New PC is nothing but trouble

PenguinMaster

I recently built my new gaming pc and its been nothing but trouble. On startup the monitor will wake up for a second, display the motherboard splash screen and then go into sleep mode, the peripherals will stay on though however. This happens on every startup and I need to restart the computer. After the restart, the display stays on and the motherboard splash screen and the windows 10's spinning wheel shows. Then the computer will work correctly most of the time after this, however sometimes the mouse randomly starts spazzing out, it stutters all around the screen (ex: the mouse will get stuck horizontal and so I can't move it vertical). I've tried plugging in different mice, and it seems to work properly, so I thought "maybe this could be a mouse related issue", (I have a  MadCatz Rat.T.E.) I uninstalled all the MadCatz software and drivers, unplugged the mouse and rebooted the computer. Same startup issues, this time with no mouse issues so far. So I thought "maybe there could be something wrong with the motherboard and the mouse", so I tried the mouse on another computer, and it works completely fine, so there's nothing wrong with the mouse. I still think there could be something wrong with the motherboard however. But I don't know at this point.

Another issue is that if you put the computer into Sleep Mode, the Monitor wont wake up from sleep mode, but the peripherals will, so I need to restart the system to get the monitor to finally wake up, and then the whole cycle starts again.

Pls help. Thanks.

Click on "my new gaming pc" to see my pc spec list if you need that.

The Intel 660p is the boot drive.

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Update motherboard BIOS. Also, did you enable the XMP profile for your ram? If so, disable it for now.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

43 minutes ago, Juular said:

Did you update UEFI ?

3 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

Update motherboard BIOS. Also, did you enable the XMP profile for your ram? If so, disable it for now.

The BIOS update seems to have really helped, the only issue i'm having now is that neither my keyboard or mouse can wake the computer from sleep mode, you have to use the power button on the pc. "allow this device to wake the computer" is enabled though?

2 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

The BIOS update seems to have really helped, the only issue i'm having now is that neither my keyboard or mouse can wake the computer from sleep mode, you have to use the power button on the pc. "allow this device to wake the computer" is enabled though?

Look for similar settings in your BIOS:

resume-from-s3.png.a2eba6f9ee8a5e6107856674fa9468af.png

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

7 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

Look for similar settings in your BIOS:

resume-from-s3.png.a2eba6f9ee8a5e6107856674fa9468af.png

That was it! They where all set to "disabled". Thanks!