Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Letgomyleghoe

corona virus

SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Message added by SansVarnic

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

I can't say for other provinces, but here (in QC) it doesn't seem that bad. There's a few cases here and there but nothing that seems serious.

we just had a ministry that had to say "landlords and homeowners who turn away existing tenants serving their temporary Leave of Absence will be penalised"

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/wuhan-coronavirus-landlords-eviction-tenants-quarantine-loa-12387052

5 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

What that guy did was downright dangerous. At least he was charged (with 2 crimes) fortunately. Hope he's given the maximum sentence to make an example out of him.

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

we just had a ministry that had to say "landlords and homeowners who turn away existing tenants serving their temporary Leave of Absence will be penalised"

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/wuhan-coronavirus-landlords-eviction-tenants-quarantine-loa-12387052

That's some next level ... kicking out tenants that are in quarantine is the best way to spread the virus! Who the hell is that dumb?

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Guide to run any software as Admin

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

On 2/5/2020 at 6:59 PM, dalekphalm said:

What that guy did was downright dangerous. At least he was charged (with 2 crimes) fortunately. Hope he's given the maximum sentence to make an example out of him.

yeah, you don't fuck around in flights for a crap-ton of reasons

On 2/5/2020 at 7:00 PM, wkdpaul said:

That's some next level ... kicking out tenants that are in quarantine is the best way to spread the virus! Who the hell is that dumb?

"NOT IN MY HOUSE!"

we've got pretty ugly-natured people here, unfortunately

21 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

I could see the whole parcel thing, but why the Chinese buffets? Just because it has China in the name¿?

Some people's logic amazes me ?

Because they're more likely to have had someone from China return from a visit.

Back during SARS, a friend and I went out for dinner at a small & cheap restaurant in 'China town'.

I didn't hear from him until around four to six weeks later. I'd been sick with a flu and my first time out was to the local restaurant. Where I found my friend. It was his first time out since that dinner, as he'd been sick too. We'd had the same symptoms. We joked about 'the old man in the corner who was sneezing' (there wasn't one), but it was quite the coincidence.

Another week or two and everyone should have either presented with symptoms or came in through a more stringent screening. There are indications that everyone who could be infected is very aware and seeks medical care with any symptoms. Including one case who was informed by signs at the airport were he arrived, and later came down with symptoms.

A friend just told me how her Dad and wife came for the weekend. One of her children was concerned that they came from the big city, so he was wearing his Mickey Mouse mask the whole time... lol

I emailed back that the cotton bandana a la stage coach robber is a lot more fun!

22 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

More reports of harassment of Asians (not just Chinese) in most countries.

I can't say for other provinces, but here (in QC) it doesn't seem that bad. There's a few cases or xenophobia here and there, but nothing that seems serious.

I can't find the article rn, but there's a journalist that lost his job over a tweet (he posted a picture of himself with his Asian barber and tweeted something like "hope I only got a haircut" with the coronavirus hashtag).

And then there are idiots like this ;

https://globalnews.ca/news/6503789/false-coronavirus-claim-passenger-westjet-toronto-jamaica/

Some schools are trying to calm parents ;

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/longueil-police-coronavirus-bullying-1.5452371

But despite that call to calms, you'll always have people being afraid that they could catch it by getting a parcel from China or going to their local Chinese buffet ...

These sorts of things tend to be justifications rather than reasons.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

26 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

... I can't find the article rn, but there's a journalist that lost his job over a tweet (he posted a picture of himself with his Asian barber and tweeted something like "hope I only got a haircut" with the coronavirus hashtag). ...

I saw one somewhere, with a line of guys in barber chairs, getting shaves & haircut. Guy with his face largely covered got the brush with soap spread near his nose and mouth. Triggered him to sneeze. The big guy in the chair beside him freaked out, jumped out of his chair and smashed a wash towel down on the guy's face. A little more upset following that...

I guess Wong's Bat Won Ton Wuhan Wallop could be shortened to Wuhan Wallop.

10 minutes ago, Canoe said:

*snip*

This might be more related with their bad habits with food hygiene with Chinese Mainlanders ... I know this is a generalization, but it's based on my personal experience and my time in China, and it's more often than not only with the older generation that just arrived. My wife doesn't have the same issue than her parents (leaving food on the counter overnight, cross-contamination, poorly washed dishes and cutlery, cleaning surfaces with smelly and dirty rags, etc ...)

VPN server guide

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

36 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

The stupid one who doesn't want to have his "property" stigmatized as "one of those sick people from China was living here! Who knows you could catch it because for sure some of the virus did survive and you know that they are not that clean there!"

Totally stupid, I do agree with you... But human mind is a sewer of stupidity (among other things).

10 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

The stupid one who doesn't want to have his "property" stigmatized as "one of those sick people from China was living here! Who knows you could catch it because for sure some of the virus did survive and you know that they are not that clean there!"

Totally stupid, I do agree with you... But human mind is a sewer of stupidity (among other things).

Rofl.  So instead of being locally possibly recognized as a house that once had a corona patient in it he became literally internationally famous as having not only a corona patient in one of his units but being an epic douche as well.  Now it’s not just that one unit with a stigmata, it’s every unit he owns or may own in the future.  Smooth.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:28 PM, wkdpaul said:

This might be more related with their bad habits with food hygiene with Chinese Mainlanders ... I know this is a generalization, but it's based on my personal experience and my time in China, and it's more often than not only with the older generation that just arrived. My wife doesn't have the same issue than her parents (leaving food on the counter overnight, cross-contamination, poorly washed dishes and cutlery, cleaning surfaces with smelly and dirty rags, etc ...)

I really didn't want to get into what I've seen in restaurants... Add someone infected to an environment like you describe. There's a reason they're pushing proper food prep hygiene with this.

On 2/5/2020 at 4:47 AM, Bombastinator said:

This I find encouraging.  The red line still has a belly in it I don’t like but the shape of the green line pleases me.

No data to back this up, but my take on the red line is that it will flip it's curve on the tangent of it's latest section. I'd expect to see it level off between 700 and 800, possibly 800 to 900. That's also in the range of some of the predictions, based on limited models, so my pick may be biased by those. The next few days will begin to show if that's a reasonable guess.

13 minutes ago, Canoe said:

I really didn't want to get into what I've seen in restaurants... Add someone infected to an environment like you describe. There's a reason they're pushing proper food prep hygiene with this.

I'm guessing it's gonna be hard to change stuff that almost literally billions of people are doing over there :(

Habits are hard to change, though from what I saw, the new generation is a lot more aware of all that. Like the pouring hot tea on dishes, it used to be done to keep the cup warm (among other reasons), but now I see lots of the older generation pouring hot water on dishes (like plates and bols) thinking this sterilize the dish ... lots of misconception and ignorance. But seeing what happened to that generation and the few that followed (with Mao), I can't blame them to have huge lack in their knowledge and understanding of the world.

PS : worked for a restaurant supplier when I was young (my dad was a chef and was the one to help me get one of my first job) ... didn't stay long and what I've seen in some kitchen is burned in my brain. Thankfully in my city, inspections have been ramping up and the city isn't afraid to publicly shame a restaurant and close them if needed.

Edited by wkdpaul

VPN server guide

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

I'm guessing it's gonna be hard to change stuff that almost literally billions of people are doing over there :(

Habits are hard to change, though from what I saw, the new generation is a lot more aware of all that. Like the pouring hot tea on dishes, it used to be done to keep the cup warm (among other reasons), but now I see lots of the older generation pouring hot water on dishes (like plates and bols) thinking this sterilize the dish ... lots of misconception and ignorance. But seeing what happened to that generation and the few that followed (with Mao), I can't blame them to have huge lack in their knowledge and understanding of the world.

PS : worked for a restaurant supplier when I was young (my dad was a chef and was the one to help me get one of my first job) ... didn't stay long and what I've seen in some kitchen is burned in my brain. Thankfully here, inspections have been ramping up and the city isn't afraid to publicly shame a restaurant and close them if needed.

The spitting on street and related hygiene over there doesn't help.

We, and others on here, could share some rather horrifying stories. Like room-aged steaks being scraped of the green before cooking and serving. Bowls of food on table back to kitchen, combined in a new bowl, and out to another table. Croutons in an open bag on shelf barely above floor, with droppings inside the bag, while at night they're leaving food out for the mice...

Taiwan news just reported that tencent may have accidentally released actual numbers, revealing 150k+ cases, 78k suspected, and 25k deaths, putting the mortality rate somewhere between 11-16%.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594

If this is true.....good Lord I don't even want to think about this.

More contagiojs than flu, more deadly than SARS.

My System: i7-8700k 5.0ghz All-core delidded @1.365v // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 // 32GB (4x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3466 OC // XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT RAW II // NZXT S340 White // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // Intel 660P 1TB NVME M.2 SSD/1TB Samsung 860 EVO/1TB 2.5" HGST HDD // Displays: ASUS VG248QE/Acer K242HYL/Acer K242HYL // Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard - Logitech G502 // Corsair H70 Gaming Headset

Wife's System: i7-8700 // Arctic Freezer 33 // Gigabyte Z390M Gaming // 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 // Sapphire Vega 64 // Thermaltake Versa H17 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // 1TB Samsung 860 EVO/500GB Silicon Power A55/4TB Western Digital HDD // Displays: ASUS VG245H/ASUS VP248Q // Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G602 // LG BDRW // NexStar 5.25" USB 3 Enclosure

TV Gamer: Ryzen 5 1600 3.9ghz All-core @1.39v // Wraith PRISM // Gigabyte B450 Aorus M // 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 // XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB XXX Edition // Thermaltake Versa H17 // Corsair Vengeance Silver 650W // 120GB Sandisk SSD/120GB PNY CS900/4TB Western Digital Blue // Display: 50" Westinghouse 1080p // Rii Wireless Mini Keyboard w/Touchpad/Xbox One Controllers

Son's System: i5-9400 // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 // 16GB GeIL Potenza DDR 3200 // ASUS RX 570 4GB OC // NZXT S340 Black // Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze // 525GB Crucial MX300/500GB Wester Digital Blue // Display: Dell P2417H - Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G203

Daughter's System: i3-8350k // Cooler Master i71c // MSI H310M Pro VDH-Plus // 16GB T-Force Vulkan 2666 (2400) // Zotac GTX 1060 3GB Mini // DarkFlash Micro ATX White // Corsair CX550 // 480GB PNY CS1311 SSD // Display: Scepter 20" 1080p - Logitech Keyboard and Mouse

By the way Just read in french newspaper :

More than 10,000 beds are being prepped to get some sick people on sports hall and hangars in Wuhei. Plus 3 new major cities are in quarantine.

image.png.f17c59fa4c08bef3e62376ee61cfb8aa.png

From the picture they obviously don't care at all about cross contamination. Not good auspices...

WHO has now categorised it it as multiple sites outbreak disease...

https://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs/article/2020/02/05/coronavirus-2019-ncov-l-epidemie-actuelle-nettement-plus-rapide-que-celle-du-sras-de-2003_6028532_4355770.html

2 very interesting graphs (can't copy them here) show a comparison between this Coronavirus and the SRAS in 2003. It shows the evolution of the disease within a month as day 0 = day WHO has been informed of outbreak.

The 2nd graph shows that this one is deadlier much more quickly than SRAS.

For the text you can google translate ?

On 2/5/2020 at 8:45 PM, Mister Woof said:

Taiwan news just reported that tencent may have accidentally released actual numbers, revealing 150k+ cases, 78k suspected, and 25k deaths, putting the mortality rate somewhere between 11-16%.

If it's real this is much more in the fork of what I've been expecting "numbers" speaking.

Just now, Cora_Lie said:

If it's real this is much more in the fork of what I've been expecting "numbers" speaking.

That's deadlier than SARS.

Means if I catch it, I'm fuckin dead.

Fuck 

My System: i7-8700k 5.0ghz All-core delidded @1.365v // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 // 32GB (4x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3466 OC // XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT RAW II // NZXT S340 White // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // Intel 660P 1TB NVME M.2 SSD/1TB Samsung 860 EVO/1TB 2.5" HGST HDD // Displays: ASUS VG248QE/Acer K242HYL/Acer K242HYL // Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard - Logitech G502 // Corsair H70 Gaming Headset

Wife's System: i7-8700 // Arctic Freezer 33 // Gigabyte Z390M Gaming // 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 // Sapphire Vega 64 // Thermaltake Versa H17 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // 1TB Samsung 860 EVO/500GB Silicon Power A55/4TB Western Digital HDD // Displays: ASUS VG245H/ASUS VP248Q // Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G602 // LG BDRW // NexStar 5.25" USB 3 Enclosure

TV Gamer: Ryzen 5 1600 3.9ghz All-core @1.39v // Wraith PRISM // Gigabyte B450 Aorus M // 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 // XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB XXX Edition // Thermaltake Versa H17 // Corsair Vengeance Silver 650W // 120GB Sandisk SSD/120GB PNY CS900/4TB Western Digital Blue // Display: 50" Westinghouse 1080p // Rii Wireless Mini Keyboard w/Touchpad/Xbox One Controllers

Son's System: i5-9400 // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 // 16GB GeIL Potenza DDR 3200 // ASUS RX 570 4GB OC // NZXT S340 Black // Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze // 525GB Crucial MX300/500GB Wester Digital Blue // Display: Dell P2417H - Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G203

Daughter's System: i3-8350k // Cooler Master i71c // MSI H310M Pro VDH-Plus // 16GB T-Force Vulkan 2666 (2400) // Zotac GTX 1060 3GB Mini // DarkFlash Micro ATX White // Corsair CX550 // 480GB PNY CS1311 SSD // Display: Scepter 20" 1080p - Logitech Keyboard and Mouse

Commodities are starting to run low over here as everyone have began hoarding food and healthcare products. There are now internal cases and I'm sitting on a pile of 3M Auras.

Mind you Avian Flu has been discovered in farms and 11 people have been infected with swine flu over in Taiwan.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2Ghz          Case: Antec P8     PSU: G.Storm GS850                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition @ 2Ghz

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

That's deadlier than SARS.

Means if I catch it, I'm fuckin dead.

Fuck 

Yeah, that's what I wrote in my previous post.

Plus, keep in mind that the numbers showed are the ones from February, 1st.

We are 4 days later... At the rate this disease is running...

BUT, from what I read in another article, it seems that this disease is more dangerous for Asian Males. It seems to have something to do with a protein in the lungs which is specifically targeted by the Coronavirus and that Asian Males have it more.

I need to find this article and link it.

Just now, Cora_Lie said:

BUT, from what I read in another article, it seems that this disease is more dangerous for Asian Males. It seems to have something to do with a protein in the lungs which is specifically targeted by the Coronavirus and that Asian Males have it more.

I think I saw the same article ... can't find it for now.

VPN server guide

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

On 2/5/2020 at 8:54 PM, Cora_Lie said:

Yeah, that's what I wrote in my previous post.

Plus, keep in mind that the numbers showed are the ones from February, 1st.

We are 4 days later... At the rate this disease is running...

I'm Chinese, 38, have htn and dm2.

Fuck my life.

Boys, legit never been this scared in my entire life.

5 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Boys, legit never been this scared in my entire life.

Well... Do you live in China ?

If so I think that the new hype for you is going to be the full stormtrooper or Darth Vader look! ?

9 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Well... Do you live in China ?

If so I think that the new hype for you is going to be the full stormtrooper or Darth Vader look! ?

California. They just shipped 350 people from wuhan about 20 miles away.

Stay at home, have family provide you food and:
image.thumb.png.419cdc47fcd068d340b5314245bf1c62.png

?

9 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

California. They just shipped 350 people from wuhan about 20 miles away.

They should be put in quarantine (that's what Canada is doing, so I hope other countries are doing the same).

Apart from that, stay at home as much as possible, protect yourself (mask, wash your hands often, carry disinfectant and clean you hands often, don't touch your face after you touched something in public, etc...)

VPN server guide

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

If this is true.....good Lord I don't even want to think about this.

More contagiojs than flu, more deadly than SARS.

I've seen that post on twitter more than a week ago

image.thumb.png.e7d5478687ca64651154bff6e12fd8ab.png

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2Ghz          Case: Antec P8     PSU: G.Storm GS850                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition @ 2Ghz