Device switching problems

SkyKnight

Hi guys and gals.  The problem I'm having is trying to switch back and forth from my headphones to my speakers.  It seems to never just work and go smoothly. I always have to go into setting and switch things around or set things back to default.  I stream with my girlfriend and we sit right next to each other and the headphones are really a necessity for streaming, but when we're not streaming my computer is out main way of ingesting media content so the speakers are a must have.  I'm hoping there is a simple fix in windows 10 for switching between two audio sources, but baring that hopefully there is a cheap or free program that can accomplish what I'm looking to do.  Currently I have an S.M.S.l amp going to a few Klipsch speakers. the amp is connected through USB.  I have Corsair Virtuoso RGB wireless headphones. I currently use them wireless through the USB.  They seem to give me even more problems when I don't use the head phones wireless.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need this fixed so bad, I'm not even going to plug our twitch stream, and I plug it ever chance I get. I'm a bit like Linus when it come to that.

3 minutes ago, SkyKnight said:

Hi guys and gals.  The problem I'm having is trying to switch back and forth from my headphones to my speakers.  It seems to never just work and go smoothly. I always have to go into setting and switch things around or set things back to default.  I stream with my girlfriend and we sit right next to each other and the headphones are really a necessity for streaming, but when we're not streaming my computer is out main way of ingesting media content so the speakers are a must have.  I'm hoping there is a simple fix in windows 10 for switching between two audio sources, but baring that hopefully there is a cheap or free program that can accomplish what I'm looking to do.  Currently I have an S.M.S.l amp going to a few Klipsch speakers. the amp is connected through USB.  I have Corsair Virtuoso RGB wireless headphones. I currently use them wireless through the USB.  They seem to give me even more problems when I don't use the head phones wireless.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need this fixed so bad, I'm not even going to plug our twitch stream, and I plug it ever chance I get. I'm a bit like Linus when it come to that.

There is a program for Windows called NirCmd which I use to switch between my speakers and DAC for headphones and it seems to work pretty well. You can create a folder with shortcuts and create a Quick Link thingy on your task bar for it.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM