Hooking Up Speakers To PC And TV

CreatingTheBestSetup
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

Depends on the set up, but for a TV/living room space, you'll probably want a A/V Receiver if you ever plan on doing surround sound: https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V385-5-1-Channel-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B07BNXXJKB/ref=sr_1_5?crid=W6WR4WO7K5WK&keywords=av+receiver&qid=1579975904&sprefix=av+re%2Caps%2C157&sr=8-5

There are cheap little physical switches you can get for Stereo audio if your setup is simple: https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Audio-Switcher-Selector-Splitter/dp/B07Q1W4484?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Right now I am planning to create the best setup for gaming and entertainment. I'm going to have both a high quality gaming PC and 4k TV in the room, but I only want one pair of speakers for both of them. I'm pretty new to audio and was wondering what kind of tech I needed to be able to switch the audio input to the speakers from the TV and PC when needed. Also, if you have a favorite sound system or any ideas to help me create the best setup possible, please let me know.

5 minutes ago, CreatingTheBestSetup said:

Right now I am planning to create the best setup for gaming and entertainment. I'm going to have both a high quality gaming PC and 4k TV in the room, but I only want one pair of speakers for both of them. I'm pretty new to audio and was wondering what kind of tech I needed to be able to switch the audio input to the speakers from the TV and PC when needed. Also, if you have a favorite sound system or any ideas to help me create the best setup possible, please let me know.

The issue isn’t switching sound systems, it’s really easy in windows, it’s where your center speakers are. I have really nice speakers, but my tv is a 90 degree turn to my pc, so if I use my computer speakers the center channel comes from my left. The best solution I’ve found is HDMI to your tv (for hidef audio) and a decent sound bar.

@Sorenson Doesnt really explain how to have both go to the speaker, so i will. You simply need a Splitter. Plug the PC and the TV into the splitter, then plug the one plug into the speaker.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

The easiest solution would be to use a pair of powered speakers that has multiple inputs.  I have a pair of these Edifiers in my office, my TV is connected to the optical input, my desktop to the RCAs, and use the Bluetooth for my laptop and phone.

https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-R1850DB-Bookshelf-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B073W1R4XQ/ref=pd_cp_147_4/143-8881498-7970637?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B073W1R4XQ&pd_rd_r=9b69d1cb-02fb-448f-8f17-f983df4a3a95&pd_rd_w=rMLkZ&pd_rd_wg=H69bP&pf_rd_p=592dc715-8438-4207-b7fa-4c7afdeb6112&pf_rd_r=JE7CH06DWBJ6205AM7QX&psc=1&refRID=JE7CH06DWBJ6205AM7QX