Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aeyesi

Looking for waterblock for my 5700XT

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Uh hey,

Need a tip guys,

I am desperately seeking for a waterblock for my 5700XT which is "Radeon™ RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G (GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD)"

and seemingly there just isn't one... I should have picked a ref. card but heck too late... I already applied grizzly conductonaut and building much more serious airflow so it can breathe

but water cooling would still be better for this inferno.

 

Do you know if there's any or possibly some compatible block ?

Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Coolers that only connect to the screw holes around the core like the NZXT G12 + AIO for CPUs or Raijintek Morpheus II or Arctic Accelero lineup?


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Not sure if those will be sufficient? I took this few weeks ago ... apparently there were some extra ones hmm

82047716_2883610431701036_589932694616408064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=zscT1HpqDjQAX-Wq4Fn&_nc_ht=scontent-prg1-1.xx&oh=e2c7a2d636c12574a12dea32e10d86c6&oe=5E92C83F

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 5700xt doesn’t need water cooling providing your case is properly setup with good airflow. Fix your case airflow before throwing more money at the 5700xt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
19 hours ago, ChaosClarity said:

The 5700xt doesn’t need water cooling providing your case is properly setup with good airflow. Fix your case airflow before throwing more money at the 5700xt.

I don't have problem to cool it down (As I mentioned above I already own one), but I was thinking about lowering overall noise levels by making custom water loop thru CPU and GPU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aeyesi said:

I don't have problem to cool it down (As I mentioned above I already own one), but I was thinking about lowering overall noise levels by making custom water loop thru CPU and GPU.

Is the lower noise really worth almost $200 to you? (that's what I got when pricing for upgrading my reference to watercooled less than 2 months ago)


CPURyzen 5 3600 Cooler: GAMMAXX 400 with dual Arcic P12 PWM RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3600CL16 @3800CL16 MoboASRock X570M Pro4

Graphics Card: ASRock Reference RX 5700 XT Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M Monitor: MSI Optix MAG241C Case Fans: 3x Arctic P12 PWM

Storage: Mushkin ECO2 512GB SSD, HP EX900 1TB NVMe, dual Constellation ES 2GB in RAID1

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aeyesi said:

I don't have problem to cool it down (As I mentioned above I already own one), but I was thinking about lowering overall noise levels by making custom water loop thru CPU and GPU.

You could just buy a block and mod it to fit on the die.

 

Jayztwocents did a video about this with a 2080ti iirc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

You could just buy a block and mod it to fit on the die.

 

Jayztwocents did a video about this with a 2080ti iirc.

As the guy before mentioned, getting expensive block just to modify it... meh thats not gonna work.. :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aeyesi said:

As the guy before mentioned, getting expensive block just to modify it... meh thats not gonna work.. :D 

You can get a block for pretty cheap. Much cheaper then the gpu block you would buy if there was one availble. You can get a name brand block for $70. Mich cheaper then a gpu block.

 

And if you get one that has flexible mounting you dont have to mod it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 1/27/2020 at 1:02 AM, RonnieOP said:

You can get a block for pretty cheap. Much cheaper then the gpu block you would buy if there was one availble. You can get a name brand block for $70. Mich cheaper then a gpu block.

 

And if you get one that has flexible mounting you dont have to mod it.

Sorry for late response... EKWB confirmed they have no such block nor planning for that my exact model... so.... I put the idea to ice for a while, improving case airflow with 2x 140mm Noctua fans just becauz.... anyway... do you have example of such block? How about other parts of the GPU that needs to be cooled and are cooled by default by the heatsink? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Aeyesi said:

Sorry for late response... EKWB confirmed they have no such block nor planning for that my exact model... so.... I put the idea to ice for a while, improving case airflow with 2x 140mm Noctua fans just becauz.... anyway... do you have example of such block? How about other parts of the GPU that needs to be cooled and are cooled by default by the heatsink? 

look up the jayztwocents video where he did it with a 2080ti (or maybe 2080 cant remember) but i think he brought up that the vrms would be fine with just case airflow. assuming you had good case airflow.

 

You just need a block that has mounting spots that align with the mounting holes around the gpu die.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×