Audio Technica AD 700X Not loud enough

Darkblood

My ad 700x are very low i can just barley hear footsteps on r6 all sounds are at 100 

25 minutes ago, ShearMe said:

You need an amplifier for more volume, and at that point you might as well get a DAC/amp combo.

Options:

Syba DAC | FiiO E10k | Schiit Fulla 3

do i really cuz i cant even hear footsteps when my mother board can easily run these headphones my mother board is a x570 elite from gigabyte

55 minutes ago, Darkblood said:

My ad 700x are very low 

3 minutes ago, Darkblood said:

my mother board can easily run these headphones 

Now you're contradicting yourself.

Have you tried both the front panel jack and the rear? Some motherboards have a different amplifier per jack.If both are too quiet, and ALL sound settings are at 100, then yes, you need an amplifier.

1 hour ago, Darkblood said:

do i really cuz i cant even hear footsteps when my mother board can easily run these headphones my mother board is a x570 elite from gigabyte

if your motherboard had the abi;ity to "run" those headphones they would be loud enough

On 1/26/2020 at 5:05 PM, ShearMe said:

Now you're contradicting yourself.

Have you tried both the front panel jack and the rear? Some motherboards have a different amplifier per jack.If both are too quiet, and ALL sound settings are at 100, then yes, you need an amplifier.

but it says its able to power 600ohm its the ALC1200 and these headset is only 32

On 1/26/2020 at 6:08 PM, rice guru said:

if your motherboard had the abi;ity to "run" those headphones they would be loud enough

but it should since im only using 32 ohms and my motherboard is retailed at 600ohms

3 hours ago, Darkblood said:

but it should since im only using 32 ohms and my motherboard is retailed at 600ohms

Impedance ratings don't mean much. You really find out how weak or strong your motherboard is when you start. Really testing it with higher impedance headphones. But the ad 700x are pretty easy to run so. I would just say make sure that no audio enhancements are being made by your audio settings.

15 hours ago, rice guru said:

Impedance ratings don't mean much. You really find out how weak or strong your motherboard is when you start. Really testing it with higher impedance headphones. But the ad 700x are pretty easy to run so. I would just say make sure that no audio enhancements are being made by your audio settings.

no audio enhancements are on 

Don't forget the O2 amp. That's sets you back about 100 to 150 depending on options.  I have 56ohm superlux hd 668b and they definitely get a boost from the amp.  Other higher ohm stuff like 250 ohm dt 880 less so ..   

Am I mistaken to say that lower ohm headphones are harder to drive than higher ohms?   Thought that's how it worked. 

Just be careful.  Don't give yourself tinnitus.  

9 minutes ago, Matacks said:

Don't forget the O2 amp. That's sets you back about 100 to 150 depending on options.  I have 56ohm superlux hd 668b and they definitely get a boost from the amp.  Other higher ohm stuff like 250 ohm dt 880 less so ..   

Am I mistaken to say that lower ohm headphones are harder to drive than higher ohms?   Thought that's how it worked. 

Just be careful.  Don't give yourself tinnitus.  

you know any cheap amps that would be good?

9 minutes ago, Darkblood said:

you know any cheap amps that would be good?

Well other poster mentioned fiio e10k.   This should be less than 02 amp.  I have the most basic O2 amp..   

2 minutes ago, Matacks said:

Well other poster mentioned fiio e10k.   This should be less than 02 amp.  I have the most basic O2 amp..   if I use a dac I go for the cheapest $10 one possible that looks like tiny black box with inputs/outputs on Amazon.  It's not really needed because my mobo has digital audio out anyway but I don't use it.   The amp is really just a practical peice for headphones that need it.

any i could get for like 40-50$

1 minute ago, Darkblood said:

any i could get for like 40-50$

Sure man, you gotta go bargain hunting.  eBay/Amazon..   the 02 amp I got was kinda a deal because it's a crappy older one with power port on the front that looks bad but it works fine..  

Just now, Matacks said:

Sure man, you gotta go bargain hunting.  eBay/Amazon..   the 02 amp I got was kinda a deal because it's a crappy older one with power port on the front that looks bad but it works fine..  

ok thank you for your help

those headphones should run off 99.9% anything

there is something else wrong here

On 1/28/2020 at 3:00 AM, rice guru said:

there has to be something else wrong here

wrong port?

51 minutes ago, pas008 said:

those headphones should run off 99.9% anything

there is something else wrong here

Could be OP's ears ?

E10K is powerfull enough to power high impedance headphones like the DT880 but it comes down to effieciency too. I don't need to crank up the volume when using my Amiron Home whereas I have to when using DT880. Your AD700X is 38ohm? It should be easy to drive it using the motherboard audio but it depents on which games you play. NFSHP2010 and GTA SA their volume is extremely high while GTAV is just mute.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280