Faulty GTX 780ti

So the other day i bought a GTX 780 ti for parts on ebay. When it came It loaded up completely fine untill I installed nvidia drivers onto it, then it stopped booting after that and my screen was covered in purple lines. Then after I decided to reflow and the card, the card now boots with "drivers" installed. But when ever i check for driver updates it says that the latest ones are installed but i still need to download those latest drivers (see pictures) and the screen is still covered in these purple lines. When I try to launch up games it says that the drivers are either not found or updated. I've DDU'd multiple times in (safe mode and without safe mode) and reinstalled but it doesn't seem to fix the issue. 

If anyone knows anything about this, your help would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG_20200123_154728.jpg

IMG_20200123_145144.jpg

IMG_20200123_141001.jpg

Did you try with previous drivers version?

give it a shot.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

it comes up with this page when i try to install older versions.even though its a version from late 2019image.png.652b0ba31b948152a363d53a9000d47f.png

17 minutes ago, Kingl123 said:

it comes up with this page when i try to install older versions.even though its a version from late 2019image.png.652b0ba31b948152a363d53a9000d47f.png

if you go to https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us you can instead download the standard version of the older driver. This error is just due to nvidias website giving you the DCH version by default which is just lacking the nvidia control panel i think.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

Things done. I’d use it for the parts you bought it for. Unless you have a spare oven to try and bake it. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

32 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

if you go to https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us you can instead download the standard version of the older driver. This error is just due to nvidias website giving you the DCH version by default which is just lacking the nvidia control panel i think.

same issue as before

5 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Things done. I’d use it for the parts you bought it for. Unless you have a spare oven to try and bake it. 

It's not completely dead otherwise it wouldn't boot up or be detected by windows at all. Already tried reflowing with a heatgun and it only slightly improved the card.

26 minutes ago, Kingl123 said:

same issue as before

To be clear, you went there and selected these options?

image.png.4a392eb529738baa586a3f42da121cba.png

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

9 minutes ago, Kingl123 said:

It's not completely dead otherwise it wouldn't boot up or be detected by windows at all. Already tried reflowing with a heatgun and it only slightly improved the card.

Technically not completely dead, but given the purple bar artifacting, its looking like irreversible damage has been incurred. 

Effectively bricked...

10 minutes ago, Kingl123 said:

Didn’t say it’s dead. Clearly shows that’s it’s done. Installing drivers shows that. Which is why it was sold for parts. So replace the bad parts. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz