Getting a job programming without going to an expensive coding boot camp school...

dave4shmups
10 hours ago, dave4shmups said:

I really like both HTML and CSS, but I don't know if I could specialize in both of those, because internet sites also require JavaScript which  I don't like as much.

If you want to be a webdesigner then you will use HTML/CSS quite often. If you want to make frontent-complete websites then JS also. Aside of that there are JS single-page-application frameworks like Ember.JS or Angular, but that's for more complex projects. And frontend needs backend - one of PHP, Python, Ruby and alike. Not every developer is a full stack, many pick backend and don't want to touch frontend.

There are many courses and whatnot. Locally there are like 2-month courses that go up to $2500 while at best they make you for example a very very junior Python/Django developer. It teaches basics but if someone puts on CV and nothing else - no own projects, no activity within chosen platform then it can be to little for most companies. I've seen architects, navy officers, accountants take those courses and then apply on our job offers where as we have much more complex software stack to handle such juniors (although there are software houses that pick them, train for a month and then they start).