corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

12 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

With this coronavirus being contagious for up to two weeks before symptoms appear, it could be everywhere very soon.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

My job involves touching the handles of doors held by thousands of people.

Brb surgical gloves.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

It's here in Chicago land. This is within an hour drive of me.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20200127/coronavirus-patient-remains-in-isolation-at-hoffman-estates-hospital

We're F'd.

Might be.  Not because of that though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

There's a possible case under investigation in my city/county. I work in the public. ?

https://www.kusi.com/san-diego-county-investigates-possible-case-of-coronavirus/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Might be.  Not because of that though.

HAHA! Yes our politicians have us well F'd...... They don't call Cook County "Crook County" for nothin.

2 minutes ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

There's a possible case under investigation in my city/county. I work in the public. ?

Apparently there are now 110 possible cases under investigation in the US, not good. ?

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

HAHA! Yes our politicians have us well F'd...... They don't call Cook County "Crook County" for nothin.

I have no idea what you’re talking about. some local political crud?

I was talking about coronavirus.  There is one patient in isolation.  That’s not F’ed.  Now this whole two week of contagiousness before symptoms?  That’s possibly F’ed. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

I have no idea what you’re talking about. some local political crud?

I was talking about coronavirus.  There is one patient in isolation.  That’s not F’ed.  Now this whole two week of contagiousness before symptoms?  That’s possibly F’ed. 

Lol. that flew over your head..... must be from out of town. (not from chicago)

A pack of Ciggs downtown here is 18 dollars for example. 

I don't know exactly how contagious the virus really is. Can it travel through atmosphere? Is it from touching, saliva or perhaps vomit? 

Lol. that flew over your head..... must be from out of town. (not from chicago)

A pack of Ciggs downtown here is 18 dollars for example. 

I don't know exactly how contagious the virus really is. Can it travel through atmosphere? Is it from touching, saliva or perhaps vomit? 

Flu-like supposedly, so saliva spray from coughing and mucus that can stay on hands and deposit on doorknobs and other public fixtures.

Use hand sanitizer often.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Just now, atxcyclist said:

Flu-like supposedly, so saliva spray from coughing and mucus that can stay on hands and deposit on doorknobs and other public fixtures.

Use hand sanitizer often.

So this lady winds up in the Hospital. She got off a plane. Went home and then to the hospital. 

Husband right next to her in the car.

What is the incubation period? Up to a couple of weeks I imagine like any flu?

8 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

So this lady winds up in the Hospital. She got off a plane. Went home and then to the hospital. 

Husband right next to her in the car.

What is the incubation period? Up to a couple of weeks I imagine like any flu?

Incubation is two weeks so they say, but it's contagious prior to symptoms being apparent. Not sure how long the virus lingers, there's possibly not a good idea yet. 

One of the trickiest variables to gauge the severity of this virus is the contrast in medical care between China and countries like the US, Canada, and countries in Europe. Like SARS, bird flu, swine flu, and etc., the real danger was in countries like China where medical care is lacking. Even some people with Ebola got over it in the United States, because the symptoms could be effectively treated at the very least. That said, this coronavirus could turn into a pandemic with a lot of sick people and casualties if proper steps are not taken. If this gets a hold in Africa or South America, it would be very problematic either place.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

5 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

You know there's a conspiracy theorist who thinks China infected people then sent them to different countries to spread the disease.

hmm world sabotage lmao

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

6 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

You know there's a conspiracy theorist who thinks China infected people then sent them to different countries to spread the disease.

Probably a group of flat-earthers.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

5 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Of course there is.   There’s always an Occam’s razor denier around.  This is actually not a bad argument that there may be nothing to my worry that the EU may have an ulterior motive with the portable charging thing.  

intent might possibly make a hair more sense if China wasn’t apparently having giant problems with it too.

8 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

To be quite frank, it'd be easier to list all the things there doesn't exist a conspiracy theorist for than the thing for which there does.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Incubation is two weeks so they say, but it's contagious prior to symptoms being apparent. Not sure how long the virus lingers, there's possibly not a good idea yet. 

One of the trickiest variables to gauge the severity of this virus is the contrast in medical care between China and countries like the US, Canada, and countries in Europe. Like SARS, bird flu, swine flu, and etc., the real danger was in countries like China where medical care is lacking. Even some people with Ebola got over it in the United States, because the symptoms could be effectively treated at the very least. That said, this coronavirus could turn into a pandemic with a lot of sick people and casualties if proper steps are not taken. If this gets a hold in Africa or South America, it would be very problematic either place.

Yes we are fortunate to have such good medical coverage in the United States, even if expensive, worth it!!

Coronavirus: Death toll climbs to 106 as China tightens measures. China says 106 people have died from the new coronavirus and the cases of newly infected have almost doubled.4 hours ago

Not good.

Yes we are fortunate to have such good medical coverage in the United States, even if expensive, worth it!!

Not good.

Diving hard at that whole anything for the side thing huh.  There are bigger issues at play atm.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Diving hard at that whole anything for the side thing huh.  There are bigger issues at play atm.

Meh, just saying.......

Still no internal cases over here in Hong Kong, where recent protests burned down the under construction quarantine building made for mainlanders.

Maybe this outbreak will get governments to provide better healthcare policies now.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

1 minute ago, williamcll said:

Still no internal cases over here in Hong Kong, where recent protests burned down the under construction quarantine building made for mainlanders.

Maybe this outbreak will get governments to provide better healthcare policies now.

yeah probably not.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

17 minutes ago, williamcll said:

I didn't know you were an optimist! ?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.