Constant Blue Screens

Zalosath

Hi there, 

I've recently upgraded my computer and I'm having endless problems with it. 

It's ever since I installed my Vega 56 graphics card (preowned but fully tested in my brothers system, where it works perfectly)

I have constant blue screen issues, they usually come from different sources and I just can't get to the bottom of it.

Here is a list of all the errors I've received:

(All Stop codes)

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Twice but with dxgkrnl.sys failing the first time, and no info on the second blue screen)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP (FLTMGR.sys failed)

It's got increasingly worse over time and I'm starting to think my SSD is corrupted. But I really want a second opinion on this first because the drivers for the Vega 56 took me 2 days to install. (Again, endless problems with that too). Also, my computer appears to be slower despite *drastically* upgrading my system. I went from:

fx8600 (something in that series) 8 core 3.5ghz

16gb hyper x fury (not even sure of the speed there)

GTX 970

I do not even know what the motherboard was as it was so old.

to:

Ryzen 5 2600x @ 3.6GHz 

16GB Corsair Vengeance (3666MHz)

Vega 5

B450 Tomahawk mobo

Hope someone can assist. Thanks.

Main PC [ CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D with H150i ELITE CAPPELIX  GPU Nvidia 3090 FE  MBD ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A  RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB@5600MHz  PSU HX1000i  Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic  Monitor LG UltraGear 1440p 32" Nano IPS@180Hz  Keyboard Keychron Q6 with Kailh Box Switch Jade  Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight  Microphone Shure SM7B with Cloudlifter & GoXLR ]

Server [ CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G  GPU Intel ARC A380  RAM Corsair VEGEANCE LPX 64GB  Storage 16TB EXOS ]

Phone [ Google Pixel 8 Pro, 256GB, Snow ]

Use some older stable gpu drivers I've been having some issues with my 5700xt on the latest drivers had to revert to some drivers from December 2018 to get it sort of working properly

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Strix x470F Ram: G.skill Trident Z RGB 16GB GPU: Powercolor RX5700XT Red Devil 8GB Cooler: Cooler Master ML240L RGB Case: NZXT H500i Storage: 500GB NVMe SSD 3TB Spinning Rust PSU: EVGA 650w B2

Also consider reformatting your drive if you have built a new system.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Strix x470F Ram: G.skill Trident Z RGB 16GB GPU: Powercolor RX5700XT Red Devil 8GB Cooler: Cooler Master ML240L RGB Case: NZXT H500i Storage: 500GB NVMe SSD 3TB Spinning Rust PSU: EVGA 650w B2

1 minute ago, sallamby said:

Also consider reformatting your drive if you have built a new system.

I reformatted my SSD to reinstall Windows. Seems I've fixed the problem (but I can't be certain it hasn't been long) and it was caused by MSI's Mystic Light. I'll post an update if it happens again.

Main PC [ CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D with H150i ELITE CAPPELIX  GPU Nvidia 3090 FE  MBD ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A  RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB@5600MHz  PSU HX1000i  Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic  Monitor LG UltraGear 1440p 32" Nano IPS@180Hz  Keyboard Keychron Q6 with Kailh Box Switch Jade  Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight  Microphone Shure SM7B with Cloudlifter & GoXLR ]

Server [ CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G  GPU Intel ARC A380  RAM Corsair VEGEANCE LPX 64GB  Storage 16TB EXOS ]

Okay, so this has not fixed my problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Try MemTest86, https://www.memtest86.com/  Maybe your memory stick is bad,

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:ASRock Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB Phantom Gaming D OC

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

First - never try to re/install Windows if you're not sure that your hardware is working good. You may end with worse results and/or lost ability to diagnose problem.

If you must install new Windows for check is this system fault - do it using another drive.

Advice about ram is good - test it. Or at least try to boot with only single ram.

22 hours ago, JoshB2084 said:

Try MemTest86, https://www.memtest86.com/  Maybe your memory stick is bad,

6 hours ago, homeap5 said:

First - never try to re/install Windows if you're not sure that your hardware is working good. You may end with worse results and/or lost ability to diagnose problem.

If you must install new Windows for check is this system fault - do it using another drive.

Advice about ram is good - test it. Or at least try to boot with only single ram.

I ran memtest and it says FAILED. 

https://imgur.com/a/aRB8Msl

The results are posted above. 

Should I RMA this RAM? It's under lifetime warranty.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, homeap5 said:

First try to re-seat it. Remove and insert them again.

Okay, I have attempted this and still experiencing blue screens.

Is it possible that the temperature is causing the crashes? My CPU is getting to about 70 degrees, same for RAM and Graphics Card.

• 1 year later...
On 1/29/2020 at 12:45 PM, Zalosath said:

Okay, I have attempted this and still experiencing blue screens.

Is it possible that the temperature is causing the crashes? My CPU is getting to about 70 degrees, same for RAM and Graphics Card.

Did you find any solution? I basically have the exact same setup (Ryzen 3600 instead of 2600, but also the Vega 56, 16GB Vengeance RAM, MSI B450 etc.) and I'm experiencing the exact same issues. No solution has ever worked. In a German forum many people suggested a new power supply as my previous seemed to be to weak. But even with 850 Corsair it won't work out. Still tons of BSOD's, especially the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH...

I also ran Memtest (no errors at all), used different modes for the RAM, reset Windows and all Drivers.

13 hours ago, benve said:

Did you find any solution? I basically have the exact same setup (Ryzen 3600 instead of 2600, but also the Vega 56, 16GB Vengeance RAM, MSI B450 etc.) and I'm experiencing the exact same issues. No solution has ever worked. In a German forum many people suggested a new power supply as my previous seemed to be to weak. But even with 850 Corsair it won't work out. Still tons of BSOD's, especially the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH...

I also ran Memtest (no errors at all), used different modes for the RAM, reset Windows and all Drivers.

Hi,

The problem for me was actually the drive I had windows installed onto, it was failing and I didn't realise. You should check your drive 🙂

57 minutes ago, Zalosath said:

Hi,

The problem for me was actually the drive I had windows installed onto, it was failing and I didn't realise. You should check your drive 🙂

I have a brand new WD Black NVME. I can not imagine this is the problem and I checked the file system for corruption very often. Nevertheless I'll try my 2. drive, thanks!