Monitor for a gtx 1080

DnG99

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a gtx 1080 and want to upgrade the monitor as well. I've been researching a lot for the right one but i'm not really an expert in this matter. What i'm looking for is a 144 hz monitor. I understand that there are 3 types of monitors (IPS, TN and VA) but since i want one mostly for gaming i think i will go for TN panel. About the resolution i think i'll get a 1920x1080. I also can understand that nvidia introduced gsync long ago for problems about fps etc. My budget is around 250-300$ but i'm willing to go around 60-70$ more if there is any good g sync screen (i'm not talking about g-sync compatible but g-sync itself). 

What i've found with g sync is the Acer Predator XB241H and the ASUS ROG SWIFT PG248Q. Should i go for a g-sync monitor? I'm not really sure about all the advantages.

Regarding the monitors with g-sync compatible i've found: ASUS VG278Q, AOC G2790PX, BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P, AOC G2590FX and the ASUS VG258Q.

TL;DR: Looking for a good 1920x1080, 144 hz monitor, buget (350$ max.), is g-sync good and worth spending more for it? What's the difference between g-sync compatible and g-sync?

my opinion: dont buy gsync monitor, it will lock you into nvidia until you replace the monitor.

as for recommendation, ViewSonic XG240R

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

I agree g-sync is over rated...you can use Nvidia control panel to help stabilize things.

I would try to get a 240hz monitor at that budget if you are going for tn partially because they are of better quality than your cheap 144hz tn monitor. 

Will i not experience screen tearing or stuttering in games if i don't have g-sync? Also what does g-sync compatible exactly mean