thread because they seem to be pretty much the same...Don't blame us, it's them... It's gonna be huge, but maybe bigger than they said... my dick is bigger than yours, no it's not....UGH.

First of all, I want to say that anybody that thinks that rushing to the grocery store to buy toilet paper and water is a doofus. Its a respiratory virus, not a G.I. virus. If you don't eat, you won't need the toilet paper. And buying it by the pallet load just makes you an a-hole because everyone knows you are profit-mongering waiting for the shelves to be empty so you can hock it on Ebay or Gumtree (depending on your country) for $20 a roll. I get the water thing if your tap water is crap to begin with and you have to drink bottled water. You might get some sort of sick and need to hydrate. But most of the water scroungers are just being stupid. I get buying some cold symptom remedies but by the dozens? Get real. Again... your profit-mongering. Problem is, these idiots will scramble to get bog roll and not food. THEN, they will venture out when they probably shouldn't.. like after lots are sick, and go to buy food and pick up the illness they were trying to avoid and not have enough food in the house to survive, let alone shit. I have food. I always have food for a couple months if needed. I also have laundry soap and socks, which I will probably need because some dipshit created scarcity in the TP market and when I run out of my month and a half supply of toilet paper, my socks are in jeopardy. But I will stay quietly in my home watching the panic ensue over an "eminent pandemic" that is NOT gonna kill most of the worlds population. Oh yeah... and WASH YOUR DAMNED HANDS! Even the non-antibacterial soap and water is better than hand sanitizer. If you need hand sanitizer at the level a couple posters listed, you are totally clueless as to the functionality and benefits of the product. It is NOT better than hand washing and it is NOT a replacement for the same. Stay away from people as much as possible and you will be way better off. Not because they are sick but because you are just not right and nobody needs your paranoia around. Your fears and lack of preparedness are what makes situations like this unbearable.

Oh... on another note, I did get to witness a funny one at Walmart... there was a lady there with her presumably 7 year old daughter that was dressed in white high heeled dress shoes and PAJAMAS of all things push 2 overloaded carts up to the register while I was standing at the CS counter. She made some comment that she had forgotten her wallet with her food stamps card and she had to wait for her boyfriend to bring it. She told the clerk that she was buying a months supply of food for her household. In the cart was probably 8 cases of Coke, easily 2 dozen pudding cups, 3 large tubs of cheese balls, who knows how many frozen pies, 7 or 8 cases of hot pockets, top ramen by the skid load, and other miscellaneous diabetic inducing junk food items. And we think coronavirus is gonna kill people. F' me dead!

I fear for our society. As you were...

9 hours ago, TheBritishVillain said:

Is it bat soup?

There are 3 types of corona viruses and they all originate from bats. All countries in the world should enforce strong laws on not eating bats and hand out death sentences to anyone touching bats. It's getting ridiculous that trillions have been wiped off the world economy because some guy had to eat a bat.

9 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

There are 3 types of corona viruses and they all originate from bats. All countries in the world should enforce strong laws on not eating bats and hand out death sentences to anyone touching bats. It's getting ridiculous that trillions have been wiped off the world economy because some guy had to eat a bat.

Image result for ozzy osbourne eat bat

Blame Ozzy 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

45 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Pointing finger afterward is always easy. If you know beforehand eating a bat will cause the virus jumps species and creates a pandemic. Yes, of course you won't. With hindsight nothing is difficult.

The 1918 Spanish flu originated in an army camp in Boston. It's easy to say if they locked down the camp, if they didn't ship the sick soldiers around, if they didn't send them to Europe and spread the disease. There won't be 100 million deaths.

5 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

My friend sent me a video of our store. We have no toilet paper at all. Not even the expensive rolls left. Wtf. Meanwhile all of Italy is  on lockdown.

Yeah, theoretically I have to sign a paper where I tell where I’m going and where I’m from and the reason I’m doing that. 

I’m 100km far from the closest red zone and in my city I think there are 10 cases

Pretty sure not everyone did this and I have yet to see a single police officer checking all the cars travelling on the road

Meanwhile I just left those papers in my car