Quite low FPS

Rotta

Specs:

GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X OC'd to 4.0Ghz

MOBO: Asus ROG Strix B350-F

PSU: Corsair VS550 80 Plus White 

In CSGO, my FPS sometimes goes to below 140, sometimes 120. I know this is fine etc, but this FPS is lower than I had before with my older GPU.

Yes I have recording on and I had recording on with my old GPU as well. When I had my old GPU I hadn't overclocked my CPU at all, but im getting lower frames now?

I benchmarked with Unigine, GPU performance was fine at 100% load at all times.

what was your last GPU? did you use DDU to remove old drivers?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

what was your last GPU? did you use DDU to remove old drivers?

Well last time I did it no, I didnt DDU my drivers, because I did not see any difference.

My last GPU was R9 380

EDIT: My GPU barely uses 40% in CSGO

2 minutes ago, Rotta said:

Well last time I did it no, I didnt DDU my drivers, because I did not see any difference.

My last GPU was R9 380

EDIT: My GPU barely uses 40% in CSGO

Does sound like a GPU driver problem honestly, underutilization is one of the more annoying software related issues.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Does sound like a GPU driver problem honestly, underutilization is one of the more annoying software related issues.

Yeah, thats why I kinda wanted to go NVIDIA. AMDs 19.12.1 to 20.1.2 its been a huge roller coaster.

5 minutes ago, Rotta said:

Yeah, thats why I kinda wanted to go NVIDIA. AMDs 19.12.1 to 20.1.2 its been a huge roller coaster.

Well you would want to use DDU especially if you switched to Nvidia so either way it's recommended your remove your old drivers.

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Well you would want to use DDU especially if you switched to Nvidia so either way it's recommended your remove your old drivers.

Yeah Ill give it a shot, I read that 19.7.5 was the best for someone. Any recommendations for the RX 5700 XT?

2 minutes ago, Rotta said:

Yeah Ill give it a shot, I read that 19.7.5 was the best for someone. Any recommendations for the RX 5700 XT?

I don't have personal experience with different versions unfortunately but starting with an older driver version first seems like a better idea, and if you get satisfactory results you can stick with it

Primary PC:

17 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I don't have personal experience with different versions unfortunately but starting with an older driver version first seems like a better idea, and if you get satisfactory results you can stick with it

Ok so GPU scaling is turned off on default, isnt it supposed to be on?

When I used 19.12.1 - 20.1.3, my resolution got stuck to 1050p until I re-enabled GPU scaling. Every time I booted it turned off GPU scaling. My PC wouldn't display anything on first attempt, always had to hard reset. After every reset I had to re-enable GPU scaling.

6 minutes ago, Rotta said:

When I used 19.12.1 - 20.1.3, my resolution got stuck to 1050p until I re-enabled GPU scaling. Every time I booted it turned off GPU scaling. My PC wouldn't display anything on first attempt, always had to hard reset. After every reset I had to re-enable GPU scaling.

What about windows display settings?

Primary PC:

I don't think you'll manage to make use of the full 5700XT in CSGO with a 1600x. I found with my old 1600x in titles running older engines the single core performance was a bottleneck even with my vega so i'd imagine it would be worse with a 5700xt.

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

What about windows display settings?

It displayed my max/recommended resolution as 1050p 60hz. My resolution went up when i booted in safe mode.

2 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

I don't think you'll manage to make use of the full 5700XT in CSGO with a 1600x. I found with my old 1600x in titles running older engines the single core performance was a bottleneck even with my vega so i'd imagine it would be worse with a 5700xt.

yeah but clocked to 4.0Ghz? Its performance is quite close to the stock R5 3600, and yeah, im considering an upgrade.

3 minutes ago, Rotta said:

yeah but clocked to 4.0Ghz?

I ran mine at 4150MHz and there's a massive difference.