Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s a n d

What case and Fans would you recommend for my rig?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Running an rx 570 and 2200g with 8gb ram, need a case and fans that will let it run cool. mono is pwm compatible, and micro atx form factor. Would like the combination of the case and fans to be under $80, but would be fine if it went up to $100

I'm a big fan of the Meshify series from Fractal Design- they tend to run around $70-80 and have excellent airflow, as well as coming with some decent stock fans.

If you wanted the best performance combination for your budget, I'd say get a cheap case, sell the 2200g for like $50 to a friend or something and pick up a Ryzen 5 1600 AF. Cases realistically don't matter outside a couple % for performance.

- person with a $30 trash case and custom watercooling

Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

I'm a big fan of the Meshify series from Fractal Design- they tend to run around $70-80 and have excellent airflow, as well as coming with some decent stock fans.

If you wanted the best performance combination for your budget, I'd say get a cheap case, sell the 2200g for like $50 to a friend or something and pick up a Ryzen 5 1600 AF. Cases realistically don't matter outside a couple % for performance.

- person with a $30 trash case and custom watercooling

is the AF basically the same thing as a 1600 just 12 nm instead of 14?

On 1/23/2020 at 5:05 PM, s a n d said:

is the AF basically the same thing as a 1600 just 12 nm instead of 14?

You could put it that way. It's basically an almost-2600.

Where are you shopping / located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.