4k 27" Productivity Monitor

duckypath
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,
7 minutes ago, kberes said:

BenQ EW3270U 32 Inch 4K HDR Monitor | FreeSync | USB-C Connectivity | Integrated Speakers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078HWBGH5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_K-0kEbN2SWB6J

any thoughts on this?

Only on benQ in general.

it and crossover and pixio are the classic Korean remarketers.  They built their companies buying factory seconds panels from Samsung and LG, and selling them at a lower price.

So basically it’s almost certainly going to be a Samsung/LG panel.  Which one I don’t know.

You may get a great deal that way.  The thing is the panel they are using somehow failed the Samsun/LG factory test.  You will want to look at the monitor actually on displaying a grey screen so you can look for things like dead pixels or light variance before you buy it. Or since it’s amazon, be ready to return it.  There may also be color issues.  I don’t know how to check for those without a meter though.

Hey all!

Sorry if this is a repeat, will delete if I am repeating an answered question (link to thread would be appreciated).

I am looking for a 27" monitor that will replace my 2 21.5". Mainly looking for 4k which is the important part with attention to color accuracy as well, but with a budget of <$350.

It will need to be on amazon (GC balance). Basically looking for someone that has had a good experience with a monitor. Color/Res. is important as my output work will be based on higher res. and color accuracy. 

Thank you in advance!

Oh and 32" would be better, but with my budget that's probably not possible.

This may be of quite limited use.  All I got personally though.  The problem is there are just a ton of models out there but a lot of them use panels from just a few companies so the variances are software and enclosure.  I took a peek at PcPartPicker.com

I’m seeing the https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JhkwrH/lg-monitor-27ud68w

as being well liked.  It’s $300.  I can’t attest to its quality though.  It might be a good price for that monitor is all. There could also be another reason I don’t know about, like it overclocking well or something.  Generally the Samsung and LG stuff tends to do a bit better because they’re the ones making the panels so they get first pick.  The off brand stuff can be just as good while being cheaper, but it tends to vary more by individual panel, so you might get a good one or a bad one.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, kberes said:

BenQ EW3270U 32 Inch 4K HDR Monitor | FreeSync | USB-C Connectivity | Integrated Speakers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078HWBGH5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_K-0kEbN2SWB6J

any thoughts on this?

Only on benQ in general.

it and crossover and pixio are the classic Korean remarketers.  They built their companies buying factory seconds panels from Samsung and LG, and selling them at a lower price.

So basically it’s almost certainly going to be a Samsung/LG panel.  Which one I don’t know.

You may get a great deal that way.  The thing is the panel they are using somehow failed the Samsun/LG factory test.  You will want to look at the monitor actually on displaying a grey screen so you can look for things like dead pixels or light variance before you buy it. Or since it’s amazon, be ready to return it.  There may also be color issues.  I don’t know how to check for those without a meter though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I'm using the LG 27UD68 happily for two years now. It's an amazing monitor and if you are cool with 60Hz it should do the trick for quite a while I believe