Small 4 pin RGB light?

Bitter

I'm having a hard time finding a specific product. I want a small 4 pin (12V) RGB light to connect to a motherboard header for an external CPU temperature indicator on the outside of a case. I don't want a big long strip that's cut down, I'm looking for a more finished looking product like maybe a small diffused device in a plastic housing with a nice cable on it. I don't know quite where to look for something like that, when I'm searching Amazon and eBay I must not be hitting the right keywords. Any suggestions?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

I'm having a hard time finding a specific product. I want a small 4 pin (12V) RGB light to connect to a motherboard header for an external CPU temperature indicator on the outside of a case. I don't want a big long strip that's cut down, I'm looking for a more finished looking product like maybe a small diffused device in a plastic housing with a nice cable on it. I don't know quite where to look for something like that, when I'm searching Amazon and eBay I must not be hitting the right keywords. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Constantin said:

I said I don't want strips or to cut down a strip, I'm just going to assume you didn't understand what I was asking since you linked Amazon Germany and English may not be your best language.

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

I want a small 4 pin (12V) RGB light to connect to a motherboard header for an external CPU temperature indicator on the outside of a case.

I've looked for something similar in the past and couldn't find it either.

I don't know why they don't make stuff like that when they seem to make every other kind of nonsense.

1 minute ago, Intergalacticbits said:

I've looked for something similar in the past and couldn't find it either.

I don't know why they don't make stuff like that when they seem to make every other kind of nonsense.

Same. I'll keep looking and post anything I find. I thought about building something but I'm going to need to do some learning first. I'd be OK with a small LED surface mounted in the case itself like the front IO and power button panel.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/through-hole/5mm-rgb-clear-tricolor-led-wide-angle/977/

Something like that LED with a small buck driver to drop voltage to the correct level from 12V that the RGB header puts out, but I'm assuming that the 4 pin header controls the separate colors by giving them ground?  Assuming with electronics leads to the magic smoke coming out of them, I've learned this the hard way.

I guess new question is, anyone know how 4 pin RGB controls the colors? There's 12V (positive) and then R, G, B channels. Are the color channels grounded to turn on the colors and then grounded at different amounts to turn on the separate colors inside the LED?

8 hours ago, Bitter said:

Same. I'll keep looking and post anything I find. I thought about building something but I'm going to need to do some learning first. I'd be OK with a small LED surface mounted in the case itself like the front IO and power button panel.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/through-hole/5mm-rgb-clear-tricolor-led-wide-angle/977/

Something like that LED with a small buck driver to drop voltage to the correct level from 12V that the RGB header puts out, but I'm assuming that the 4 pin header controls the separate colors by giving them ground?  Assuming with electronics leads to the magic smoke coming out of them, I've learned this the hard way.

I guess new question is, anyone know how 4 pin RGB controls the colors? There's 12V (positive) and then R, G, B channels. Are the color channels grounded to turn on the colors and then grounded at different amounts to turn on the separate colors inside the LED?

there are argb defused strips but don't no about rgb hmm maybe nzxt sells an defused rgb strip

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

there are argb defused strips but don't no about rgb hmm maybe nzxt sells an defused rgb strip

Since I want the light on the outside of the case I'd like to avoid a strip. I think I'm going to try carefully probing the 4 pin RGB header on the board to see what's doing what and then determine if I can execute my plan to just pop a 5mm diffused RGB LED into the front panel to have rough indication of CPU temperature. I told her as long as it's green or blue it's OK, if it's red then I need to see the PC to clean it for her and check it over.

28 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Since I want the light on the outside of the case I'd like to avoid a strip. I think I'm going to try carefully probing the 4 pin RGB header on the board to see what's doing what and then determine if I can execute my plan to just pop a 5mm diffused RGB LED into the front panel to have rough indication of CPU temperature. I told her as long as it's green or blue it's OK, if it's red then I need to see the PC to clean it for her and check it over.

oh i think i get it now and it looks like you do to so gl.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links