Digital notebook?

Tedstonegenious

I am trying to go digital for my classes. Mainly because I am much better at organizing digital files than a bunch of paper and heavy books. My laptop has decent pen support, So I want to use it for both note taking and doing assignments. While one note does a decent job with note taking. The ruled option don't tell me where the border is so my work tends to be when I print the assignment, (ink for my printer is rather cheap) And word, while supports windows ink, does not have a option to show ruled paper and the drawings sometimes go out of sync when I scroll. Is there a way to make a digital notebook that'll allow me to print assignments. 

My homework is mainly calculus.

I think Microsoft's onenote can be a good candidate, you can sync with it, has a good pen support (i think), and I believe you can create notebook on it.

Ipad Pro is also an excellent option. I prefer it way more for note taking than any surface I've owned. The latency between the pen and the tablet is much lower making it feel more natural to write on.

You could try out notebility but I am not sure if it is equally good on windows as it is on my Ipad. I do all my notes and homework with it. It uses borders and squared digital paper. If you try to use it, don´t use the first and last line of each page as it will be cut in half when printing.

I think however you have to buy it

iPad - which ever you can afford. Pro (3rd gen or even 2nd Gen, because of 120 Hz) > Air 3 > 7th Gen entry iPad.

If you want a Tablet with this capability.
Extremely good Pencil, a high variety of different Apps, that all have different Strengths.

Do you "need" a full Desktop OS, for stuff like heavy office, or specific Applications? (matLab? idk) Then look into a Windows device, probably Surface Pro 6/7 (stay away from the Pro X), if it needs to be cheap Surface Go (you will feel it not beeing the fastest. But it gets note taking done).

Windows pretty much only has OneNote as noteworthy note taking app. Nothing else really. Most (good) note Taking apps are iOS exclusive, sadly.

I am deniability against apple. The main problem with one note is that it doesn't scale the notebook, making printing decent homework a bit of a challenge. 

The Apps available for Apple's iPads have defined Pages, which makes printing very easy.

so.... yea. either that, or OneNote.