Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick H

Audio not working

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Audio in my headphones stopped working all of a sudden. I tried reinstalling all of the drivers, but nothing works. Restarted the system, Nothing. Checked audio connection in the system, nothing wrong with it.

I think the front panel audio jack is not working. is there a way to fix it?

 

UPDATE!!! ISSUE IS NOW RESOLVED! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible that you audio setting were change ( windows bugs )

 

Go

setting

system

sound

 

Try different setting -- Also in top right in same location , you have --> sound control panel .  You have more details there.

 

 

You can play music, and see if you get sound by changing things.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

 

13 hours ago, Zmax said:

Possible that you audio setting were change ( windows bugs )

 

Go

setting

system

sound

 

Try different setting -- Also in top right in same location , you have --> sound control panel .  You have more details there.

 

 

still doesnt work

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, ShearMe said:

What are your headphones? What are they plugged into?

I have MPOW H7 headphones. They're plugged into the front panel audio headphone jack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patrick H said:

I have MPOW H7 headphones. They're plugged into the front panel audio headphone jack.

Do you have anything else to test the port with? Some cheap earbuds... ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, ShearMe said:

Do you have anything else to test the port with? Some cheap earbuds... ?

yes. just tested with some earbuds. Still nothing

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patrick H said:

yes. just tested with some earbuds. Still nothing

 

Can you test the rear ports? Will probably have to switch the windows device

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, ShearMe said:

Can you test the rear ports? Will probably have to switch the windows device

nope. still nothing

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patrick H said:

nope. still nothing

 

Take a screen shot of your sound control panel. open up a command prompt, type in "control mmsys.cpl" and make sure you are on the "playback" tab

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, ShearMe said:

Take a screen shot of your sound control panel. open up a command prompt, type in "control mmsys.cpl" and make sure you are on the "playback" tab

1540882322_soundpanel2.PNG.f95a5477ac1bdec01b8bfc17f2409086.PNG

sound panel 1.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patrick H said:

1540882322_soundpanel2.PNG.f95a5477ac1bdec01b8bfc17f2409086.PNG

 

Are your headphones plugged in, in this picture? Currently your VG240Y display is getting audio signals, and your digital output (toslink maybe) is set as a headset for call applications like discord.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, ShearMe said:

Are your headphones plugged in, in this picture? Currently your VG240Y display is getting audio signals, and your digital output (toslink maybe) is set as a headset for call applications like discord.

soundpanel.PNG.630545ac18f0b1d713964045718d3d29.PNG woops. plugged them in, and set them as default audio device. still nothing working

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patrick H said:

soundpanel.PNG.630545ac18f0b1d713964045718d3d29.PNG woops. plugged them in, and set them as default audio device. still nothing working

Can you set them to just default everything to be sure nothing wonky is happening with the communications settings?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, ShearMe said:

Can you set them to just default everything to be sure nothing wonky is happening with the communications settings?

Alright. set it as default device. still nothing

Link to post
Share on other sites

Suggestion  get a USB sound card they are cheap around 10.00$ us . It will test you MB sound.  

 

You should be able to get one a local electronic store or flea market. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×