How can I do a stutter test for my system?

OnlyAxolotl

Are there any benchmarks that will test stuttering.

I have been having issue with electricity in my house and I need to make sure all my components are working as they should.

FPS is normal, but I want to test stutter. Uniengine has slight stutters on normal hardware so it inst a good test.

Anyone?

Are you on a desktop or laptop? 

IT would be rare for the computer to stutter due to electric problems. The power supply usually regulates it pretty well.

Unless you have some terrible phase power coming in, it shouldn't be a problem.

buy the game DayZ and play it...if you have stutter...that game will find it for you ;) 

2 minutes ago, Lazaro said:

Are you on a desktop or laptop? 

IT would be rare for the computer to stutter due to electric problems. The power supply usually regulates it pretty well.

Unless you have some terrible phase power coming in, it shouldn't be a problem.

Desktop. The electricity has been going on and on when my PC is on, and the lights flickering and making fans slow down. I made a perpetrate post detailing it if you wanted to get more info.

It's more a question of whether or not my components were damaged during these issues.

3 minutes ago, johndole25 said:

Desktop. The electricity has been going on and on when my PC is on, and the lights flickering and making fans slow down. I made a perpetrate post detailing it if you wanted to get more info.

It's more a question of whether or not my components were damaged during these issues.

How often is this happening? You're computer should be fine if it happens once or twice a week, but not if it keeps happening multiple times daily.

You'll most likely run into some data loss issue first.

Just now, Lazaro said:

How often is this happening? You're computer should be fine if it happens once or twice a week, but not if it keeps happening multiple times daily.

You'll most likely run into some data loss issue first.

It's happening lately every few days, with much smaller dips in the lights. In only dips to where the fans (ceiling fans etc) sort of rev down for a second or two at a time.

The PC never asctually goes off and I assume it's because of the large capacitor in my PSU keeping it alive during those incidents?

I just don't know if damage is grey like that. Can parts of a GPU break that woudl cause issues or do things just die?

The guy who hosts "Gamers Nexus"....he uses "stutter testing software"...not sure what it's called, but if you searched his website, https://www.gamersnexus.net/,  it would be listed there I bet.  You can capture the frame times in milliseconds...those peaks in the pic below are stutters...

image.png.a55f8327408ef4203e5b2973e59ae527.png

47 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

The guy who hosts "Gamers Nexus"....he uses "stutter testing software"...not sure what it's called, but if you searched his website, https://www.gamersnexus.net/,  it would be listed there I bet.  You can capture the frame times in milliseconds...those peaks in the pic below are stutters...

image.png.a55f8327408ef4203e5b2973e59ae527.png

Thanks, I use MSI afterburner to measure framtimes.

I'm more after a speciic benchmark that people know is "smooth" so to speak or at least very few stutters over large portions of modern hardware.

50 minutes ago, johndole25 said:

Thanks, I use MSI afterburner to measure framtimes.

I'm more after a speciic benchmark that people know is "smooth" so to speak or at least very few stutters over large portions of modern hardware.

Well, that's why I mentioned the game DayZ earlier...on completely modern hardware including GPU, CPU, RAM, SSD of the NVMe variety...it runs buttery smooth...if any of those components are lacking...stutters are noticeable.  I get what you are asking for, but I don't know of anything that can quantify stutters other than the piece of software that Gamers Nexus is using...