MSI b450 Tomahawk Max + Flare X cl14 3200MHz - not on QVL list?

Hi.
I found this B-die ram G.Skill Flare X (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) but the problem is that it does not appear on the MSI website on the QVL list: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX#support-mem-19
It's really confusing because on G.Skill website the MSI b450 Tomahawk Max is listed in the QVL for this ram: https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/170/1535961634/F4-3200C14D-16GFX-Qvl

Now which one to trust?

Even if it is supported, will it run 3200MHz? Does anybody have experience with this combination?

It doesn't matter if its on the list or not the worst thing that should happen that you should do anyways is set the timings manually 

QVL just means they have tested to validate it works together at advertised speeds and timings. Chances are that gskill tested the b450 motherboard and found that it worked but msi didn't test the ram on their motherboard. I would say you are going to be fine and don't worry about it too much. Worse case scenario it doesn't run at the exact speeds advertised and you have to run it a little slower but at that point it would likely be your cpus IMC that is holding you back in which case it doesn't matter what 3200mhz kit you get all of them will struggle to run at their rated speed. I would say that ryzen 3000 series have good IMCs in general and will generally run at rated ram speeds. Ryzen 1000 series have IMC issues and struggled hitting rates frequencies with most ram kits. Ryzen 2000 series were fairly good but still not as good as ryzen 3000 series.

24 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Worse case scenario it doesn't run at the exact speeds advertised and you have to run it a little slower

24 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

it doesn't matter what 3200mhz kit you get all of them will struggle to run at their rated speed.

Even if it's B-die?
Then I'd rather get Ripjaws V, which ate on the qvl and they suppose to run at 3200MHz out of the box.
Thank you anyways.

1 hour ago, parotia said:

Even if it's B-die?
Then I'd rather get Ripjaws V, which ate on the qvl and they suppose to run at 3200MHz out of the box.
Thank you anyways.

B die is known to hit its rated speed on 1000 series cpus and 2000 series cpus but honestly if you are buying 3000 series I wouldn't bother trying to find a b die kit as memory issues aren't much of a thing for 3000 series ryzen. 

1 hour ago, parotia said:

Even if it's B-die?
Thank you anyways.

Again its just a list you will get more performance by using something like Ryzen dram calculator 

G.Skill test it out then it should work, but sometimes  board manufacture may give users a hard time, when they use ram that is not on their QVL list.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

• 9 months later...

This is by far the best thread I have found on the topic. Still relevant today with zen 3.