Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RafaelSoaresP

Need help. All router interfaces isolated from each other

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi!

 

I've recently moved cities, and to my despair my new local internet providers uses a GPON Router device (a router that directly receives the fiber optic cable and works as a modem too).

 

I've always ahted these things, as it severely limits the flexibility of the network structure.  The model of this one in particular is the ZTE F670L (rebranded by Multilaser, a Brazillian tech company). One of the few mentions I can find about this model online is this brochure http://ztegpon.cz/pdf/ZXHN F670L datasheet.pdf

Now to the mais issue, of all of my connected devices, only the ones that are on the same wifi can comunicate with each other. Devices connected on the lan, can not ping each other, and can not ping wireless devices. Wireless devices can ping each other, but can not ping wired devices. Everyone can ping the router, and everyone has access to the internet. 

 

Attached to this post is a masterpiece of Microsoft Paint art showing how are things conected.

 

Lan1 only comunicates with Lan1 and Wan
Lan2 only comunicates with Lan2 and Wan
Lan3 only comunicates with Lan3 and Wan
Lan4 only comunicates with Lan4 and Wan
Wlan only comunicates with Wlan and Wan

 

I've already checked the settings on the router, and Wlan isolation is disabled for both 2,4 and 5ghz networks, and even then, it shouldn't be affecting wired lan comunication. 

Any ideas as to why this is happening? 

 

Cheers! 

 

 

 

d41e7172-5d61-4996-a1c4-695044cfa3f7.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RafaelSoaresP said:

I've always ahted these things, as it severely limits the flexibility of the network structure.  The model of this one in particular is the ZTE F670L (rebranded by Multilaser, a Brazillian tech company). One of the few mentions I can find about this model online is this brochure http://ztegpon.cz/pdf/ZXHN F670L datasheet.pdf

You're probably going to have to take screenshots of all the options the box's settings-pages have and post them here. Your problem sounds a lot like all the LAN-interfaces had each their own VLAN, but since I am not familiar with that box, I cannot tell you where to find the settings for that.


Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RafaelSoaresP said:

Lan1 only comunicates with Lan1 and Wan
Lan2 only comunicates with Lan2 and Wan
Lan3 only comunicates with Lan3 and Wan
Lan4 only comunicates with Lan4 and Wan
Wlan only comunicates with Wlan and Wan

 

I'm not sure what you mean by Lan1 is that a Vlan?  

 

17 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Your problem sounds a lot like all the LAN-interfaces had each their own VLAN

That's what I was thinking.  Since his router isn't set up with subinterfaces.  I can only assume they are in seperate subnets or Vlan's somehow. 

 

We need more information to assist.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, BobbyPdue said:

I'm not sure what you mean by Lan1 is that a Vlan?  

The wired port 1 on the router

 

 

30 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You're probably going to have to take screenshots of all the options the box's settings-pages have and post them here. Your problem sounds a lot like all the LAN-interfaces had each their own VLAN, but since I am not familiar with that box, I cannot tell you where to find the settings for that.

 

I can post all the screenshots from the settings in a few hours. Unfortunately I'm not at home right now. 

At the security settings I recall to have experimented with something about vlans for each interface, I've attempted do set VLAN 1 to all interfaces (lan 1-4 and wlan ssid1-2), but had no positive result. I admit I know the theory, but have never used these settings before.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RafaelSoaresP said:

At the security settings I recall to have experimented with something about vlans for each interface

If you selected that then that is the issue that's exactly how it's acting.  A vlan will seperate a network into different virtual networks that can't communicate with one other without a router with subinterfaces. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, BobbyPdue said:

If you selected that then that is the issue that's exactly how it's acting.  A vlan will seperate a network into different virtual networks that can't communicate with one other without a router with subinterfaces. 

I didn't explained properly.

 

I already had the issue when I've changed these settings. 

Originally they weren't set to any Vlan, but wtill wouldn't talk to each other. 
To try to fix it, I've set for all interfaces the Vlan 1, but still had no luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RafaelSoaresP said:

I can post all the screenshots from the settings in a few hours. Unfortunately I'm not at home right now

Sure, we'll take a look then.


Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RafaelSoaresP said:

I didn't explained properly.

 

I already had the issue when I've changed these settings. 

Originally they weren't set to any Vlan, but wtill wouldn't talk to each other. 
To try to fix it, I've set for all interfaces the Vlan 1, but still had no luck.

It sounds like the change you made wasn't accepted by the router.  I'd power it off, then back on and see if the setting actually changed.  It sounds like it didn't accept the change.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, BobbyPdue said:

It sounds like the change you made wasn't accepted by the router.  I'd power it off, then back on and see if the setting actually changed.  It sounds like it didn't accept the change.  

I'm honestly ashamed I haven't tried the classical IT motto "have you tried turning it off and on again?". Hahahhaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Sure, we'll take a look then.

 

7 hours ago, BobbyPdue said:

I'm not sure what you mean by Lan1 is that a Vlan?  

 

That's what I was thinking.  Since his router isn't set up with subinterfaces.  I can only assume they are in seperate subnets or Vlan's somehow. 

 

We need more information to assist.    

Here's the link to the screenshots. There are A LOT of options for a home router. 


https://imgur.com/a/C7LejRa

 

I've skipped some unnecessary things, such as USB and 3G services, but if you still want to see them, please let me know. 

Attached is the PDF file I've saved from the help section. It might be of use.

F670L.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RafaelSoaresP said:

 

Here's the link to the screenshots. There are A LOT of options for a home router. 


https://imgur.com/a/C7LejRa

 

I've skipped some unnecessary things, such as USB and 3G services, but if you still want to see them, please let me know. 

Attached is the PDF file I've saved from the help section. It might be of use.

F670L.pdf 126.44 kB · 0 downloads

You need to reupload those photos with your IP address bloated out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

You need to reupload those photos with your IP address bloated out. 

Just replaced the one with my external IP. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RafaelSoaresP said:

Just replaced the one with my external IP. Thanks!

That firmware is a mess. I'm kind of stumped. I did look through the pictures several times, but so far I don't really have any ideas.


Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

That firmware is a mess. I'm kind of stumped. I did look through the pictures several times, but so far I don't really have any ideas.

Same thing here. I also can't figure out where to enable wake on lan packets. I might just add another router to my network and use this one just as a modem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RafaelSoaresP said:

Same thing here. I also can't figure out where to enable wake on lan packets. I might just add another router to my network and use this one just as a modem. 

Yeah, that seems like the easiest method.


Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I just noticed, if you look at the associated devices for the 2.4 there's a device with ip 102 and for the 5 ghz network there's a different device associates with the ip 102.

 

So it is indeed creating a different network for the different interfaces. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×