does hyperthreading help with streaming and gaming at the same time?

My setup is a i5-4690k at 4.56Ghz, 16GB ddr3-1600, zotac gtx 1080 amp edition. The most demanding game i play is war thunder maxed at 1080p except for with ssaa off. I use the nvenc (new) with 6000kbps downscaled to 720p at 30fps. I would like to be stream at 720p 60fps but every time i do my stream fps start dropping as low as 45fps. I was wondering if upgrading to a i7-4790k would help me get there? i have seen mixed forum posts saying that hyperthreading helps with streaming but most of them are a couple years old. 

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

hyperthreading helps, if you're using the CPU for encoding. Since you're using nvenc, it wouldn't have an effect.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

52 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

hyperthreading helps, if you're using the CPU for encoding. Since you're using nvenc, it wouldn't have an effect.

the wouldn’t the cpu usage of obs be like 1-2% but obs uses 10-15% while streaming 

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

@SuperCookie78

Just to make sure... you aren't streaming on wifi are you?

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

Just now, BarackOBatman said:

@SuperCookie78

Just to make sure... you aren't streaming on wifi are you?

no i’m streaming on a wired connection of about 50mbps symmetric. Also at 30fps to me it seems a bit stuttery. but idk if thats because my monitor is running at 75Hz

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

38 minutes ago, SuperCookie78 said:

the wouldn’t the cpu usage of obs be like 1-2% but obs uses 10-15% while streaming 

OBS as a program will take CPU resources sure, but the CPU isn't doing the encoding.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

OBS as a program will take CPU resources sure, but the CPU isn't doing the encoding.

so overclocking my gpu would be better than getting an i7? or would getting a second gpu just for encoding be better?

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

2 minutes ago, SuperCookie78 said:

so overclocking my gpu would be better than getting an i7? or would getting a second gpu just for encoding be better?

unfortunately you can't overclock the encoding unit on the GPU so that wouldn't do much.

I think your bitrate could use some tuning, where do you stream to? if you're sending too much upstream it could just be capping the frames and resolution despite your network being sufficient. I know that twitch has certain problems regarding 60fps or 1080p streams.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

unfortunately you can't overclock the encoding unit on the GPU so that wouldn't do much.

I think your bitrate could use some tuning, where do you stream to? if you're sending too much upstream it could just be capping the frames and resolution despite your network being sufficient. I know that twitch has certain problems regarding 60fps or 1080p streams.

i am streaming to twitch.

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive