Will ddrescue recover a blu-ray disk?

I have a scratched up blu-ray disk of a film and, rather than having to buy a new one, I'd like to use ddrescue to copy an ISO image and burn to a new disk for personal use (as is my right under Canadian law).  I don't need to break the copy protection, I just need a bit-for-bit copy of the disk that will play without skipping from the scratches. 

Would it suffice to use ddrescue and directly burn the resulting ISO image?

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

If the scratch is causing issues in playback, then it is likely to cause issues in creating the image as the drive would have issues reading the scratched areas on the disc which means creating a bit for bit image would be impossible (and I'm certain that you would need to remove the copy protection to even create the image file as that is what copy protection is for).

2 hours ago, demonix00 said:

the drive would have issues reading the scratched areas

I kind of figure, but that's what ddrescue is supposed to be for.  If I rewind and play it back several times, then sometimes it works just fine; just a few areas of the disk that are tricky. 

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.