Reasonably priced games with good story

AndreiArgeanu

I am looking for games that are under 15$/£. I've been looking at Bioshock: The Collection as it costs 8£ and offers some 3 bioshock games, two of which are remastered and 3 dlcs as well. I have played some of the most popular titles out there like the gta series, half life series, life is strange, outlast + whistleblower and others. I have considered skyrim but it doesn't seem to really catch my eye. System requirements aren't a huge concern.

The game must have a good story, I am not really interested in multiplayer games, I just want something that keeps me engaged with a good story.

The Witcher 3, with the netflix release it seems to have a pretty deep sale its going for like $12 for the base game and $15 with the dlc.  

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x (4.3GHz)  |  GPU: MSI 1070 Ti Duke  |  MotherboardASUS Prime X570-Pro  |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200 32GB

The Deus Ex games are pretty enjoyable for story. I personally don't like the frankly outdated gameplay design of the first game (Super inaccurate shooting, kind of weird melee) but the story is pretty great. Didn't play Invisible War. Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are both pretty fun with decent and very in depth story and world building. It's a lot of fun to explore in all of them and get little world details and the inside of conspiracies etc. I got them all on sale in a bundle. Have 20 hours in DE1 (Didn't finish it) 40 hours in DE:HR and 70 hours in DE:MD

Alan Wake has a pretty cool story if you like Stephen King type deals. Gameplays a bit mediocre though. Have 14.5 hours in it.

The Witcher series. The first game is REALLY rough, but you can start at 3 just fine. I'd highly recommend the DLC, the first is a super focused 6-8 hour story adding some new content to the main map, the second is a full on expansion with a new location, enemy types, etc.

The Yakuza series. Brilliantly pairs super serious tones with some of the goofiest, dumbest bullshit you'll ever see. It's amazing. Have at least 100 hours in Yakuza 0.

#Muricaparrotgang

Go for that Bioshock! After reading the title that was the 1st thing I had in mind to recommend anyways.

Personally finished that quite recently (3 months or something) and the last one instantly became one of my 2 favourite games of all time, while the 1st one got me hella hooked into the franchise right off the bat. Just try to avoid any spoilers, guides, whatever that could tell you anything about the games.

If you own PS I'd also highly recommend The Last of Us.

Also, this topic might provide you with some useful directions:

EDIT

How could I have forgotten about Mafia II.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:48 PM, PV2smokes said:

The Witcher 3, with the netflix release it seems to have a pretty deep sale its going for like $12 for the base game and $15 with the dlc.  

Where did you get such price? In my opinion spending 3$ more is definitely worth the cost in this case though... You can now get it for 11.65$ on GOG.com ;)https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_game_of_the_year_edition

4 hours ago, Dream Machines Official said:

Where did you get such price? In my opinion spending 3$ more is definitely worth the cost in this case though... You can now get it for 11.65$ on GOG.com ;)https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_game_of_the_year_edition

Steam, but it looks like it is back to $39.99 for the base game now. 

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x (4.3GHz)  |  GPU: MSI 1070 Ti Duke  |  MotherboardASUS Prime X570-Pro  |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200 32GB

21 hours ago, PV2smokes said:

Steam, but it looks like it is back to $39.99 for the base game now. 

I will give you a fun fact - if you are using Steam you can actually create and account on Gog.com, buy the game cheaper and connect platforms together ;) using GOg Connect.