corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

On 3/2/2020 at 3:05 PM, Saberken said:

The fact is proved that about 57c temperature can kill this kind of virus through some papers from Wuhan University. Which can be inferred easily that the high temperature's environment can hold-up the active of the virus

Also

I don't get how did they get the data of survival of those who contracted it

I mean if the population is aging, there is a good number of older individuals and a inferior numbers of younger individual 

So if the number of older individual is major to the younger one, it's more probable that the old ones will get sick 

Besides that the chinese datas, unfortunately cannot be trusted 

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I can't really put too much stock into these numbers when South Korea's is likely high only due to the free tests given while Japan seems to not want to test anyone for fear of the Olympics getting cancelled.

There are a number of countries with a motivation to understate their numbers, and then many with a variable testing capability. Hopefully, for those understating, we hope they're not under-testing, because that will just bite them harder later, and the rest of the world along with them.

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I can't really put too much stock into these numbers when South Korea's is likely high only due to the free tests given while Japan seems to not want to test anyone for fear of the Olympics getting cancelled.

No the Chinese Citizens panic when the Chinese government rejected health care for the infected people due to lack of bed spaces.  So the Chinese citizens had no choice but to go to South Korea for treatment.  They were giving pain killers and traveled by ship/boat just to make it to South Korea.  And that's how South Korea got a large number of infections including Thailand at the moment.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

2 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

No the Chinese Citizens panic when the Chinese government rejected health care for the infected people due to lack of bed spaces.  So the Chinese citizens had no choice but to go to South Korea for treatment.  They were giving pain killers and traveled by ship/boat just to make it to South Korea.  And that's how South Korea got a large number of infections including Thailand at the moment.

Ouch

2 minutes ago, Xvaster said:

...I mean if the population is aging, there is a good number of older individuals and a inferior numbers of younger individual  So if the number of older individual is major to the younger one, it's more probable that the old ones will get sick

That's why it would be interesting to compare the demographic of a population against who gets it.

But still, among those who get it, the cases examined showing those vulnerable to succumb is pretty clear.

3 minutes ago, Canoe said:

There are a number of countries with a motivation to understate their numbers, and then many with a variable testing capability. Hopefully, for those understating, we hope they're not under-testing, because that will just bite them harder later, and the rest of the world along with them.

Yeah I expect undereporting and undertesting in the US too.

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Yeah I expect undereporting and undertesting in the US too.

After complaints, the CDC put back their total number of cases tested to their web site...

6 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

O.K.

Examine what you're claiming and fit in the long lead time for meaningful numbers of infected from the time of seeding.

2 minutes ago, Canoe said:

That's why it would be interesting to compare the demographic of a population against who gets it.

But still, among those who get it, the cases examined showing those vulnerable to succumb is pretty clear.

But without knowing the exact numbers of the population is pretty.. 

However for God sake', why in the world they aren't posting some free, open datas, Besides the numbers of the certificated cases

1 hour ago, Xvaster said:

But without knowing the exact numbers of the population is pretty.. 

However for God sake', why in the world they aren't posting some free, open datas, Besides the numbers of the certificated cases

I posted some stuff earlier regarding open-source data.

8 minutes ago, Canoe said:

O.K.

Examine what you're claiming and fit in the long lead time for meaningful numbers of infected from the time of seeding.

Korean News Channels have been reporting this since hospitals in China were full and those people who couldn't get treatment were forced to travel to Thailand or South Korea.  These reports were before they built that new hospital.

5 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

Korean News Channels have been reporting this since hospitals in China were full and those people who couldn't get treatment were forced to travel to Thailand or South Korea.  These reports were before they built that new hospital.

Again, examine the dates and the numbers, and consider seeding.

The South Koreans are being very thorough in examining the infection paths and indentifying clusters.

https://www.cdc.go.kr/board/board.es?mid=a20501000000&bid=0015

1 minute ago, Canoe said:

Again, examine the dates and the numbers, and consider seeding.

The South Koreans are being very thorough in examining the infection paths and indentifying clusters.

https://www.cdc.go.kr/board/board.es?mid=a20501000000&bid=0015

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51609840

1 hour ago, Canoe said:

That's old and known. Irrelvant to your claim. Do actualy research on those dates, numbers and check for seeding.

I posted some sources here if anyone actually wants to do any reading. I'm not gonna post them again cause I'm lazy and it took me a day to find them all.

China's reported Severe cases has been droping, as has their daily reported deaths.

This had stabilized the projected total deaths.

Now with cases external to mainland China going up around the globe, the severe and expected severe case numbers is staring to push the projected total deaths upwards again.

From below 4,500 to around 4,700.

And both are climbing.

17 hours ago, FakeCIA said:

I posted some sources here if anyone actually wants to do any reading. I'm not gonna post them again cause I'm lazy and it took me a day to find them all.

What, you don't like playing wack-a-mole?

1 hour ago, Canoe said:

What, you don't like playing wack-a-mole?

Nah. I'm good. Somebody else can take the reigns on that stuff. I'll post what I can, but I'm not focused on this.

26 minutes ago, Deli said:

I suppose it's hard to do a real lockdown like in China. It's a tough call to isolate a cluster, while still allow some economic activities going.

Actually neither China seemed to had managed it..

However @Canoe yeah but is still dumb on letting pass the unknown at least force a quarantine for a while 

The craziness as reached my country...

20200303_192913.thumb.jpg.f183f39fd84104f3464a3cca3dd14431.jpg

Several like that empty... We have 1 confirmed...

Crazy...

5 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

The craziness as reached my country...

20200303_192913.thumb.jpg.f183f39fd84104f3464a3cca3dd14431.jpg

Several like that empty... We have 1 confirmed...

Crazy...

Damn, that's a sight. ?

Everyone's acting like its the end of the world and stores either aren't equipped to deal with it or don't have an "X items per customer" system in place to keep things orderly.

It feels like war profiteering. Makes me very uncomfortable.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I know that yesterday morning it was full...

Water? Empty...

Frozen food? Half empty...

fresh produce? Full

Fresh meat? 3/4 empty...

Crazy...

As far as Im concerned, we are at war or on a war footing.

As someone who works in a supermarket, i can say that some sub cats and specific lines are low or depleted. However the range of things that could happen on is eye-watering and understandable at the same time.

The worst case scenario would be some of the following; A suspension of cash and to operate cashless for a period of time to prevent infection of till workers, vegans and ethical warriors having their 'rights' ended as the factory used for their niche being made would be needed for the needs of the majority, limits on amounts per customer - meaning two of a specific line or from a specific category. Working in conjunction with people who work in other chains, the terminology and process may differ, however the end goal doesn't.

My mindset at the moment is of a war footing, not with another nation, but a virus and its pandemic. Im sure many other folk like me will be be prepared to do our part and feed the nation, we will mostly all pull together. Im sure that if there is panic, like Hong Kong and Singapore, it will last for a couple of weeks and then return to a close to normal. However, its Italy Im monitoring as it isn't going that way after 10 or so days of panic buying in some areas.

The UK is about 2 away i think form quarantine and full on Christmas on steroids if we play it wrong, so far, the government and most of the leadership across all the devolved administrations are doing their best and have a clear plan and unlike the past 3-4 years, are all playing together.

If most folk play it cool, and act calm the country will be okay. Churchill quote here... Bulldog Spirit and all that jazz.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

10 minutes ago, ESPImperium said:

As far as Im concerned, we are at war or on a war footing.

As someone who works in a supermarket, i can say that some sub cats and specific lines are low or depleted. However the range of things that could happen on is eye-watering and understandable at the same time.

The worst case scenario would be some of the following; A suspension of cash and to operate cashless for a period of time to prevent infection of till workers, vegans and ethical warriors having their 'rights' ended as the factory used for their niche being made would be needed for the needs of the majority, limits on amounts per customer - meaning two of a specific line or from a specific category. Working in conjunction with people who work in other chains, the terminology and process may differ, however the end goal doesn't.

My mindset at the moment is of a war footing, not with another nation, but a virus and its pandemic. Im sure many other folk like me will be be prepared to do our part and feed the nation, we will mostly all pull together. Im sure that if there is panic, like Hong Kong and Singapore, it will last for a couple of weeks and then return to a close to normal. However, its Italy Im monitoring as it isn't going that way after 10 or so days of panic buying in some areas.

The UK is about 2 away i think form quarantine and full on Christmas on steroids if we play it wrong, so far, the government and most of the leadership across all the devolved administrations are doing their best and have a clear plan and unlike the past 3-4 years, are all playing together.

If most folk play it cool, and act calm the country will be okay. Churchill quote here... Bulldog Spirit and all that jazz.

Imao in those situation some liberties and rights should be ignored 

The product should have a limit for each person for a tot time limit 

And some territories/items should be sequestered (such as France did) to manage for the best the resources, rather than playing for the best bidder 

7 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

thats not what i interpret the meaning of commendable. ive never heard it use to mean unchangable. if i say the law of mathematics are nice but Australian laws are more powerful than them what do you interpret that as meaning?

That you appreciate the laws of math, but that they are irrelevant if the law of the land says not to use them. 

Commendable basically means deserving praise, that means they should be held up as worthy, honest or valuable.  It means he is no way diminishing what math is or how digital systems work, he is saying the law of the land is absolute and if criminal think they can hide their works behind encryption then he will make encryption illegal, thus making efforts to hide your crime as illegal as the crime.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Another dumb question:

The people that are quarantined on their own home, or anyway in facilities that are not "certificated" don't they risk to spread it to whorever is close to him, like neighbours or whatever?