corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Turns out, against medical advice, someone at Dartmouth was socializing with others instead of obeying his self-quarantine.
Guess what the COVID-19 test result came back as.

I'll wait.

Source

8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

A turd with an HDMI cable jammed into it is more powerful than a MacBook Air, and up until this year it had a better display, too.

☢️ Know Your Allergens: ☢️

Pollen | Plastic | Radiation | Antimatter

part list

1 hour ago, silicon_lottery said:

Turns out, against medical advice, someone at Dartmouth was socializing with others instead of obeying his self-quarantine.
Guess what the COVID-19 test result came back as.

I'll wait.

Source

Every time I hear a politician say we are safe because the current known cases are home quarantined,  I feel severely let down by my government.   I don't trust the average joe to undertake the necessary precautions to prevent it spreading.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, Xvaster said:

So, just to not go against the law, they are seriously thinking that's better waiting with crossed fingers? They are crazy 

Anyway Italy, is getting more similar to China, doing propaganda

The law is the law. The fact is if the government tries to pull shit here they will be met with armed resistance. The one thing the US has plenty of is armed citizens. Also seeing how parts of these laws are tied to our constitution, that’s an easy way for a politician to end up jobless and or in jail. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

The law is the law. The fact is if the government tries to pull shit here they will be met with armed resistance. The one thing the US has plenty of is armed citizens. Also seeing how parts of these laws are tied to our constitution, that’s an easy way for a politician to end up jobless and or in jail. 

Oh I forgot about the weapons in the US 

But seriously, there is not a single law, that can permit actions like that, on emergency periods?

3 minutes ago, Xvaster said:

Oh I forgot about the weapons in the US 

But seriously, there is not a single law, that can permit actions like that, on emergency periods?

Nope. The military is not a police force.

Militia is somewhat of a between.

There was "miilits/militsiya" in Soviet Union decades after the great war.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 hour ago, Tan3l6 said:

Militia is somewhat of a between.

There was "miilits/militsiya" in Soviet Union decades after the great war.

?

YOU are looking for trouble talking about Soviet Union on a Forum where you have predominently North Americans roaming.

?

6 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

?

YOU are looking for trouble talking about Soviet Union on a Forum where you have predominently North Americans roaming.

?

I know, I'm a bit anachronism anyway, even I'f I wasn't from eastern europe ?

But don't think we here are so far off from mainstream Corona / COVID-19 that we don't have it over here - we sure do!

I edit my posts more often than not

Another stupid question: Also in Base of what they think that it will spread less with summer? They are perhaps basing into the number of cases that are registered in the another (I don't get the right name, I will call it the "sud")

I wish that I'm wrong, but the lower numbers in those countries, cannot also be attributed to lower transports, and less tests?

5 minutes ago, Xvaster said:

Another stupid question: Also in Base of what they think that it will spread less with summer? They are perhaps basing into the number of cases that are registered in the another (I don't get the right name, I will call it the "sud")

I wish that I'm wrong, but the lower numbers in those countries, cannot also be attributed to lower transports, and less tests?

That is something we have wondered here also.

I find it highly unlikely that the virus didn't reach Africa yet with the high chinese community there.

And we can see the devastating effect of the virus in countries with poor health system (Iran).

But if the virus was there we would have seen more deaths. With the virulence of the SARS-Cov-2 and the variable incubation time (a few days to 27 days long) we already should have seen more cases in Africa ans South America.

Some scientists surmise that it's because the eco-system is hotter there and the virus doesn't like it. I find that highly unlikely.

Some other scientists think that it's the path of the virus to become self-sustaining and recurring (like influenza). If that's the case, we'll have a 2nd wave of it later this year (summer-autumn) and he it follows the patterns of previous viruses, the 2nd wave will be deadlier (Spanish Flu) as it will have mutated and the vaccine won't be ready yet by that time.

I'm sure there are some sick on the container ships, but we don't hear about them. Why? How? I have no idea. But it's just not possible that there are no cases on these ships, not when there are so many on cruise ships.

I have many questions, but no answers at the moment.

Diamond Princess Part 2.

A 71-year-old coronavirus patient died on Wednesday, less than two weeks after disembarking from a cruise ship in California where he was likely exposed. The death marked California's first coronavirus-related fatality, bringing the national toll up to 11. The other 10 deaths have all been in Washington state.

The Grand Princess Cruise ship was supposed to dock in San Francisco on Thursday, but as CBS News' Jamie Yuccas reports, it is instead being held off the coast until all other passengers are tested for the new COVID-19 disease. Health officials believe the elderly victim was exposed to the virus during the ship's February 11-21 voyage from San Francisco to Mexico, and they now think several others aboard may be infected.

I’ve been to San Fransisco several times in the past and know how tight packed that city is.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/first-coronavirus-death-california-linked-grand-princess-cruise-ship-quarantine/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

On 3/5/2020 at 11:34 PM, Andreas Lilja said:

Anyway I'm wondering why the death ratio of nations like Italy and Iran, is more elevate than Korea for example 

On 3/5/2020 at 10:14 PM, Andreas Lilja said:

I have several questions:

It's true?

It's just propaganda?

Its just propaganda,with second reasons like incentivate persons to get some experimental vaccines?

Another round of stupid questions:

Washing your teeth or you face, doesn't increase the possibility to get some shit? Or it's alright? 

1 minute ago, Xvaster said:

I have several questions:

It's true?

It's just propaganda?

Its just propaganda,with second reasons like incentivate persons to get some experimental vaccines?

Well... Have you read the article?

Lots of propaganda in there from what is written...

the 54-year-old, along with six members of her team, proved their loyalty to the Communist Party by injecting themselves with a vaccine that hasn’t even been tested on animals, in an apparent bid to show how well China is doing in combatting coronavirus.

Chen said. “U.S. President Donald Trump said in late January a vaccine could be developed within the next few months. I believe Chinese research fellows would not lag behind the US counterparts.”

as China continues to face criticism about its initial response to the coronavirus outbreak, it is keen to change the narrative to one that positions itself as a savior — and developing a viable vaccine could be central to that.

2 minutes ago, Xvaster said:

Another round of stupid questions:

Washing your teeth or you face, doesn't increase the possibility to get some shit? Or it's alright? 

Do you want to drink bleach like advised on some not so reliable websites? O_o

Wash yourself with soap and hot water. Hygiene is never a bad thing ?

2 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Do you want to drink bleach like advised on some not so reliable websites? O_o

Wash yourself with soap and hot water. Hygiene is never a bad thing ?

Yeah, but if the toothbrush is infected, cannot it help the spread of it? Or the toothpaste helps to remove it?

I'm super ignorant with biology or anything that involves human body.. Unfortunately 

Kek didn't expect this. 

Screenshot_20200305-171857_Tinder.jpg

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

5 minutes ago, Xvaster said:

Yeah, but if the toothbrush is infected, cannot it help the spread of it? Or the toothpaste helps to remove it?

I'm super ignorant with biology or anything that involves human body.. Unfortunately 

Question: What is toothpaste?  ?

If you really want/feel the need, disinfect your toothpaste in a UV sterilisator after each use...

There major problem right now isn't just the virus itself, but the amount of ignorance and don't care attitude with some of the people out there. They think because they're young, that means they must have a strong immune system therefore, they're invincible, the virus won't do anything to them, and it only affects those who are old or those that have a existing health problem. In Eastern Asian countries, everyone is wearing a surgical mask to reduce the percentage of getting themselves infected or spreading it to others, everyone is cooperating. In the US however, it's the total opposite. Experts claims the mask won't protect and there is no need to wear one if you're healthy. They should be worn only by the medical personals, and those who are sick. But has anyone ever stop to think for a second, that person walking in the opposite direction, who is coughing may be infected and they are also not wearing a surgical mask. Now almost everyone isn't wearing one. For them to put one on, is as if they're going to loose all of their FB friends, IG and Twitter followers, job, and dignity. Put on a damn surgical mask to reduce your change of getting infected or spreading it to others, is that so difficult.

The other major problem is how it's being compared to the seasonal flu. This isn't the season flu, seasonal flu don't spread this fast, and for seasonal flu, there is vaccine. There is currently no vaccine for Covid-19. Whatever works for that individual isn't guarantee to work for everyone. Right now doctors are basically using whatever they have and pray that it works, it's like throwing a handful of noodles at a glass and see which one sticks.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

6 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Question: What is toothpaste?  ?

If you really want/feel the need, disinfect your toothpaste in a UV sterilisator after each use...

7 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

There major problem right now isn't just the virus itself, but the amount of ignorance and don't care attitude with some of the people out there. They think because they're young, that means they must have a strong immune system therefore, they're invincible, the virus won't do anything to them, and it only affects those who are old or those that have a existing health problem. In Eastern Asian countries, everyone is wearing a surgical mask to reduce the percentage of getting themselves infected or spreading it to others, everyone is cooperating. In the US however, it's the total opposite. Experts claims the mask won't protect and there is no need to wear one if you're healthy. They should be worn only by the medical personals, and those who are sick. But has anyone ever stop to think for a second, that person walking in the opposite direction, who is coughing may be infected and they are also not wearing a surgical mask. Now almost everyone isn't wearing one. For them to put one on, is as if they're going to loose all of their FB friends, IG and Twitter followers, job, and dignity. Put on a damn surgical mask to reduce your change of getting infected or spreading it to others, is that so difficult.

The other major problem is how it's being compared to the seasonal flu. This isn't the season flu, seasonal flu don't spread this fast, and for seasonal flu, there is vaccine. There is currently no vaccine for Covid-19. Whatever works for that individual isn't guarantee to work for everyone. Right now doctors are basically using whatever they have and pray that it works, it's like throwing a handful of noodles at a glass and see which one sticks.

Same goes for Italy  

For the mask point, I think that it's more about a mask shortage that anything else, and for the fucking price, and scumbags who buy whatever thing that is into local store, and resell it, they should for first increase the production of it, and check the fucking sells

On eBay I see things like 2 mask for 60 euros, which is insane 

15 hours ago, Deli said:

Pardon my ignorance, how unsafe is tap water in the US?

Well in Michigan you will get a dose of Lead. Flint is not the only city with issues. They started much more better testing and found higher lead levels in most tap water at least in the south east area (metro Detroit). 

1 minute ago, Xvaster said:

Same goes for Italy  

For the mask point, I think that it's more about a mask shortage that anything else, and for the fucking price, and scumbags who buy whatever thing that is into local store, and resell it, they should for first increase the production of it, and check the fucking sells

On eBay I see things like 2 mask for 60 euros, which is insane 

Same here also, price has gone through the roof and it's at the same height as the ISS. One thing I don't get is if experts says healthy people don't need a mask and most people aren't even using one, then where is the shortage of surgical mask coming from.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

11 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Put on a damn surgical mask to reduce your change of getting infected or spreading it to others, is that so difficult.

Well... Yes! In the US they don't have enough! They bought their supplies from China! And now China keeps the few they have for them!

I saw a "documentary" on US news (don't remember which channel) about an hospital showing one of their warehouses FULL of supplies (masks, suits, gloves, etc.) and they said it was for 2 weeks!  1 warehouse = 2 weeks worth of supplies...

And they didn't know what to do after that! They had no way to resupply them right now.

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Well in Michigan you will get a dose of Lead. Flint is not the only city with issues. They started much more better testing and found higher lead levels in most tap water at least in the south east area (metro Detroit). 

"Welcome to Michigan. It's cold and you get lead poisoning. Our special for this year is a batch of the coronavirus."