Cryptocurrency

Is it possible to exchange one cryptocurrency for another?

Edited by wkdpaul

Maybe. You need a willing buyer. Because crypto are not legal tenders, it has no legal status to settle out going debt in court like say during bankruptcy or when debtor sue you. As a result people are not forced accept this currency and its solvency depends on how much people are trading it for real currency. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

You can exchange literally anything for anything else as long as you find someone who wants the deal.

If you cant find a person willing to exchange you could always cash out what you have and buy the other crypto with that money.

There are plenty of platforms that have some currency for each one where u can trade, use one that u think is fair.

I agree with TudorMN. You can not only sell cryptocurrency to someone, but also exchange it using the service. 
I think there are a lot of them. For example, one of these http://robopay.com/

* thread moved to the appropriate section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

• 5 weeks later...

There are quite a few exchanges out there, but most are KYC and that is getting more of the norm every day... BISQ is fantastic if you want to exchange anonymously (more so than a standard exchange)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As many people advise, I would also like to advise - do not chase for a super price when exchanging. To be more precise, look for a profitable place, but be careful. A lot of sites are fake, incorrect, or completely fraudulent. There are several time-tested sites, which have long been exchanging. 

• 2 weeks later...

you can use a lot of exchanges for changing out your crypto. the easiest is changelly they do almost all crypto and the fee is next to nill. For all my mining profits I use kraken because they do most currencies and the fees are minimal and i can convert my profits to fiat currency (USD, EUR, exc)

Converting your crypto to like USD is usually a involved process because there is verifications that need to be done by most exchanges. Most of my money i just convert to BTC and hold and only sell off a little at a time as i need to buy stuff.