How to transfer witcher 3 from origins to steam

I bought witcher 3 game of the year edition in ea origins, can i transfer the game to steam?

Just now, Dandapani108 said:

I bought witcher 3 game of the year edition in ea origins, can i transfer the game to steam?

No.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

You can't just transfer it over, unless the publisher is able to take back the EA Origin key and give you a new Steam/GoG key.

You can add the game to Steam as a non-Steam game though:

image.png.a00a3eae6ca4af3ec2b00fb5d641226f.png

But you won't get the achievements, it won't appear in your library (in the typical way) and you will still have to start up Origin.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Can i buy the game on steam and manually transfer the achievements to steam version of game?

Can i buy the game on steam and manually transfer the achievements to steam version of game?

You cannot, if you want to use Steam platform you have to buy your game on Steam from the get go.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Dandapani108 said:

no, if you buy the game on steam, the only way to obtain the achievements would be to get them again by playing the witcher 3 from steam 

I will complain about high prices in Norway given the oportunity.

Primary Desktop PC:

Spoiler

Hardware specifications:

CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z170 S CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x52 RAM: Crucial 16GB DDR4-2666 GPU: ASUS RX 5700XT ROG Strix SSD: Kingston Savage 240GB HDD: Seagate 3TB 7200RPM PSU: Corsair RMx 750W Case: NZXT H440

I/O:

Monitor: ASUS 27' 1440p 165Hz | AOC 24' 1080p 60hz Keyboard: Ducky ONE 2 SF (Cherry MX Brown) Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Headset: Sennheiser HD 6XX AMP/DAC: Drop O2 + SDAC DAC/AMP

(PC Part Picker Link)

Primary Laptop:

Spoiler

Dell XPS 15 9500:

CPU: i7-10750H RAM: 32GB DDR4-2933 GPU: GTX 1650 Ti SSD: 1TB NVME Display: 15.6' 1920x1200

Will it work if i buy the cd version install it start the game and when a new save file is created

i will replace it with my old achievements file from origins

4 minutes ago, Dandapani108 said:

Will it work if i buy the cd version install it start the game and when a new save file is created

i will replace it with my old achievements file from origins

Achievements aren't stored in the save-files, so no.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Oh my bad

i dont care about the achievements 

i just need my gear, armor and weapons

potions, decoction and stuff

i meant game progress save files

Oh my bad

i dont care about the achievements 

i just need my gear, armor and weapons

potions, decoction and stuff

i meant game progress save files

Savegames aren't tied to Steam, Origins or the likes. Just simply install the game and it'll use any savegames it finds, so there's nothing you need to do about that.

ok so i uninstall the witcher 3 in origins 

install the witcher 3 from steam

launch the game and im good to go with my current progress.

i do have one question. what if

i have witcher 3 GOTY edition in origin - i save the game in toussaint

i buy the regular version in steam - open the above save file

-this action will corrupt the game right ?

On 1/24/2020 at 5:01 PM, Dandapani108 said:

i do have one question. what if

i have witcher 3 GOTY edition in origin - i save the game in toussaint

i buy the regular version in steam - open the above save file

-this action will corrupt the game right ?

I don't understand how it would. The game files are mostly same. So you can copy savegames and settings between platforms. But launching game on platform where you don't own it is nope.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

I don't understand how it would. The game files are mostly same. So you can copy save games and settings between platforms. But launching game on platform where you don't own it is nope.

that's fine, because I have GOTY editions in both Steam and Origin. I am yet to download it in steam. Will see how it will go.

The reason i'm doing this is because Origin is not so reliable to me, I switch between windows while gaming and sometimes it causes display scaling issues.

recently i upgraded my case, and when i installed NZXT cam software, Witcher 3 launched and the screen was black and it stopped responding a few seconds later - this could be related to NZXT cam software as it started working after i updated the software.

But still i find origin to be very annoying to use as it keeps popping up every now and then. And i wouldn't want a master piece like Witcher 3 running on Origin...

Its working just fine. Ditched origin now. 
thanks for the help guys...