Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RDX113NJ

Question regarding 5600XT/motherboard compatibility

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I've been planning my first build for about a month. Wanna do a $500 budget build starting with Ryzen 5 3400G and adding GPU later. I noticed the 5600XT needs a PCIE 4.0, 

Am I correct these need a 570 motherboard and not compatible with B450 PCIE 3.0?

Just now, RDX113NJ said:

So I've been planning my first build for about a month. Wanna do a $500 budget build starting with Ryzen 5 3400G and adding GPU later. I noticed the 5600XT needs a PCIE 4.0, 

Am I correct these need a 570 motherboard and not compatible with B450 PCIE 3.0?

No , the b450 board will work just fine. 
Pcie 4.0 is backward compatible with pcie3.0 and even below.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz  |  CM Hyper 212 Black  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

11 minutes ago, Whiro said:

No , the b450 board will work just fine. 
Pcie 4.0 is backward compatible with pcie3.0 and even below.

Ok thank you. I thought I would need a 570 board which kind of kills the budget part of the build.

Just now, RDX113NJ said:

needs a PCIE 4.0, 

Other than a handful of SSDs not many things in the market use PCIE 4, which is unlikely to change unless, NVIDIA suddenly decides they are gonna make truly 4.0 cards, which doesn't seem like near future.
The fact that they say their cards need 4.0 is a mere marketing strat so that people buy amd cpus with amd cards

HI, if you liked what i said then please like

Thank you. That's a relief not to have to double my motherboard budget or limit my GPU options in the future. I'm totally new to this and appreciate the information.