Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gentlekatt

What license to get

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys i was wondering what license should i get so i could always transfer it to other computer and also is ESD transferable?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gentlekatt said:

Hey guys i was wondering what license should i get so i could always transfer it to other computer

Technically only Retail licenses can do this, in practice though if you log into Windows with a Microsoft account, all licenses work with transferring.

5 minutes ago, Gentlekatt said:

and also is ESD transferable?

ESD like Electro Static Discharge, or do you mean something else?


"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, minibois said:

Technically only Retail licenses can do this, in practice though if you log into Windows with a Microsoft account, all licenses work with transferring.

ESD like Electro Static Discharge, or do you mean something else?

 

Screenshot_2.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gentlekatt said:

 

Screenshot_2.png

I believe ESD keys are not meant to be purchasable by consumers, but it would probably work.

Usually I just end up going with OEM or Retail keys, so I don't have experience with ESD keys.


"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, minibois said:

I believe ESD keys are not meant to be purchasable by consumers, but it would probably work.

Usually I just end up going with OEM or Retail keys, so I don't have experience with ESD keys.

if i buy windows from microsoft i will be able to trasnfer licencse between computers right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gentlekatt said:

if i buy windows from microsoft i will be able to trasnfer licencse between computers right?

Retail: yes, these can be transferred

OEM: Microsoft says they can't be transferred, but using a Microsoft account and logging in to your current PC and then your new PC, you can transfer it

ESD: I don't have experience with these, I don't know. Could be similar to OEM


"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites

ESD are fully transferable. It's the same as BOX but without actual box. ESD means "electronic software distribution". So basically if you buy Win10 from Microsoft - you're buying ESD.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×