random freezes..

Mythical2

so... since i built this pc ive had this random freezes everynow and then and it didnt bother me. i thought its a minor bug in the gpu and apparently its not. so i sometimes watch youtube/ play games and i have this 3 seconds freeze on my whole pc and nothing is happening , pretty sure its windows cuz its even happening on yt and such. i dont think its relatable to my gpu/cpu but im not a 100% sure. sometimes i get this annoying fps drop to like >30 in easy to run games like rec room rocketleague, csgo and more. anyone knows to solve it? tried all the stuff on yt but still no success... desperately looking for help :/ thanks for your time ❤️

specs:

rx5700 xt nitro +

r7 3700x

8*2 gb ram 3600mhz tridentZ

x470 asus prime pro

corsair RM850x 

2x 1tb ssd samsung Qvo

do you have ram in slots 2 and 4 and docp enabled?

do you have the latest drivers for chipset and video?

Just now, boggy77 said:

do you have ram in slots 2 and 4 and docp enabled?

do you have the latest drivers for chipset and video?

yeah my motherboard prefers solts 2 and 4 so its on it.

and i do have the latest drivers for everything. used driver easy to update all.

Are you running Windows 10? and have you done a clean install since you've got this hardware? and what are your CPU temps?

What do you mean by nothing happening? is the mouse freezing as well? or do you click on things but nothing happens?

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

Are you running Windows 10? and have you done a clean install since you've got this hardware? and what are your CPU temps?

What do you mean by nothing happening? is the mouse freezing as well? or do you click on things but nothing happens?

well ive done a reinstall of windows but didnt delete my files. cpu temps are at 40s in idle and at 60c in gaming and when i freeze its just like the game freezes but my hardware works. like i meant the whole screen frozen but the game is still working and my movements most of the time register in the game when im freezing

4 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

docp is enabled since my ram cant go up 3600mhz without it

2 minutes ago, Mythical2 said:

like i meant the whole screen frozen but the game is still working and my movements most of the time register in the game when im freezing

sounds like a gpu issue. try reverting to pre-adrenalin 20 drivers and see if they are more stable. quite a lot of people had problems with the new drivers.

4 minutes ago, Mythical2 said:

well ive done a reinstall of windows but didnt delete my files. cpu temps are at 40s in idle and at 60c in gaming and when i freeze its just like the game freezes but my hardware works. like i meant the whole screen frozen but the game is still working and my movements most of the time register in the game when im freezing

Game freezes but you can still walk/move freely? that's a network freeze also known as lag, I don't understand what you mean, can you show it?

You didn't answer if it's Windows 10 or not though.

Just now, boggy77 said:

sounds like a gpu issue. try reverting to pre-adrenalin 20 drivers and see if they are more stable. quite a lot of people had problems with the new drivers.

tbh idk because ive had this gpu since 19.2.2 and it was like this in all of the gpu versions so im suspecting the windows but i actually have no idea... 

Just now, Mythical2 said:

tbh idk because ive had this gpu since 19.2.2 and it was like this in all of the gpu versions so im suspecting the windows but i actually have no idea... 

oh so it's always been a problem? maybe just a bad gpu then. is it still under warranty?

Just now, _Syn_ said:

Game freezes but you can still walk and move freely? that's a network freeze also known as lag, I don't understand what you mean, can you show it?

You didn't answer if it's Windows 10 or not though.

it is windows 10, sorry, so like it happens randomly so i cant really show it unless i record my screen for some time until it happens.. the game freezes is just like stuck and the whole screen and audio is not working for the whole freeze time and afterwards it just resumes

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

oh so it's always been a problem? maybe just a bad gpu then. is it still under warranty?

well i have like a week for full refund in amazon.but idk if i can return it in time because its gonna be atleast a week for it to arrive to the us so idk... i have a gtx 960 in hand if u think i should just try to replace it . what do u think?

2 minutes ago, Mythical2 said:

it is windows 10, sorry, so like it happens randomly so i cant really show it unless i record my screen for some time until it happens.. the game freezes is just like stuck and the whole screen and audio is not working for the whole freeze time and afterwards it just resumes

Try disabling DOCP and run your RAM at 2133mhz or whatever it defaults at, it's possible that it's memory related

Just now, _Syn_ said:

Try disabling DOCP and run your RAM at 2133mhz or whatever it defaults at, it's possible that it's memory related

ill try to do that and play for an hour and see if it happens, if it does i guess ill switch the gpu and check if its gpu related but idk because i didnt have any weird things happening except for that, but ive had issues with the drivers such as crashing and game not working so i disabled like anti lag image sharpening and now it all works except for the freezes

51 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

for now there has been 1 frame drop but no freeze yet. its been 20mins of gameplay. so ill keep the ram as is for a day and see if theres any changes

and thanks

4 minutes ago, Mythical2 said:

for now there has been 1 frame drop but no freeze yet. its been 20mins of gameplay. so ill keep the ram as is for a day and see if theres any changes

and thanks

Hope it works out :D report back in case someone with similar issues stumbles on this page

2 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

Hope it works out :D report back in case someone with similar issues stumbles on this page

have had 1 freeze but it was just like an fps drop but in yt for now. not really a freeze but i think we kind of fixed it dont know for sure thought 

36 minutes ago, Mythical2 said:

have had 1 freeze but it was just like an fps drop but in yt for now. not really a freeze but i think we kind of fixed it dont know for sure thought 

That would considered as a stutter but it might be a normal stutter it's difficult to know, back to your RAM though it's possible that it's defective or it's unstable due to the board itself not having memory lanes robust enough to run at that frequency, you could try enabling DOCP and then manually stepping down the frequency to 3400Mhz or something like that, running at 2133mhz is far from ideal.

1 hour ago, _Syn_ said:

That would considered as a stutter but it might be a normal stutter it's difficult to know, back to your RAM though it's possible that it's defective or it's unstable due to the board itself not having memory lanes robust enough to run at that frequency, you could try enabling DOCP and then manually stepping down the frequency to 3400Mhz or something like that, running at 2133mhz is far from ideal.

could u maybe help me tomorrow through discord? if you can add me @ Mythical#8773

On 1/23/2020 at 9:41 PM, _Syn_ said:

well i still got the lags but not the same annoying ones, what should i do instead of running on 2133?

38 minutes ago, Mythical2 said:

well i still got the lags but not the same annoying ones, what should i do instead of running on 2133?

Go to BIOS and enter Advanced Mode by hitting F7, then AI Tweaker>AI Overclock Tuner and enable DOCP, then look for Memory Frequency and change that to 3400mhz or 3466mhz, save and exit BIOS.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 6:24 PM, _Syn_ said:

hey, ik its been awhile but the problem is still here, ive done windows ram test twice (no errors) and i put the ram at 3200mhz but i still get the random freezes , even on yt... any idea what else could it be?

10 hours ago, Mythical2 said:

hey, ik its been awhile but the problem is still here, ive done windows ram test twice (no errors) and i put the ram at 3200mhz but i still get the random freezes , even on yt... any idea what else could it be?

It's difficult to pinpoint an issue like this, there's another person on here with a 2700X that is also getting heavy stutters, but he also replaced all of his hardware except the CPU and he's still getting these issues in the same games as you are, I'm not saying it's your CPU or even your hardware, but how difficult it is for me to trace stutters without hands-on troubleshooting, I can only inform you about the obvious solutions if I see one.

Since you're getting audio dropouts as well, try LatencyMon and click Start once you open it up and play a youtube video until it stutters, the program should detect that stutter and tell you that there's something wrong, then go to the Drivers tab in LatencyMon and sort by Highest Execution and post a screenshot.

https://www.resplendence.com/downloads (scroll down)