Suitable Wireless Peripherals for multi user office

danakahawkeye
Go to solution Solved by Stu_Bear,

Dell makes sweet/comfy wireless keyboard/mice...this set is only $58.99 on the amazon...we all use it at my job and we don't have issues of interference...now that I found it online so cheap I'm ordering a set for my house...it rocks my world ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-KM714-Wireless-Keyboard-5HT18/dp/B00DI79YUE/ref=asc_df_B00DI79YUE/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309773039951&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17624436672522430865&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012821&hvtargid=pla-406164334033&psc=1

Hi all,

I have been tasked with designing the layout of my workplaces new office building, one requirement that my manager has given me is that each user needs to have a wireless keyboard and mouse, this does raise the concern of cross communication between each set. Can anyone advise on a suitable choice for this situation, we have 8 users who are always within 10m of each other. None of our PCs have Bluetooth so they need to be a USB dongle (Also thanks to our IT provider other than me we have no admin rights on any PC [They got bored of me phoning constantly] so we can't install a USB bluetooth dongle). Each set can not be too expensive either (Preferably less than £60 [$79] per set), we have a very small budget to fit out the full office.

Thanks,

Dan

PC:

CPU:  Intel Core i7 10700k (Currently at 4.7Ghz All Cores) | Motherboard: AsRock Z490 Extreme 4  | RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA | Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius S36 | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P600S  | PSU: Corsair RM850X | Storage: 512GB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD, 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Peripherals:

Monitors: Acer XV272UP, 2x Acer KG221Q, HTC Vive Headset  | Keyboard: AFXMK0217 | Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 | Sound: Logitech Z313, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 OHM (Studio) |

Other Inputs:  Saitek X52 Hotas, Steam Controller, XBox One Controller, Valve Index Controllers

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

PC gamer and Hobbyist Electrical Engineer and Full Time Product Engineer

5 minutes ago, danakahawkeye said:

Hi all,

I have been tasked with designing the layout of my workplaces new office building, one requirement that my manager has given me is that each user needs to have a wireless keyboard and mouse, this does raise the concern of cross communication between each set. Can anyone advise on a suitable choice for this situation, we have 8 users who are always within 10m of each other. None of our PCs have Bluetooth so they need to be a USB dongle (Also thanks to our IT provider other than me we have no admin rights on any PC [They got bored of me phoning constantly] so we can't install a USB bluetooth dongle). Each set can not be too expensive either (Preferably less than £60 [$79] per set), we have a very small budget to fit out the full office.

Thanks,

Dan

Most if not all wireless keyboards/mice come paired to the dongle supplied. I work in a similar surrounding and no one has ever had the problem of cross communication between devices.

This is the set my office uses:

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-MK550-Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse/dp/B003VAHYNC

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x (4.3GHz)  |  GPU: MSI 1070 Ti Duke  |  MotherboardASUS Prime X570-Pro  |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200 32GB

As far as I know 2.4 GHz USB dongles work by directional beams, so don't put people in straight line behind each other and you should be ok...or use some kind of wall, it pretty much blocks the signal...fish tank might look good, should also block the signal

Dell makes sweet/comfy wireless keyboard/mice...this set is only $58.99 on the amazon...we all use it at my job and we don't have issues of interference...now that I found it online so cheap I'm ordering a set for my house...it rocks my world ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-KM714-Wireless-Keyboard-5HT18/dp/B00DI79YUE/ref=asc_df_B00DI79YUE/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309773039951&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17624436672522430865&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012821&hvtargid=pla-406164334033&psc=1

4 minutes ago, PV2smokes said:

Most if not all wireless keyboards/mice come paired to the dongle supplied. I work in a similar surrounding and no one has ever had the problem of cross communication between devices.

This is the set my office uses:

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-MK550-Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse/dp/B003VAHYNC

Thank you for the reply, I will see if I can get this within our budget per user, I guess my issue that I had in the past was due to me only wanting to spend £10 on a full set :) 

2 minutes ago, RageTester said:

As far as I know 2.4 GHz USB dongles work by directional beams, so don't put people in straight line behind each other and you should be ok...or use some kind of wall, it pretty much blocks the signal...

Im unsure on this, from my knowlege of EE it isn't like this, thank you though. We do have the small issue of 6 of us will have our desks back to back. The joy of a small business :) 

PC:

CPU:  Intel Core i7 10700k (Currently at 4.7Ghz All Cores) | Motherboard: AsRock Z490 Extreme 4  | RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA | Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius S36 | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P600S  | PSU: Corsair RM850X | Storage: 512GB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD, 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Peripherals:

Monitors: Acer XV272UP, 2x Acer KG221Q, HTC Vive Headset  | Keyboard: AFXMK0217 | Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 | Sound: Logitech Z313, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 OHM (Studio) |

Other Inputs:  Saitek X52 Hotas, Steam Controller, XBox One Controller, Valve Index Controllers

1 minute ago, Stu_Bear said:

Thank you for this, it does look quite nice, will have to look into it for what price it is in the UK. :) 

PC:

Peripherals:

Just now, danakahawkeye said:

Thank you for this, it does look quite nice, will have to look into it for what price it is in the UK. :) 

We use that set at my job and have no interference...it's the most comfy set I've ever used...I didn't realize till now how inexpensive it is...I'm ordering a set for my house...wish I had done it sooner.

Just now, Stu_Bear said:

We use that set at my job and have no interference...it's the most comfy set I've ever used...I didn't realize till now how inexpensive it is...I'm ordering a set for my house...wish I had done it sooner.

Thank you, I will certainly add this to my list of possibilities. It all depends on how much they add onto it to buy it in the UK though. An example would be the logitech MK550, in the US you can get it for about $70 (£55 ish) wheras in the UK the cheapest in stock price i have found so far is about £90-£100... Hopefully can find one for the right price.

PC:

Peripherals: