5.1 Speakers on ASUS Prime B450-Plus

jim_rainor
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

All analogue inputs and outputs can be reconfigured to have various roles.

If you select 5.1 from the control panel / application that comes with the sound card drivers, the Line In and Microphone jacks in the back switch roles to side speakers and center/bass channels.

There may also be some way to manually select which jack does something. In my application, there's a picture of the analogue connectors on the side and I can double click a jack that has something plugged into it and I can select "This is microphone" or "This is bass and center speaker"

The onboard sound card actually supports 7.1 ... if you select that mode, you have to connect 2 or 4 speakers to the front panel connectors (the headphones and microphone jacks in the front)

Hey guys,

I got a ryzen 3600 recently and decided to get the Asus Prime B450-Plus motherboard. What I didn't realize is that it seems like it doesn't support 5.1 audio?

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B450-PLUS/specifications/

There is no specific mentioning of It on the spec page, but it only has three audio jacks, one of which is line in. Is there something I'm missing or do I need to buy an audio card just to get this to work?

If so, any recommendations? Doesn't need to be super fancy, but I would like it to work without playing around with drivers for too long.

Thanks!

All analogue inputs and outputs can be reconfigured to have various roles.

If you select 5.1 from the control panel / application that comes with the sound card drivers, the Line In and Microphone jacks in the back switch roles to side speakers and center/bass channels.

There may also be some way to manually select which jack does something. In my application, there's a picture of the analogue connectors on the side and I can double click a jack that has something plugged into it and I can select "This is microphone" or "This is bass and center speaker"

The onboard sound card actually supports 7.1 ... if you select that mode, you have to connect 2 or 4 speakers to the front panel connectors (the headphones and microphone jacks in the front)

Thanks a lot. Glad I posted here before buying a sound card I don't need!

• 1 year later...
On 1/25/2020 at 1:05 PM, jim_rainor said:

Thanks a lot. Glad I posted here before buying a sound card I don't need!

How did you manage to set it up? I can't find even where to tweak the settings I need