corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Found an informative vid by Vox I watched few days ago.

First rule of food preparation: never cross contaminate. Don't mix pork with fish with cabbage, for example. China and similar countries aren't exactly known for safe food preparation.

11 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

It's not a sphere, it's obviously a dinosaur.

Ummmmmm,  aarrcchhtually , I have been reliably informed we live on the anus of an interstellar dog.  We are the endomorphic epizoa of the world.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, FakeCIA said:

People, please stop fueling the idea that this is a biological weapon. It's not. As for the test kits, there isn't a set practice country to country. At this point, it is the same way they test for the flu and other viruses. No, the only lab is not Atlanta and it doesn't always take 48 hours to get a positive or negative result. Stop spreading misinformation and gather facts from multiple sources, not just one.

So, what we know so far is that COVID-19 originated from a known source in Wuhan, China. This source was a wet market that cross contaminated possibly hundreds of different species. This is due to the way China regulates it's food safety and preparation industry, allowing black market trading, furthering the damage.

37 minutes ago, Deli said:

4. The more valid point is why it takes so long for US to make enough test kits? South Korea and Italy can make 10,000 tests a day. China can build a hospital in a week.

Our system could be better but at least we aren't barely getting by. China can build a hospital in a week because of their population density and number of people working in the construction industry.

4 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

So, what we know so far is that COVID-19 originated from a known source in Wuhan, China. This source was a wet market that cross contaminated possibly hundreds of different species. This is due to the way China regulates it's food safety and preparation industry, allowing black market trading, furthering the damage.

There are many ways a virus can jump species. Virus can also mutant among themselves. The Spanish flu in 1918 started in a army camp in Boston, US. No one today put a blame on US over all the deaths in that pandemic.

1 hour ago, Jeve Stobs said:

Our system could be better but at least we aren't barely getting by. China can build a hospital in a week because of their population density and number of people working in the construction industry.

And the fact that they are Communist and if the government wants a hospital, you best get your ass up. I wonder how many construction workers were injured in the rush, you probably won't find that anywhere if they didn't want it seen.

1 hour ago, Deli said:

There are many ways a virus can jump species. Virus can also mutant among themselves. The Spanish flu in 1918 started in a army camp in Boston, US. No one today put a blame on US over all the deaths in that pandemic.

I'm not putting a blame on China itself, I'm saying that because there isn't set guidelines, more people are getting hurt or killed by something that should have been easily preventable.

Just now, Jeve Stobs said:

It is also prudent for people to take many of these factors into consideration when judging any country for their perceived abilities.  Just as you say china can build fast due their population size, their population size is also likely a very big component of why it seems to spread faster there.   I personally don't think it is spreading faster, they just have a lot more people.

Also with regard to test kits, the government isn't going to advertise how many they,  can you imagine the insane toilet paper rush and mask buying stampede on pathology services?  People who need immediate medical pathology could be severely effected just by the sheer inrush of phone calls and people at the desk making requests.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

It is also prudent for people to take many of these factors into consideration when judging any country for their perceived abilities.

I definitely agree with this. Countries like to beef themselves up. The prime example of this is North Korea. Speaking of, I wonder how they are responding to this? Given what I know on my end, they are probably considering this a biological attack by the United States or a magical unicorn fart. It could be either one really.

Oakland Councilman Larry Reid told the Chronicle that the disembarking will take place at the Ports America site. Princess Cruises also tweeted that the passengers who require acute medical treatment will be taken to hospitals in California. Other passengers will get off the ship after that. Passengers who live in California will go to a federally operated facility within the state, like Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield, for testing and isolation, as per the Governor's Office of Emergency Services. Non-Californians will be taken by the federal government to facilities in other states, the cruise line tweeted.

An epidemiologist who studies the spread of virus particles said the recirculated air from a cruise ship’s ventilation system, plus the close quarters and communal settings, make passengers and crew vulnerable to infectious diseases.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/coronavirus-princess-cruise-ship-kept-offshore-now-allowed-to-dock-in-oakland

At least they won't be stuck on the ship for the virus to spread further.

Meanwhile in my city :

https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/cruise-ship-sets-sail-from-port-of-san-diego-amid-coronavirus-concerns

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

4 hours ago, FakeCIA said:

As far as I read weeks ago, a bunch of university doctors and researchers traced it back to october. Pre dating the wet market. 

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

That is a monumental dick move on that guys part, hopefully he gets isolated in a cell at least until his test results come back.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Why it always has to be because of some dumb people. I just hope that he faces the consequences that he truly deserves

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

First two cases in Albania. No school for 2 weeks. Dont know whether to feel lucky or not because i had 4 exams this week...

Today for the first time since 2011 market was halted. Its insane. Is money in banks safe or its better to take it out? Its becoming  more serious as days go by...

29 minutes ago, oskar23 said:

Today for the first time since 2011 market was halted. Its insane. Is money in banks safe or its better to take it out? Its becoming  more serious as days go by...

Safe. But if you take it out like the other deeply naive people it wont help.

1 hour ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

I really hate humans sometimes.

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

I really hate humans sometimes.

She's going to regret it once she's goes to jail for it.  She already committed a crime. 

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

I mean when "self-quarantining" is basically just saying "don't go outside, pretty please" of course there are going to be people who don't follow it. It's basically the honor system and we all know that people don't give a shit if there is something out there they want or think they need?

New York isn’t waiting around for the CDC. It’s the first state in the country to develop its own FDA approved Coronavirus test. Hope my state can do the same. Smh.

And making locally manufactured hand sanitizer.

Edited by PhantomJaguar77