Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lilboots2of4

Galaxy Tab A S-Pen

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I recently bought a Galaxy Tab A 10.5 2018 (SM-T597P) and want to get an S-Pen for it. The problem is I can't find anywhere saying what s-pens it is compatible with. I would prefer to get a samsung stylus if that is possible as opposed to an off-brand one.

Because an S-Pen is not compatible with this Tablet, as it does NOT has a "Digitizer".

You can use a cheap capazitive Pen, which will only "simulate" your Finger.

Or maybe third Party active styluses who use batteries + Bluetooth, and pray the Lag won't be too much.

If you want "real" S Pen support, and the S Pen experience, you would've need to buy a Tab S3 (not recommended. Old, no more updates, expensive), Tab S4 or Tab S6.

The cheapest Galaxy tablet that has stylus support is the Tab A 8" 2019 that comes with S Pen

Model number SM-P200 and SM-P205

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_a_8_0_&_s_pen_(2019)-9651.php

This what it looks like as an Amazon listing (notice the S pen and model number in the title. This is VERY important)

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-SM-P200-International-Version/dp/B07WNY43QL/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?keywords=tab%2B8s%2Bpen&qid=1579916399&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzT1czQTVTVEk3V0VFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDEwNTYzSlA3SlFESjlRWFBOJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyNjUzNDQxTFRZMTdaUExPR1hOJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

And before you ask, you cannot buy any regular Tab A and add an S pen separately.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.