corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

7 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

The countries I've listed, everyone is wearing a mask not N95, but basic surgical mask and the total number of people infected over there is much lower than the US.

You know what, why you go to a hospital and make a live stream by standing next to a patient who has been tested positive for covid-19, without a mask and say MASK DON'T WORK!, while you're at it, have a conversation with that patient, they might be lonely you know. Then come back 14 days later (if you make it that far) and report back to us.

Unfortunately, I have to side with the Mister regarding the Masks.

I mean a mask preventing you to breathe in the virus is not going to be the N95, But the full face covering one. The surgical masks are primarily used that those who are sick to prevent them to share their droplets with others.

Look at the number of nurses and doctors in California and Washington who got sick even though their had the full gear on (surgical mask, suit, robe, gloves, head cover, etc.)

If you want to be effectively protected you need the full hazmat suit to not be in contact with any droplet of contaminated surface and then touch your face, by accident.

Breaks my heart, but I must agree with him ?

-= Locked for Moderation =-

Topic will be re-opened shortly ... take a break.

-=Topic Re-opened =-

Further derailing may result in the topic being permanently locked.

Insults will be issued Warnings.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

The death toll in the U.S. from the coronavirus outbreak rose to 14 on Friday, with more than 225 cases confirmed across the country. Pennsylvania has announced its first cases. Johns Hopkins University announced that more than 100,000 people have been infected worldwide.

President Donald Trump on Friday morning signed a $8.3 billion emergency spending package to combat the virus.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/coronavirus-updates-live-14-dead-across-u-s-trump-signs-n1151451

At least it’s more than the original 2.5 billion USD proposal. Meanwhile since we’re out of hand sanitizer, now Lysol and chlorox wipes are being.. wiped out.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

4 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/coronavirus-updates-live-14-dead-across-u-s-trump-signs-n1151451

At least it’s more than the original 2.5 billion USD proposal. Meanwhile since we’re out of hand sanitizer, now Lysol and chlorox wipes are being.. wiped out.

Cali is out of hand sanitizer? We still have plenty in Michigan

3 hours ago, FakeCIA said:

Lucky. I have to fight with the Walmart Soccer Moms if I want the good TP.

Buy a bidet you degenerate.?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

20 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Oh God NO!!!! Don't joke with that...

Lethality of Ebola and R0 of SARS-cov-19-L?   Then we're all dead for sure!

10% survival chances that's an E.L.E.

Perhaps my post didn't come out the way I wanted. My bad.

Currently as of now, most of the people in the US just doesn't care about covid-19 and thinks it's not that big of a deal. But they do care about Ebola. If they would care about covid-19 with the same concern as Ebola, everyone would actually cooperate and numbers would most likely be much lower.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Buy a bidet you degenerate.

Plumbing will take years of just to fill out the application and then get it approved. No have time for that! No have time for a bidet!

F

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

6 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

Cali is out of hand sanitizer? We still have plenty in Michigan

Bruh I found a bottle in one of my cabinets and clapped my hands without thinking.

Plus after a death from the virus here my governor declared an official state of emergency and that ignited further panic.

Edited by PhantomJaguar77

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

21 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

From what I read US is at 20550 cases as of today...

In the United States, the number of cases passed 250 as public health labs anxiously awaited diagnostic kits, which will allow for a fuller sense of the scale of the crisis. As of Friday, New York State had 33 confirmed cases of coronavirus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/06/world/coronavirus-news.html

The good news is the one from China... It would mean that an outbreak - with effective containment - would last for ~3 months...

Now... We are talking of a dictatorship... How that will translate in our freedom aspiring countries is another story... But we already know that in the US people have "trouble" with self-quarantine...

Oh! And I love it with France!!!  ?

First they closed 200 schools and high-schools. A few days later they decided to reopen them, just because, leaving teachers and parents dumbfounded and today, a week later, the government decided to close again, for 2 weeks, all the schools, high-schools and universities of the 2 main clusters in France.

When I compare with Japan where they are closed until the end of March to contain the outbreak...

GO Macron! ?

7 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

The good news is the one from China

Well it's most likely if they don't listen, then it's instant death penalty. So they listen and do what they're told to do by following the rules. As for the US, yes there are people who have trouble with self quarantine.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/346.html

The CIA have updated the Factbook death rate by country per 1,000 individuals to include victims of coronavirus. Be aware they are still accounting for various other categories including terror attacks, war, and other diseases.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/361.html

The is the percentage of the population of each country that has access to fresh drinking water. I've added this since in some areas, the disease seems to spread by dirty or polluted water.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/360.html

This is how many hospital beds in regulated medical centers are populated per 1,000 individuals.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/329.html

These are the illicit drugs being manufactured or distributed between each country. Interpol believes this is contributing to the spread.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/242.html

These are the import links between each country to show who trades with who.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/366.html

This is a list of current infectious diseases outside of coronavirus.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/350.html

This is a list of major urban areas.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/367.html

This is the percentage of the population considered obese. Those who are obese may be at higher risk.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/359.html

These are a list of physicians per 1,000 individuals.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/335.html

This is the current population.

Import link here, the other link shows monetary value: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/403.html#AM

I won't post this again because it is a pain in the ass to put together.

Edited by FakeCIA

2 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

The CIA have updated the Factbook death rate by country per 1,000 individuals to include victims of coronavirus.

Read Facebook at first, was confused.

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Read Facebook at first, was confused.

I don't think Facebook cares, funny though.

9 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

I won't post this again because it is a pain in the ass to put together.

Real CIA links from a member who's name is FakeCIA.

And that quote above. I could have sworn I seen it from somewhere. That person also posted a bunch of links, and said the exact same thing.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

Real CIA links from a member who's name is FakeCIA.

And that quote above. I could have sworn I seen it from somewhere. That person also posted a bunch of links, and said the exact same thing.

Spooky. Must've been a clone of me. Go back through the thread and read through what's already been posted. I have been posting regular updates from multiple law enforcement agencies including the Pentagon and CIA. That's just what I do to contribute here because that is my background.

17 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

From what I read US is at 20550 cases as of today...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/06/world/coronavirus-news.html

The good news is the one from China... It would mean that an outbreak - with effective containment - would last for ~3 months...

Now... We are talking of a dictatorship... How that will translate in our freedom aspiring countries is another story... But we already know that in the US people have "trouble" with self-quarantine...

Oh! And I love it with France!!!  ?

First they closed 200 schools and high-schools. A few days later they decided to reopen them, just because, leaving teachers and parents dumbfounded and today, a week later, the government decided to close again, for 2 weeks, all the schools, high-schools and universities of the 2 main clusters in France.

When I compare with Japan where they are closed until the end of March to contain the outbreak...

GO Macron! ?

Look at Singapore and Hong Kong. I don't think they massage the numbers. They learn from the previous SARS outbreak. Not only the governments know how to handle the situation. But the people know how to behave to minimize the spread. Beyond the outside factors they cannot control. I think they are doing a good job.

9 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

Spooky. Must've been a clone of me. Go back through the thread and read through what's already been posted. I have been posting regular updates from multiple law enforcement agencies including the Pentagon and CIA. That's just what I do to contribute here because that is my background.

I think you're confusing people because you're regularly changing your avatar. ?

Some people are readers, others are more visual. Meaning that some will recognize the name while others will register the avatar.

That maybe the case here ?

10 minutes ago, Deli said:

Look at Singapore and Hong Kong. I don't think they massage the numbers. They learn from the previous SARS outbreak. Not only the governments know how to handle the situation. But the people know how to behave to minimize the spread. Beyond the outside factors they cannot control. I think they are doing a good job.

China is a dictatorship, Singapore is definitely not a "free" country. Hong-Kong is between two seats...

Would that mean that the only way to act decisively against this type of situation is through the end of civic liberties?

That is sad...

I really REALLY prefer to think that through education since a young age (like in japan with the eathquake drills) there is a better way of doing things. But letting people/societies become complacent is definitely not the way... As we are shown right now in real time...

1 hour ago, Cora_Lie said:

I think you're confusing people because you're regularly changing your avatar. ?

Some people are readers, others are more visual. Meaning that some will recognize the name while others will register the avatar.

That maybe the case here ?

True, but I don't much care. I change my profile pic because I find something that makes me laugh. But, this thread isn't about me, so bring it back around to the topic at hand.

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

True, but I don't much care. I change my profile pic because I find something that makes me laugh. But, this thread isn't about me, so bring it back around to the topic at hand.

I wasn't critisizing ?  Just pointing a fact.

You do however you want! ^o^

1 hour ago, Cora_Lie said:

China is a dictatorship, Singapore is definitely not a "free" country. Hong-Kong is between two seats...

Would that mean that the only way to act decisively against this type of situation is through the end of civic liberties?

That is sad...

I really REALLY prefer to think that through education since a young age (like in japan with the eathquake drills) there is a better way of doing things. But letting people/societies become complacent is definitely not the way... As we are shown right now in real time...

Let 's assume a theoretic scenario. Say a disease that is as contagious as COVID-19, and as deadly as Ebola. It has the potential to kill 50% of those infected. Without a vaccine, the only effective way to slow down the spread of the disease is using military force to lock down affected areas. Will you put human right and freedom before the survival of mankind?

China uses draconic measures to contain COVID-19. The rate of spread has came down in three months. I know the west isn't going to take such extreme measures. How long will it take us to get the epidemic under control?

Sometimes desperate situation takes desperate measures.

Self-quarantine isn't working.

You have food, shelter, Wi-Fi; no reason to be a dick, it's like 14 days.

59 minutes ago, Deli said:

Let 's assume a theoretic scenario. Say a disease that is as contagious as COVID-19, and as deadly as Ebola. It has the potential to kill 50% of those infected. Without a vaccine, the only effective way to slow down the spread of the disease is using military force to lock down affected areas. Will you put human right and freedom before the survival of mankind?

China uses draconic measures to contain COVID-19. The rate of spread has came down in three months. I know the west isn't going to take such extreme measures. How long will it take us to get the epidemic under control?

Even in the US, if things were that bad, we have martial law.

If it was that bad, it would be declared.

But it isn't, so it won't. Imo the response has been, "just deal with it"

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, Deli said:

4 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Even in the US, if things were that bad, we have martial law.

If it was that bad, it would be declared.

But it isn't, so it won't. Imo the response has been, "just deal with it"

Let an expert speal:

2 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Let an expert speal:

Yep, saw it. Depressing. Not as depressing as the visit to CDC I just watched.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x